Tuesday 10 January 2023

Plain Scones

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I don't think I've baked scones since food technology at school, like with pastry, I've always been deterred from baking them because I hate it getting stuck to my fingers, but the more I bake them, the more I get used to it.
So when I came across a Mary Berry scones recipe, I thought it was time to give it a go.

Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
450g Self-raising flour
2 level tsp Baking powder
50g Caster sugar
100g Butter, softened
2 Eggs
A little Milk

Start off by pre-heating your oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 7.
Lightly grease two baking trays.

In a large bowl, put the flour, baking powder and caster sugar.

Add the butter and rub in with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

Crack the eggs into a measuring jug, then add enough milk to make the total liquid to 300ml.

Stir the egg and milk mixture into the flour -  you may not need all the mixture -  and mix to a soft, sticky dough.

Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.

Roll out the dough.

Cut into as many rounds a possible with a fluted 5cm cutter and place them on the prepared baking trays.
Brush the tops with a little extra milk, or any egg and milk left in the jug.

Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the scones are well risen and a pale, golden-brown colour.
Once baked, lift onto a wire rack to cool.

Server them however you like, I had mine with raspberry jam and clotted cream.


Some of mine didn't have a good rise on them, but they still tasted really nice, but practice makes perfect.
Even Skye seemed to enjoy them too.
The recipe is really easy to follow and isn't too time consuming.

If you would like to follow the original recipe, then head over to Mary Berry's Scones recipe over on the BBC Food website.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment