Monday 9 December 2019

MONSTA X - Follow - Find You

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Follow - Find You is MONSTA X's 7th mini album, on the 1st of October 2019, the groups schedule poster was released, with the track list being released on the 7th of October, on the 10th of October, the M/V teaser was released for Find You. On the 14th of October, the first set of teaser images were due to be released but due to a tragic event, to show respect, the group delayed their scheduled releases. On the 18th of October, the Follow - Photo 1 was released.







On the 19th of October, the Follow - Photo 2 was released.










On the 20th of October, the Follow - Photo 3 was released.








On the 21st of October, the Follow - Photo 4 was released.










On the 22nd of October, the M/V for Find You was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 25th of October, the M/V teaser was released for title track Follow.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 27th of October, the Follow - Find You Album Preview was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 28th of October 2019, the M/V for Follow was released, along with the physical and digital release for their 7th mini album Follow - Find You.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 30th of October, MONSTA X's relay dance was releases,
Owned by M2
On the 17th of November 2019, the dance practice for Follow was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

On the 31st of October, Starship Entertainment announced that due to recent allegations, Wonho would be departing from the group, on the same day, Wonho also released a handwritten letter to Monbebe, asking for them to continue supporting the remaining members, and explaining his decision to leave was to protect not only the groups hard work but also his members.


 The 31st was also their final performance as 7 members, with their comeback performance being pre-recorded prior to the announcement.
The group decided to promote for 2 weeks, with Follow getting them 2 music show wins, 1 on The Show and 1 on M Countdown.

Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on tracks Monsta Truck, Disaster, Burn It Up and title track Follow.
I.M and Jooheon co-wrote on UR, with I.M also co-composing.
Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on See You Again, with Jooheon also co-composing.
Wonho, Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on track Mirror, with Wonho also co-composing on the track.

Follow - Find You peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.9 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.15 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
The album also peaked at No.2 on Gaon's Monthly Albums Chart for the month of November.
Gaon Sales:
193,121+
Oricon Sales:
9,785+
US Sales:
1,000+
Giving the album a total of 203,906+ physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Follow has gained 14,874,916 million views through Starship's official YouTube channel, while through the channel 1theK, the M/V has gained 1,172,611 million views, giving the M/V a total view count so far of 16,047,527 million. The views continue to increase on a daily basis.

Follow - Find You is released in 4 versions I, II, III & IV, all 4 versions are set out in a clear slipcase and are different shades of blue. They all come with the Cd, photo book, random lyric booklet, a group mini poster, random member standee and a random member photo card. the first press releases also came with a random ID card and a random transparent bookmark.
All the photo books are different and follow the teaser images released.

Track List:
Find You
Follow
Monsta Truck
UR
Disaster
Burn It Up
Mirror
See You Again











































I have version III of the album, I want to eventually have all the versions but I knew I needed to get my hands on this version first because out of all the teaser images released they were my favourite. I love the layout for the album, it's not something they've ever done before. I always joke that when it comes to photo cards that I'm Wonho cursed, so I was happy but also devastated from the news of his departure, I was devastated thinking about how future albums he won't appear but I was also happy because as soon as I saw the birth date on the back of the ID card, I knew Wonho was being his loyal self to the very end for me. watching them promote this album was difficult to watch as you could see how distraught the rest of the members were, their first performance without him they had clear signs of excessive crying as they all had red and swollen eyes, which broke my heart knowing they were just as distraught and heartbroken as us MONBEBE were and still are. Watching get their wins was also heartbreaking as they were bittersweet, you could see they were happy that MONBEBE were still behind them but you could tell they didn't want to celebrate the wins without Wonho by their side. I was in love with the songs on the album before Wonho's announcement, but after some of the songs hit a little harder, the lyrics take a different route and pull on the heartstrings differently. It's sad that Wonho's final Korean appearance is their best album to date.

I actually find it difficult to hear Find You, while I love this song and it's one of my favourite's, the lyrics now take on a whole new meaning. The opening to this song is just breathtaking, the music throughout is breathtaking and I love that each member sings, we often hear I.M and Jooheon rap, so it's easy to forget they have stable and strong voices when they sing. Everything about this song is just pure perfection.

Find You

I can honestly say that Follow, is my favourite title track from MONSTA X, even though it's not as hard and heavy as there previous title tracks, it's still hard and heavy enough to get you hyped up. I love how the beat drops at the start of the track, showing that it's going to be an amazing musically journey. I also love how much Hyungwon and Minhyuk get to shine in this song, normally the main voices we here is Kihyun, Shownu and Wonho, but I love that this track seems to mainly focus on Hyungwon and Minhyuk, while Wonho is more centred.
Follow

Zaty Farhani
When I first heard Monsta Truck I really didn't know what to think of it, it was the first time I'd not been in love with one of their tracks from the very first listen, but the more I listened the more I fell in love. I love Shownu's vocals on this song, his parts are my favourite in the song, his high notes are really soulful.
Monsta Truck

I feel like I need to crouch on the floor and bow to I.M for this song because it's perfect, the melody is melodic, the lyrics are amazing and the vocals are perfection, and more importantly, Hyungwon starts the song. His voice with that opening melody just makes you melt, I've never been quiet about how much I love Kihyun's voice but with this song, it made me realise how much I love Wonho's voice, with this song and another (coming up later) you can really tell how much his voice has improved over the years. This song really shows why Wonho is my bias wrecker, I also love how soft Jooheon and I.M's raps are.
UR

When I first heard Disaster and heard that Jooheon's first part was all in English, it took me back to seeing them live when he was asking how he could MONBEBE's to rap along with him and I.M told him to write it in English. This song really reminds me of something and I just can't put my finger on it, it's like it takes me back to the 90's/early 00's.
Disaster

Out of all the songs on this album Burn It Up, gives me old MONSTA X vibes, whenever I listen to it, it takes me back to their The Clan series. I love the chorus, they literally burn it up.
Burn It Up

I have to say that Mirror is one of my favourite songs, but the lyrics broke my heart knowing that Wonho wrote this. I'd love to think that when Wonho wrote this, he was thinking about how he would miss MONBEBE if they were no longer by his side, how scary is it that those thoughts when I first heard this song and saw the lyrics would come true just a few days later. The only difference it that MONBEBE are still by his side, fighting for his return and to clear his name. Being a MONBEBE for the past 3 years and getting to know Wonho, I just know that he's grateful for the love and support he's still receiving, but he'll be feeling that he doesn't deserve it. Everything about this song is just pure perfection from the melody to the vocals, it really is a masterpiece.
Mirror

The final track and another of my favourites is See You Again, Jooheon did an amazing job creating this song. I love their vocals on this track, especially Wonho's, his high note towards the note really blew me away, it's one of my favourite parts of the song. This song is also another song that hits differently now since Wonho's departure, all the lyrics make me think of him and wonder if he's okay.
See You Again
Zaty Farhani

This is definitely their best album to date, I'm excited that we're getting a new album in February, I don't know how I feel about it being in English, while I love that it's in English I just hope it doesn't take anything away from them being the MONSTA X I know and love. I'm also happy that it's not been re-recorded to remove Wonho's vocals, but I'm also really sad that this will be the final time we hear them as 7.
I wish we had updates about how Wonho is doing, I'm scared for his mental health as well as scared of finally seeing a picture of him and him being a shadow of who he used to be. I'd love if in the future it's announced that he has returned to MONSTA X, but part of me knows that at this moment in time there is no going back. I just hope that whether it's with MONSTA X or as a soloist we will see Wonho bloom again in the future.

날카로운 말로 미안하단 말도
With sharp words, and an apology

하면서 넌 또 내 곁을 떠나가
you left from my side
Wonho I’m missing you

See you again.

Were you a fan of Follow - Find You?
Do you have a favourite version?
Do you have a favourite track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment