Wednesday 16 March 2022

Reading Challenge 2022!

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I'm a little late this year, setting myself a new reading challenge for 2022, but here we go.
Last year, I set myself a challenge of reading 5 books, and yet again, I'm sad to let you know that I failed, while I did read 4 of my challenged 5, I'm still annoyed and disappointed that I couldn't complete such an easy challenge. One of the books in this years challenge is a rollover for what I started reading last year but never completed, and instead of setting the mindset that I'll fail, I've set myself the challenge of upping my game yet again and challenged myself to 6 books.

This years books included in my challenge are: Chris Colfer's The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns, Giovanna Fletcher's Walking On Sunshine, Elizabeth Lim's Reflection, Masashi Kishimoto & Jun Esaka's Sasuke's Story: Star Pupil, Serhii Plokhy's Chernobyl and Mira Grant's Feed.


As you can see above, I completed 4 books last year.
Before I continue on with getting stuck into this years challenge, lets have a recap and see how I did with last years challenge.


My first book was Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers, I definitely look at the Disney film in a completely different light after reading the original novel. I really enjoyed reading the book and seeing what they changed and kept out of the film. I'm definitely interested in reading the rest of the book series to continue on Mary Poppins' travels.

When Jane and Michael Banks draw up an advertisement for a nanny, Mary Poppins arrives on a gust of the East wind and slides up the bannister, changing their lives forever. Mary Poppins is the most efficient and loveable character - strict but fair, full of surprises and, in spite of her airs and graces, a true fairy-tale creature with universal appeal.
Soon the Banks children are whisked off on the most exciting journey's they have ever had. But Mary Poppins has only promised to stay until the wind changes...

The original story of the world's most famous nanny is a timeless classic that has enchanted generations.


My second book was Shine by Jessica Jung. I personally think Jessica did an amazing job with her first novel, I could see why people assumed it was based on her time being a trainee and K-pop idol, but I personally think she was just going from her own experience if what she saw and did. The second instalment is released in a couple of months and I can't wait to see what happens for Rachel and those around her.

All's fair in love & K-pop...

What would you sacrifice for a chance to live your dream?

For 17-year-old Korean-American Rachel Kim, the answer is: everything.
The rules at DB Entertainment - Seoul's largest and most successful K-pop label - are simple. Train 24/7. Be perfect. Don't date. Easy, right? But then Rachel gets the chance to duet with DB golden boy Jason Lee. And he's exactly the kind of distraction Rachel can't afford to have...

Get ready as Jessica Jung, K-pop legend and former lead singer of Korea's most famous girl group, Girls' Generation, takes us inside the twisted, technicolor world of K-pop - where the stakes are high, and the cost f success even higher.

This is what it takes to Shine!



My third book was Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith. I definitely went into this book thinking the worst because of all the backlash it received, but I finished this book pleasantly surprised, as with the previous books, I really enjoyed it and I really struggled to put it down, I was definitely left surprised when we discovered the culprit. The next book is released soon and I'm intrigued to see what happens next for Strike and Robin.

Private Detective Cormoran Strike is visiting his family in Cornwall when he is approached by a woman asking for help finding her mother, Morgot Bamborough, who went missing in mysterious circumstances in 1974.
Strike has never tackled a cold case before, let alone one forty years old. But despite the slim chance of success, he is intrigued and takes it on - adding to the long list of cases that he and his partner in the agency, Robin Ellacott, are currently working on. And Robin herself is also juggling a messy divorce and unwanted male attention, as well as battling her own feelings about Strike.
As Strike and Robin investigate Margot's disappearance, they come up against a fiendishly complex case with leads that include tarot cards, a psychopathic serial killer and a witness who cannot all be trusted. And they learn that even cases decades old can prove to be deadly...
A breathtaking, labyrinthine epic, Troubled Blood is the fifth Strike and Robin novel and the most gripping and satisfying yet.



My fourth and final book from last year was The Eve Illusion by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher.
It only took a day or 2 to finish reading this book, as I really struggled to put it down, I was hooked from the very first chapter. I'm so excited for the 3rd and final instalment, and I hope someone is reaching out to Tom and Gi to either make this book series a film series or a TV drama series, as I'd love to see it be brought to life.

Eve is the last girl on earth.
For the last sixteen years, Eve has been a prisoner. Guarded by the mothers. Trapped by her fate. Watched by the world.
Until she took her chance, and escaped.
Eve finally has the freedom she has wanted for so long, and with Bram she has the love. But both come at a price. In this dangerous new world beyond the Tower, the regime is only ever one step behind. And together with the desperate rebel group fighting against the, Eve has found herself in more danger than she ever could have imagined.
With everything stacked against them, can Eve and Bram survive?

So that was my 2021 book challenge results and now it's time to get stuck back into my 2022 challenge.
Wish me luck.

CHALLENGE START!!

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment