Monday 12 July 2021

SHINee - Don't Call Me

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Don't Call Me is SHINee's 7th full length album and their first album release in 2 and a half year, following members Onew, Key and Minho's military enlistment completion.
On the 6th of January 2021, SM Entertainment announced that SHINee would be returning with a brand new album.
On the 9th of February 2021, the first teaser images were released, along with the the release of the Mood Sampler - Fake Reality.


Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 10th of February 2021, the 2nd set of teaser images were released.






On the 11th of February 2021, the 3rd set of teaser images were released.







On the 12th of February 2021, the 4th set of teaser images were released.








On the 13th of February 2021, the 5th set of teaser images were released.



On the 14th of February 2021, the 6th set of teaser images were released.





On the 15th of February 2021, the 7th set of teaser images were released.
On the16th of February 2021, the character teaser images for Onew were released.
On the 17th of February 2021, the character teaser images for Taemin were released.

On the 18th of February 2021, the character teaser images were released for Key.

On the 19th of February 2021, the character teaser images for Minho were released.

On the 20th of February 2021, the M/V teaser for title track Don't Call Me was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 22nd of February 2021, the M/V for Don't Call Me was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 7th full length album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 23rd of February 2021, the Don't Call Me The Performance Stage was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Don't Call Me debuted at No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart, becoming their 1st entry on the chart in 3 years, as well as their 12th top ten entry.
Don't Call Me won SHINee a total of 6 music show trophies, winning twice on Show Champion, twice on M Countdown, once on Show! Music Core and once on Inkigayo.

Don't Call Me peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.7 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.24 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.14 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 446,412+
Oricon Sales = 43,917+
Chinese Sales = 28,377+
Giving the album a total of 518,706+ so far in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Don't Call Me has so far gained 51,253,028 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Don't Call Me was released in 6 version: 2 photo book versions and 4 jewel case versions.
The photo book versions are Fake Reality and Reality, and come with the Cd, photo book, envelope with lyrics paper, folded poster, random postcard, random phone card (Fake Reality), random slide film (Reality) and a random photo card.
The jewel case versions come with the Cd, photo book, lyrics paper, AR photo card, AR clip card and poster.
The photo books are different and the covers for the Jewel case version are the members.

Track List:
Don't Call Me
Heart Attack
Marry You
CODE
I Really Want You
Kiss Kiss
Body Rhythm
Attention
빈칸 (Kind)

Fake Reality Ver.




















































Reality Ver.





















































I will be the first to admit that after Jonghyun, I struggled to buy physical copies for their 10th anniversary album series, I will also admit that while I like the tracks on those albums, I don't really listen to them digitally either, I actually struggled to listen to them because Jonghyun's voice was missing and I could feel his absence. But I won't deny the announcement of SHINee's return had me extremely excited, while I was still nervous of how I would react to their music, I was just happy to see them together again.
I obviously had to get my mitts on both the photo book versions and I love the layout and the styling concepts for them both, especially the Fake Reality, I just love the colours used.
The album itself is amazing, even though Jonghyun's vocals are missing, I no longer feel his absence in the songs, maybe it's because I know that while the members still miss him deeply, they're more like themselves before, they're really continuing to remind us that there may only be the 4 of them on stage but SHINee is very much the 5 of them.

From the very first listen I was in love with Don't Call Me, while it was something knew for SHINee to release it still had that SHINee vibe, I love everything about it, from the melody, to the raps, to the vocals, it's definitely one of my favourite title tracks from SHINee.
Don't Call Me

I absolutely adore Heart Attack, it gives me SHINee vibes and I think it's way too short, the track is practically over as soon as it starts, it feels. It's one of those songs that you can't help singing along with because it's so catchy.
Heart Attack

I fell in love with Marry You as soon as I heard it, I watched their V Live where they performed it for the first time as a spoiler for their album and I was hooked from the first note of the melody, and their vocals just made me melt.
Marry You

CODE is another track that has SHINee vibes, if I had just the chorus without seeing who was singing, I would automatically think it was SHINee. I absolutely love the melody for this song and it's really catchy.
CODE

We're onto another of my favourite tracks with I Really Want You, this is one of those tracks that sucks you in and you can't but sing along, I love the melody, their vocals, and I especially love the chorus, I also really love the "I really want you ooh babe 니가 내게 다가올 때 I really want you ooh babe 내게 눈을 맞춰올 때 I really want you ooh babe 눈이 살짝 휘어질 때 I really want you ooh babe 살짝 손이 닿아올 때" because they each sing this section. You just know when this song is performed live at a concert it will be a party song.
I Really Want You

The final track I'm going to share with you in this post is Kiss Kiss, I absolutely love Onew's voice at the start of this track, but overall, this track from start to finish, is amazing, I love their vocals in the chorus, there is a softness to is as well as sounding sultry, as if they're luring in the listener.
Kiss Kiss

Like I have done in past posts of album that have a repackaged, I am splitting the songs between the two posts, so this is not the end of the amazing tracks from Don't Call Me, especially when we've not even spoken about my main favourite track from this album.
I have this album on repeat so much, for me this album on a whole is not long enough, I think its going to be one of those albums that stand the test of time and an album that you can never get enough of no matter how many times you listen to it, I can see it doing extremely well in my Top 10 K-pop Albums of 2021.

I love that they seem to keep their choreography 5-member based, in some of them you can easily see there is a space clear for Jonghyun and I love that they're now more open to sharing how much they miss him, and how he still affects what they do as a group.
Sadly Taemin has not begin his military enlistment so we probably won't see any new music from SHINee until he returns, but to hide their absence as a group, I think we'll get solo albums from both Onew and Key as well as new acting roles from Minho, but I definitely can't wait for Taemin to return and see them together again.

Were you a fan of Don't Call Me?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Don't Call Me as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment