Thursday 5 January 2023

Favourite K-pop Singles of 2022

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


For the first time, I'm going to share with you my favourite K-pop singles released in 2022, which were mainly digitally released.
This is in no particular order, they're just the songs I loved the most.

Kino - Pose
Google Images
Obviously paying more attention to PENTAGON, meant I had to check out Kino's official solo debut, this song also got a physical release, and for me it gives me Taemin vibes, which gives me high hopes for his solo music in the future.
The song is extremely catchy and from the first listen I was singling along.
Owned by Cube Entertainment

Woozi - Ruby
Google Images
I was obsessed with this song when it was released, it was till my 2nd listen that I realised it was sung completely in English.
It's still a song that I sing along to from start to finish.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

BIGBANG - Still Life
Google Images
While I don't own any BIGBANG albums, I still like and listen to some of their tracks, especially title tracks, so seeing them return with a new song after their military enlistment, made me happy and excited.
What I was not ready for, was how emotional it made me, this song had me in tears, it's such a beautiful and emotional song, if this was to be their swan song, I think it would be the perfect song to say farewell with.
Owned by YG Entertainment

APR Project - 11시59분 (11:59)
Google Images
Back when they debuted TRCNG were one of my favourite rookies, so seeing them eventually disband was heartbreaking because they truly were an underrated group.
Saying I was ecstatic was an understatement when I saw that Jihun, Hyunwoo, Siwoo and Kangmin (now under the stage name Hamin) were going to be redebuting together, part of me hopes the rest of TRCNG will join them but I read that while the 4-members wanted to all redebut together, they understood that the others wanted to branch out and do other things. I still have hope that we will see some familiar TRCNG faces when APR Project make their official debut.
As soon as I heard their voices in this track, it hit home just how much I've missed TRCNG, this song is just stunning and I can't wait to see what their future holds.
Owned by APR Entertainment

Hyunjun Hur - Let Me Drown
Google Images
I've loved every track that Hyunjun has released, I feel that if he had remained with THE BOYZ then his talents would have gone remaining hidden and he wouldn't really be able to grow musically and creatively.
I love the melody for this song and his voice is perfect, I think his voice would be perfect with a rock style song, I hope that we one day get a mini album or even a full album of songs, as he's clearly talented.
Owned by Hyunjun Hur

DKZ - Uh-Heung

Hyunjun Hur
Google Images
I've actually known of DKZ (Formelly Dongkiz) since 2019, when they were promoting Blockbuster, as I remember their Simply K-pop stages, but I've never really payed much attention to them till member Jaechan starred in the BL drama Semantic Error based on the webtoon of the same name (which I read), and my respect for him shot up when I read that he ignored his companies suggestion of not being in the drama.
I absolutely loved this song and it really stood out for me and has made me want to keep and eye on the group and their future releases.
Owned by Dongyo Entertainment

Wanna One - Beautiful (Part.3)
Google Images
We saw Wanna One return this year with a special song and expected it's stunning with the melody and vocals being perfect. It's nice to hear their voices as one again, especially for the fans that have been their since they were formed.
Owned by CJ&M

So there you have it, they were my favourite singles of 2022.
I look forward to hear the singles we will get in 2023.

What were your favourite singles of 2022?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
PENTAGON 펜타곤 (Official YouTube Channe

No comments:

Post a Comment