Monday 11 July 2022

MONSTA X - One Of A Kind

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


One Of A Kind is MONSTA X's 9th mini album, which was announced in May 2021.
On the 18th of May 2021, the Concept Photo #1 were released.















On the 20th of May 2021, the Concept Photo #2 were released.



















O the 22nd of May 2021, the Concept Photo #3 were released.





















On the 24th of May 2021, the Concept Photo #4 were released.
















On the 25th of May 2021, the Group Concept Photo's were released.



On the 27th of May 2021, the Gambler M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Starship
On the 30th of May 2021, the Gambler M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Starship
On the 31st of May 2021, the One Of A Kind Album Preview was released.
Owned by Starship
On the 1st of June 2021, the M/V for Gambler was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 9th mini album One Of A Kind.
Owned by Starship

Starship announced that due to health issues, Shownu would not be participating in the comeback promotions.

Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on Heaven and title track Gambler, with Jooheon also co-composing on the tracks.
Jooheon and I.M also co-wrote on Addicted and Livin' It Up (Korean Ver.).
Hyungwon wrote the lyrics for Bebe.
Hyungwon, Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on Secrets, with Hyungwon also co-composing on the track.
I.M and Jooheon co-wrote on Rotate, with I.M also co-composing on the track.

One Of A Kind peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.10 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 370,879+
Oricon Sales = 4,641+
Gving the album so far a total sales of 375,520+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Gambler has so far gained 42,362,179 million views, with the views still continuing to increase.

One Of A Kind was released in 4 versions: Ver. 1, Ver. 2, Ver. 3 and Ver. 4.
All 4 versions are set out in a card slipcase and comes with the Cd. photo book, lyric book, sticker sheet and a random photo card.
Pre-orders also came with a random unit photo card, a random rolling paper message card, a random paper ornament and a random folded poster.
All 4 versions have different photo books and album covers with Ver. 1 being purple, Ver. 2 being blue, Ver. 3 being red and Ver. 4 being green.

Track List:
Gambler
Heaven
Addicted
Secrets
Bebe
Rotate
Livin' It Up (Korean Ver.)



























































If you haven't guessed from the albums cover, I have the Ver. 1 album and I love the photo book, they look so good all suited and booted, it also gives off old school gangster vibes, especially from early Vegas.
I love that each version looks like a die on the front which fits perfectly with the title track being Gambler.
The album itself is really good, it shows off a new side to MONSTA X, while still keeping their unique sound.

I love the melody for Gambler, for me this was a completely new sound for MONSTA X, and I loved it, it has such as sultry beat that you can't help but enjoy it. This song never fails to get me singing and dancing along and it takes me right back to being at the cinema watching The Dreaming. I love that each of the members stand out and shine, it's definitely up there as one of my favourite title tracks from them.
Gambler

I love the melody for Heaven, I love that it sounds like a classic but with a hint of modern, it gives off a modern jazz style sound. Which is a perfect fit for this albums concept, it really shows that MONSTA X aren't scared to try new sounds and they pull it off perfectly.
Heaven

I absolutely love the melody for Addicted, it reminds me and takes me back to their Take. 1 Are You There? and Follow - Find You albums. I love how the verses and chorus blend together, this is definitely one of my favourite B-side tracks from this album.
Addicted

There's something about Secrets that you know straight away it's going to be an amazing song, and you wouldn't be wrong. You just know that this song completely live would be amazing and have such an incredible atmosphere. If any song would be able to show of MONSTA X's sex appeal it's definitely this one, their vocals are perfect. I also love that it's all completely in English.
Secrets

If you're not familiar with MONSTA X then you won't know that their fandoms name is Monbebe and it's French for my baby, so I wasn't surprised to see a a fan song called Bebe on this album, Hyungwon did such an amazing job creating this song, it gives me Sunday listening vibes and makes me feel really proud of how far these guys have come since debut.
Bebe

Straight away for me Rotate is a new sound and style from MONSTA X, it really reminds of music you can hear on the radio here in the UK right now, which makes m think it would fit perfectly if it was released for air play here. It also makes me feel that from the lyrics that they wanted to add their music style from their English albums to their Korean ones. I don't think this track could have suited a better album.
Rotate

I can't believe how long it took to get Livin' It Up (Korean Ver.), I've loved this song since it was released back in 2018, and my love for it has grown even more hearing it in Korean. As bas as I feel saying this, I personally don't miss Wonho's vocals in this version, which shows they did this track justice as 6. I don't think I'll ever get bored of this song, the melody, the raps and vocals are just insane.
Livin' It Up (Korean Ver.)

This was MONSTA X's last album as 6 before Shownu enlisted, and I'm always on edge for when the rest of the members will be announcing their enlistments, but with that in mind they keep releasing amazing albums that show new sides to them. I can't see what else they have in store for us in the future.

Were you a fan of One Of A Kind?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Gambler as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment