Monday 2 August 2021

SHINee - Atlantis

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Atlantis is the repackaged album of SHINee's 7th full length album Don't Call Me.

On the 24th of March 2021, it was announced that SHINee would be releasing a repackaged album.
On the 4th of April 2021, the 1st set of group teaser images were released.


On the 5th of April 2021, Onew and Minho's teaser images were released.


On the 6th of April 2021, Key and Taemin's teaser images were released.



On the 8th of April 2021, the 2nd set of group teaser images were released.
On the 9th of April 2021, the 2nd set of individual teaser images were released.


On the 10th of April 2021, the M/V teaser for title track Atlantis was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 12th of April 2021, the M/V for Atlantis was released, along with the digital release of their repackaged album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Just 3 days later on the 15th of April 2021, the Atlantis album was released physically.

Minho co-wrote on the lyrics for Area.

Atlantis peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 146,127+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Atlantis has so far gained 1,322,971 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Atlantis was released in 2 versions: Adventure and Ocean.
Both versions are set out in a paperback book album case and comes with the Cd, photo book, voyage certificate, random voyage card, random sticker, random postcard and a random photo card.
Photo books for both versions are different.

Track List:
Atlantis
CODE
Don't Call Me
Area
Heart Attack
Marry You
Days and Years
I Really Want You
Kiss Kiss
Attention
Body Rhythm
빈칸 (Kind)



























A few weeks ago, I shared with you SHINee's Don't Call Me album and now it's time to share with you the repackaged album Atlantis and not only share with you the 3 new tracks on this album, but also the tracks I didn't share with you and talk about in the last post.
First things first, I have the Ocean version, while I love the layout of this album as it's easy to look through the photo book, I don't think it's the most stable as I'm scared of the pages falling out, I love the photo books concept and the pictures themselves are really pretty, especially with the colours used.
Like I said in my previous post, the album itself is amazing, and the new tracks add to that.

While I prefer Don't Call Me of the 2 titles tracks, I couldn't help but fall in love with Atlantis because it just screams SHINee. I love the melody and I especially love the chorus. It may sound odd but I think it gives off a refreshing vibe and feeling.
Atlantis

I love the melody for Area, it has such a pretty vibe to it, I also love how they sing the track, their vocals are stunning and just pull you in and make you listen.
Area

The main thing I love about Days and Years, how simple the melody is in the verses, allowing the members to really vocalise a stunning melody, and I love that the melody changes up for the chorus. I love how this track fits with the Atlantis concept.
Days and Years

For me Attention gives me old school SHINee vibes, while also giving off a new sound too, it think it really shows SHINee's growth from over the years.
Attention

We're now onto my favourite track from both releases of the album, I cannot get enough of Body Rhythm, I've had it on repeat so much since the albums release. I think I can even admit that it's my favourite b-side track from this year. I can only hope that they perform this live one day, and I think I'll be watching the choreography through my fingers. If you're an Ariana Grande, and especially enjoy her track Side To Side, then I really recommend this track as it has the same vibes.
Body Rhythm

The main thing I need to say about 빈칸 (Kind) is how stunningly beautiful it is with both the melody and the vocals. I could listen to this track all day, the effects on their voices also add something to the track too. Even without seeing the translation for the lyrics I can feel their emotion, so much so when I first listened to this track it stopped me in my tracks.
빈칸 (Kind)

I look forward to Taemin's return for us to see SHINee as a whole again and get more albums from them, but I also look forward to what Key, Onew and Minho will do in the meantime, I especially cannot wait for more solo releases from Onew.

Were you a fan of Atlantis?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Atlantis as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment