Monday 5 September 2022

THE BOYZ - The Sphere

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Sphere is THE BOYZ' 1st single album.
On the 9th of July 2018, the Special Single 지킬게 (KeePer) M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 12th of July 2018, the 지킬게 (KeePer) M/V was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 31t of August 2018, the Right Here M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 3rd of September 2018, the Right Here M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 5th of September 2018, the Right Here M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 1st single album The Sphere.
Owned by IST Entertainment

Sunwoo co-wrote on title track Right Here.
Sunwoo and Eric co-wrote on track L.O.U.

The Sphere peaked at No.4 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 69,364+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Right Here has so far gained 2,486,758 million views through THE BOYZ' official YouTube channel and has also gained 14,653,328 million views through the 1theK, giving the M/V a combined view count of 17,140,086 million.

The Sphere was released in 2 versions: Real and Dream.
Both versions are set out in a hardback case and comes with the Cd, photo book, 2 random postcards, a frame, 2 sticker sheets and a random photo card.

Track List:
Right Here
L.O.U
지킬게 (KeePer) Prod. Park Kyung














































I have the Real Version and I love the photo book, the concept is bright, fitting with the concept of the album. The album itself is really short and sweet with just 3 tracks, with each track sounding different but flowing perfectly together.

Right Here is a title track that as soon as it starts you know it's from THE BOYZ, even though I wasn't a fan or a listener back when this was released, I still feel nostalgic listening to it because I saw them promoting it. I love the melody and how upbeat it is and for me it's one of THE BOYZ' signature songs.
Right Here

I love the melody for L.O.U, some of the melody actually reminds me of another song but I quite put my finger on what song it is. I love the vocals in this track, they blend so well with the melody. I especially love the chorus. It's definitely one of my favourite B-sides. This is one of those songs that makes me hate being late to THEB game.
L.O.U

지킬게 (KeePer) gives me strong summer vibes, the melody is really bright and uplifting and I can't help but tap my foot along to the beat. Their voices perfectly with the melody as well as the concept.
지킬게 (KeePer)

I love this album, it's full of summer vibes, as well as upbeat and happy beats and melodies, with strong, cute and soft vocals, as well as strong and soft raps. For me this album embodies THE BOYZ' sound in their earlier days and I love being able to go back and see how much they've grown.

In my last THE BOYZ post I mentioned how Eric had headed back to America because he was on hiatus from the group for his health, we've had no updates so I can only hope he's doing well and getting the rest and help he needs, it was odd not hearing his voice in their latest comeback. But now sadly Sunwoo is now also taking a hiatus from the group for his health, which I can only put down to it being the strain of touring as well as preparing a comeback and heading into promotions. I hope both he and Eric feel healthy enough to return soon.

Were you a fan of The Sphere?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which Version(s) did you get?
What were thoughts on Right Here as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment