Monday 15 July 2019

DAY6 - Remember Us: Youth Part 2

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Today sees DAY6 make their comeback and I thought what better way to celebrate their return than with their 4th mini album Remember Us: Youth Part 2.
On the 23rd of November 2018, it was announced that DAY6 would be releasing a new mini album titled Remember Us: Youth Part 2 in December. A few days later on the 28th of November 2018, motion posters of the members were released and on the next day on the 29th of November 2018, Sungjin and Jae's teaser images were released.
Google Images
Google Images
On the 30th of November 2018, Young K's teaser images were released.
Google Images
On the 1st of December 2018, Wonpil's teaser images were released.
Google Images
Finally on the 2nd of December 2018, the final individual teaser images were released with Dowoon.
Google Images
On the 3rd of December 2018, unit and group teaser images were released.
 Google Images
 Google Images
On the 4th of December 2018, the first M/V teaser was released for title track "행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By)".
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 5th of December 2018, the second M/V teaser was released for title track "행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By)".
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of December 2018, the "Remember Us: Youth Part 2" Album Sampler was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Finally on the 10th of December 2018, DAY6 released their M/V for "행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By)", along with the physical and digital release of their 4th mini album Remember Us: Youth Part 2.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Just 3 hours after the albums release, a comeback show was broadcast live on Naver's V-Live app, DAY6 also promoted on music shows, having their comeback stage on Music Bank on the 14th of December 2018.

Young K wrote the lyrics for 아픈 길 (Hurt Road), 행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By), 121U, 완전 멋지잖아 (So Cool) and Beautiful feeling with Young K, Jae, Sungjin and Wonpil co-composing on 아픈 길 (Hurt Road), 행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By), 121U and 완전 멋지잖아 (So Cool), while only Young K co-composed on Beautiful Feeling.
Young K and Jae co-wrote the lyrics for 두통 (Headache), with Jae, Young K, Sungjin and Wonpil co-composing on the track.
Young K also co-wrote the lyrics for 마라톤 (Marathon) with both Young K and Wonpil co-composing on the track.

Remember Us: Youth Part 2 peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.10 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
53,456+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By) has so far gained 7,344,927 million views, with the views to continue to increase on a daily basis.

Remember Us: Youth Part 2 was released in 2 version Rewind (Rew) and Fast Forward (FF), both versions are set out in a hardback book style case and comes with Cd. photo book,clear card, sticker sheet, postcard and 2 random photo cards.
Photo books for both versions are completely different.

Track List:
아픈 길 (Hurt Road)
행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By)
두통 (Headache)
121U
완전 멋지잖아 (So Cool)
마라톤 (Marathon)
Beautiful Feeling





































As expected when I first listened to this mini album, I was blown away I'm always excited for DAY6 to return as I know I'll never be left underwhelmed.
This time round we start of with 아픈 길 (Hurt Road), which is a slower track, which is I think an awesome way to lead you into the album, this track also takes me back to 2017 when we were getting a DAY6 track every month as part of their year long project, which also makes me reminisce of the 2 years that I've been a My Day, my only regret is that I didn't look into them sooner. This track also reminds me of the winter months, which I think is probably because winter is often associated with sadness.
아픈 길 (Hurt Road)

 The first time I heard 행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By), I was hooked, I loved that they were doing something completely different, I also loved that it me feel nostalgic about my childhood and growing up in the late 80's early 90's. It gives me the feeling that they really had fun while making this song.
행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By)

One of my favourite tracks from the Remember Us mini album is 두통 (Headache), I love the music as well as the vocals, one of the things I've learnt with DAY6 is that they're voices blend well not only together but with their music. This song really gets me pumped and ready for whatever may appear throughout the day. It also gives me vibes that it would work well as either an opening and ending theme for an anime.
두통 (Headache)

Another song I love and is one of my favourites is 121U, I think 두통 (Headache) connects really well to 121U musically, they fit together really well. While I always love DAY6' songs I always feel myself being pulled more towards their rockier songs, but maybe that's just my emo and rock girl from mt youth coming out. I remember being so confused by the title of the track and wondered why it had that name, the penny finally dropped when I listened to it and realised it was short for want to want you, maybe I'm just not down with the kids anymore.
121U

I love that 완전 멋지잖아 (So Cool) is more of a mid-tempo track but still has power within their vocals as well as the melody, it gives me old school DAY6 vibes as well as sounding like a new sound for them. I love the first verses and how they're sung as well as loving Jae's vocals in the chorus, we also see the return of rapper Young K.
완전 멋지잖아 (So Cool)

It's time to slow it down again with 마라톤 (Marathon), while I love DAY6's more upbeat and rockier tracks, I love their slower tracks too as they're all amazing vocalists but I think with their slower slower tracks Jae and Wonpil shine a little more as their voices have a more softer tone to them, while Sungjin and Young K have vocals that have more of a rock edge.
마라톤 (Marathon)

No I have to say that Beautiful Feeling has to be my favourite track from the album and I think it's the perfect track to end the album with. We were actually given this song 2 months before the albums release as it was a song dedicated to all the My Day's, with the M/V showing their journey so far at that point and how their fans have got them to the point they're at now. I love the melody and the vocals, the M/V brings tears to my eyes as do the vocals which again for me from DAY6 shows there is no language barrier with them especially when they have emotion to convey across to the listeners. I was brought tears like the rest of my My Day gang when one certain voice appeared on the song and no matter how many times I hear this song all the aspects mentioned above still make me emotional, I also still grin from ear to ear when our maknae Dowoon appears.
Beautiful Feeling

DAY6 have announced another world tour, stopping again in London, I hope I can go see them this time but sadly I don't hold out much hope that I will be able to. I've always said that I think DAY6 would do really well in the UK because even though they are what we call manufactured, they still do it all themselves when it comes to playing their instruments, as well as creating their own music and as I've said before they've never out out a bad record, which i think shows that they are doing what they love to do.

Were you a fan of Remember Us: Youth Part 2?
What did you think to 행복했던 날들이었다 (Days Gone By) as a title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment