Monday 13 September 2021

Taemin - Advice

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Advice is Taemin's 3rd mini album, on the 3rd of May 2021, SM Entertainment announced that Taemin would be releasing a new album, and it would be his final release before his military enlistment.
On the 10th of May 2021, the 1st set of teaser images were released.


On the 11th of May 2021, the 2nd set of teaser images were released.


On the 12th of May 2021, the 3rd set of teaser images were released.


On the 13th of May 2021, the 4th set of teaser images were released.

On the 14th of May 2021, the 5th and final set of teaser images were released.


On the 16th of May 2021, the Advice M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 17th of May 2021, the Advice M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 18th of May 2021, the Advice M.V was released, along with the physical and digital release of his 3rd mini album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment

On the 2nd of May 2021, Taemin premiered his new song at his solo concert, "Never Gonna Dance Again". Then on the albums release day, Taemin held a live event, introducing the tracks from the album on the V Live app.

Advice peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.12 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.28 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart and No.14 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 134,904+
Oricon Sales = 4,816+
Giving the album so far a total of 139,720+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Advice has so far gained 28,105,648 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The Advice album is set out as a paperback book style case, just like the Don't Call Me & Atlantis SHINee albums.
The album comes with the Cd, photo book, lyrics paper, folded poster, postcard and a photo card.

Track List:
Advice
Light
If I Could Tell You (Feat. Taeyeon)
Strings
Sad Kids
















































I'm low-key happy that we only got 1 version, because lately SM have been going all out with the many different versions of their artists albums, it's like they know at at the moment, the main way their going to bring in the money is through their physical releases, as they can't go on world tours. That being said, I love the layout for this album, it makes me think of a high-end fashion magazine.
As expected from Taemin, this album shows another new side to him, proving yet again he's not afraid to come out of his comfort zone and experiment with his music.

As soon as the music starts for Advice, you know you're about to take an extraordinary musical journey. I love the different ranges he takes with his vocals, showing that even his vocals are versatile. Taemin has so many amazing title tracks, it's hard to pick a favourite, but this is definitely up there and I would easily say it's a musical masterpiece.
Advice

Mnet K-POP
I love the melody for Light, I think Taemin's vocals fit perfectly with this type song and tempo, Taemin has the power to make his voice sound strong as well as sensual and I think this track really shows that off.
Light

I was extremely excited when I saw Taeyeon would be featuring on Taemin's track If I Could Tell You, and I wasn't left disappointed, they way their vocals fit together is pure perfection. This song really is music to my ears, I could listen to both of these singing all day, so to have a song with them singing together is perfection.
If I Could Tell You Feat. Taeyeon

You just know from the melody and how Taemin sings Strings that this track would have some stunning and possibly sensual choreography, for me this is one of those songs that stops me in my tracks and makes me really focus on the song.
Strings

Taemin really knows how to pull you into his songs and it's the same with Sad Kids, you can really hear the raw emotion in his voice and it makes you feel his emotions, proving that with music there is no language barrier. This song is such a stunning song to end the album with.
Sad Kids

This album is amazing and always showcases just how talented Taemin is, he never fails to blow me away and always has me hanging on every word he sings.

I can't wait for Taemin to complete his military service and grace us with his vocals and musical masterpieces again.

Were you a fan of Advice?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on Advice as the title track?
Di you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment