Wednesday 11 January 2023

Favourite K-pop Debuts of 2022

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Normally I would mention my favourite rookies in my Top Albums post, but because 2022 had so many group and solo debut that I loved, I decided it was time to make it into a separate post, so today I have 6 solo debuts and 9 rookie groups to share with you that had me in love.

Groups

Kep1er
Google Images
I loved Kep1er's debut, I thought their title track was really catchy, and while I never watched Girls Planet 999 that created them, I'd watched Bahiyyih's cam's and I loved her voice. Their title tracks and mini albums are pretty good as well as catchy.
WA DA DA
Owned by Swing Entertainment

TEMPEST
Google Images
I loved TEMPEST's debut and I was really happy to see Hanbin debut, I thought he was adorable on I-LAND.
Their debut track Bad News was really catchy and I loved that they included their group name in the lyrics. Each of their albums and title tracks have been really good so far.
Bad News
Owned by Yuehua Entertainment

ILY:1
Google Images
I've really liked ILY:1 since their pre-debut performance of AZELEA on Simply K-pop, I'm not normally a big lover of girl groups, but these have had me hooked from since their pre-debut release. I've loved their 4 songs so far and I have my fingers crossed for their future.
AZELEA
Owned by FC ENM

BLANK2Y
Google Images
BLANK2Y were another group I was excited to see debut because Youngbin from I-LAND would debuting as a member and I loved their debut song and album, and I loved that we also got an English version of their title track, Their debut album is so good and versatile.
Thumbs Up
Owned by Keystone Entertainment

VIVIZ
Google Images
For me VIVIZ had my favourite group debut of 2022, both their mini albums are really good and catchy and seeing them live really was the cherry on top. I was heartbroken to see GFriend disband in 2021 as I'd been following them since their debut. I can't wait for more releases from them.
Bop Bop
Owned by Big Planet Entertainment

TRENDZ
Google Images
For me TRENDZ had such a good debut mini album, I was hooked from the first listen.
TNT (Truth&Trust)
Owned by Interpark Music Plus

LE SSERAFIM
Google Images
While I loved LE SSERAFIM's debut title track, it was their 2nd mini album that made me want to listen to them, their 2nd mini album is just full of bops.
Antifragile
Owned by Source Music

NINE.i
Google Images
I've loved both of NINE.i's albums, their songs are really catchy and really made an impression.
Parallel Universe
Owned by FirstOne Entertainment

&TEAM
Google Images
Even though this wasn't really a K-pop debut, I have to mention &TEAM because it saw the debut of I-LANDERS K, Nicholas, EJ and Taki.
Under the Skin
Owned by Hybe Labels Japan

Lee Chaeyeon
Google Images
While I know that Chaeyeon was a member of IZ*One, I can't say I was an avid follower of the group, I liked some of their title tracks and new some of the members, but I never really payed attention to them. But I had to check out Chaeyeon's solo debut and I'm glad I did, her mini album for me sounds nostalgic and sounds like something I listened to when I was younger, her title track was really catchy too.
Hush Rush
Owned by WM Entertainment

Kihyun
Google Images
I loved Kihyun's debut single album, I absolutely love Kihyun's voice, so I was happy and excited to see him finally having his solo debut. Each of the tracks really showcase his voice, so much so that I didn't think I could fall in love with his voice all over again.
Voyager
Owned by Starship Entertainment

Yuju
Google Images
One of the main reasons why I loved Yuju's solo debut was that it was something new, being a Gfriend fan and already loving her voice (she was one of my biases), hearing her sing something that we wouldn't necessarily hear her sing in Gfriend, for me it definitely had a darker edge and the more I listen to this album, the more I think Source Music were holding back her vocal talents.
놀이 (Play)
Owned by Konnect Entertainment

Xiumin
Google Images
I think people often get how underrated Xiumin's vocals are, so him finally getting a solo album made me happy and I think his first album is perfect to what we see of him on stage.
Brand New
Owned by SM Entertainment

Im Nayeon
Google Images
Nayeon's solo debut had to be mentioned because I love how catchy each of the tracks are on her mini album, I don't think there is a song on this album that I don't sing along to.
I definitely recommend checking out this album.
POP!
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Seulgi
Google Images
I love Seulgi's voice and for me out of the members of Red Velvet, Seulgi has the most versatile voice. Her debut solo mini album is definitely one of my favourites for 2022, each track shows off her vocals perfectly and allows us to see a different side to her talents.
28 reasons
Owned by SM Entertainment

So there we have my favourite group and solo debuts of 2022, I can't wait to see what 2023 brings for the new groups and hopefully we'll see more solo releases and debuts this year.

Who were some of your favourite group and solo debuts in 2022?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment