Monday 26 November 2018

MONSTA X - Take. 1 Are You There?

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back with MONSTA X' latest comeback, and what a comeback it was. this time they returned with their 2nd full length album Take. 1 Are You There?

On the 4th of October 2018, a teaser was released titled Coming Soon - Are You There?, announcing that they were making a comeback.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 7th of October, the album scheduler was released.
On the 8th of October, the image teasers started being released starting with Inside Photo 1.


On the 9th of October, Inside Photo 2 teaser images were released.



 On the 10th of October, the Inside Photo 3 teaser images were released.




 On the 13th of October, the Pre Photo 1 teaser images were released.









On the 14th of October, the Pre photo 2 teaser images were released.










On the 15th of October, the Special Film - Are You There was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 17th of October, the Take. 1 <Are You There> track list was released.
On the 19th of October, the M/V teaser for their title track Shoot Out was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

On the 21st of October, the Take. 1 Are You There Album Preview was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 22nd of October, the M/V for Shoot Out was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd full length album Take. 1 Are You There.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 30th of October, the Shoot Out Stage Costume Fix Version Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 4th of November, the Eye Contact Version of their Shoot Out Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

 On the 12th of November, the Shoot Out Performance M/V was released, an English Version of Shoot Out was also released, specially for their performance at the iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball US concert, making them the first and only K-pop act to be performing at 5 of the concerts.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

MONSTA X won 4 music show trophies, with 1 win on The Show, 1 win on Show Champion, 1 win on M Countdown and 1 win on Music Bank, giving them their first wins on major music programme's M Countdown and Music Bank.

Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on Underwater, Oh My!, Myself and title track Shoot Out.
Wonho, Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on Heart Attack and the Korean version of their previous Japanese release Spotlight.
Wonho, Kihyun, Minhyuk, Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on track 널하다 (I Do Love You), with Wonho also co-composing on the track.
I.M and Jooheon co-wrote on 어디서 뭐해 (Mohae), with I.M co-composing on the track.
Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on By My Side, with Jooheon also co-composing on the track.

Take. 1 Are You There, peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.7 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Five-Music Albums Chart, No.6 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
161,521+
Oricon Sales:
10,592+
Giving the album a total of 172,113+ album sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
Through Starship's official YouTube channel the M/V for Shoot Out has gained 23,101,978 million views, while through 1theK's YouTube channel the M/V has gained 222,803 thousand views, giving the M/V a total of 23,324,781 million views, and the views continue to increase on a daily basis.

The album is set out in a white paperback book style album case and is released in 4 versions- I, II, III, IV.
The album comes with the Cd, photo book, a random group photo card and a random member photo card, first press release versions of the album also come with a random unit photo card, a random special card and a random Polaroid photo card.
The photo book's for all 4 versions are all different and when all 4 versions album covers are connected it reveals the album name.

Track List:
Intro: Are You There?
Underwater
Shoot Out
Heart Attack
널하다 (I Do Love You)
어디서 뭐해 (Mohae)
Oh My!
Myself
By My Side
Spotlight (Korean Version)

Version I
















































Version II



































































I have version I and II and I pre-ordered them so I got the first press release albums so I also got the bonus unit card, special card and the polaroid photo, which had a code on the back to get a video from that member on the V app. I've finally received MONSTA X albums that don't contain a solo or unit card with Wonho, but what did make me smile about my photocards is that they all contain the same members and more importantly, I now have cards that have Kihyun. I love the photo books for both of the versions I have, but out of the 2, I love version II's a little more as I love the styling with their all black look. When the teasers were first released I was in love with Kihyun's eye makeup and took inspiration from it to recreate it. Now onto the album itself, I've been so excited for MONSTA X to return and when they released their album spoiler, I got even more excited, just from the little snippets I could feel that this was MONSTA X' turning point and breakthrough album that would not only get them noticed, but get them more fans. I can't help feeling that I was right, I believe Shoot Out's M/V views are the fastest they're view count has risen, and I'm proud that I could witness their wins on M Countdown and Music Bank, I won't lie I got nervous with Music Bank as they were up against IU and she tends to win through digital sales alone but seeing their shocked faces as they saw they'd won was worth my sore throat from screaming. I love the album from start to finish and I know it will be making a high appearance on my Top 10 K-pop Albums of 2018 post. What I love about MONSTA X, is even though they change up their music style, they still have that MONSTA X sound in them, in my last MONSTA X post, I said that The Connect Dejavu, was my favourite release from them, but Take. 1 Are You There has raised some serious bars for me with them and I feel that this will be a hard album to beat but, I believe they're next mini album, which they've said is due in 2019 will do just that. I can honestly say too that Shoot Out is my favourite title track, from the snippets we got from the M/V teaser and the album spoiler, left me blown away when the track was finally released, the intro to the song was really unexpected but impressive. I'm not normally this quick to post about a new release and tend to wait to see if their is a repackaged album, but, I'm in love with this album so much that it got bumped up my to post list and I will be sharing all the tracks, for you to check out, instead of waiting and sharing half.

Intro: Are You There?
Kato One

Underwater

Shoot Out

Heart Attack
Outerspace Subteam

널하다 (I Do Love You)

어디서 뭐해 (Mohae)

Oh My!

Myself

By My Side

Spotlight (Korean Version)

As well as saying that they have a mini album coming out next year, they've also said that they have another world tour and I'm keeping everything crossed that they come to London again, and this time I'm going to start saving now to get VIP, to go backstage and meet them. I will be getting my hands on the other 2 versions of this album and I can't wait to see what's next for MONSTA X, it's time to see them rise even higher.

Do you have Take. 1 Are You There?
Which version do you have?
Do you have a favourite track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment