Wednesday 21 November 2018

Millionaire's Shortbread

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Let me start off by saying that my millionaire's shortbread didn't go to plan, but that was all down to my doing and not the recipe I followed, so if you do want to follow the original recipe then I will add the link at the end of this post.
Lets get baking!

Ingredients:
250 g shortbread biscuits, crushed
55 g melted butter
150 g dark brown soft sugar
150 g butter
397 g can carnation condensed milk
200 g milk chocolate
55 g white chocolate

Start off by crushing the shortbread biscuits, and then put the crushed biscuits into a bowl with the melted butter, mix together and then press the mixture into the base of a 20 cm brownie tin and chill for 10 minutes.

Heat the sugar and the remaining butter gently in a non stick pan, stirring until melted.


Add the carnation condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil, stirring continuously. Cook for a minute or so or until the filling has thickened.

Next pour the caramel over the biscuit base, cool and then chill until set.

Once cool and set, melt the milk and white chocolate in separate bowls.

Pour the milk chocolate over the caramel and then add spoonfuls of the white chocolate and swirl with a cocktail stick to achieve the marbled effect. Chill until set and then cut into squares ready to serve.

I'm certain I went wrong somewhere in the recipe with mine, I'm thinking it was with the caramel, it did taste nice but just wouldn't cut properly and just cracked everywhere. I will definitely attempt this recipe again and I think this time I would make my own shortbread for the base.
If you would like to follow the original recipe, then head over to Nestle Carnation's Millionaire's Shortbread Recipe page.

See you soon!




안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment