Friday 2 September 2022

Japanese Drama - Can't Run Away From Love

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Can't Run Away From Love is a 2021, Japanese romance drama written and directed by Kawahara Yo.
It began airing the 16th of September 2021, concluding on the 11th of November 2021.
The series has 9 episodes, and is adapted from the manga series "Anyway, I Won't Run Away" by Kazui Kazumi.

Main Cast:
Shirasu Jin as Sakisaka Takumi
Google Images

Yokota Mayuu as Nodakura Naho
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Asaka Kodai as Fukasawa Kaoru
Google Images

Kusakawa Takuya as Amari Takehiko
Google Images

Ishida Nicole as Urae Sayaka
Google Images

Honda Miyu as Sakisaka Tsubasa
Google Images

Kobayashi Ryoko as Sakisaka Chiharu
Google Images

Shiraishi Shunya as Kasuya Seiichi
Google Images

Ichinose Ryu as Shimazu Satoru
Google Images

Nodakura Naho has been longing for an ordinary life as an office lady, but she couldn't seem to get a job offer. In order to make ends meet, for the time being, she decides to interview for a part-time job at a design company called Solo Design Office.
On her way there, Naho encounters a man and a woman having a lovers quarrel. In order to shake off the woman, the man grabs Naho, who just happens to be there, and says she's his new girlfriend. Naho gets angry and instinctively pushes him away.
When she later arrives at Solo Design Office for her interview, she realises that the man she had met earlier is in fact the company's president Sakisaka Takumi.
Despite all that happened, Naho somehow gets hired and starts working as a part-timer at the company...

I have no idea why I decided to give this drama a watch, because reading the synopsis for the show, doesn't sound too intriguing, and I didn't really know any of the cast. I'm going to say it was because it was a short series with only 9 episodes, I think it it had been a longer series, the show could have been so much better, for me it didn't seem to flow very well and seemed a little rushed. While I thought the cast were pretty good, I wasn't blown away by the characters.
It seemed a very typical male lead learns to love again through a kind and naive female lead, I think the relationship between the 2 leads could have flown much better had the series been a little longer.
It's revealed that the male lead was in love with his brothers wife and he seemed to hint that they had an affair, and after her death he couldn't get over that guilt of that he was in love with her, so he kept his distance from his family and became a but of a player. He seems to open his heart up again, but is unable to feel like he deserves to be in love again because of his guilt.
The female lead on the other hand, is always shown to be naive and easily tricked, even after our male lead has often treated her badly to stays by his side, but I wish instead of always pushing her feelings onto him, which made me him retreat even more and even lead he on at times, she just listened to him and been a friend he could rely on first as for me, their relationship seemed rushed and forced by the end.
I think I screamed when I saw Shiraishi Shunya as I wasn't expecting to see him in this drama, I've been a fan of his since Good Morning Call first came onto Netflix. 
Overall while I thought the cast did a good job, I don't think it would be a drama I would watch all over again, even with it being short and sweet, it's just not a drama for me. I would love to watch the cast in other drama's as I don't think they really got to show off their acting skills in this show.

Google Images

Have you watched Can't Run Away From Love?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment