Friday 4 June 2021

Taiwanese Drama - HIStory 1: My Hero

 Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

HIStory 1: My Hero is a Taiwanese BL drama and is the first instalment of both the HIStory series, and HIStory 1. 
HIStory 1: My Hero is written by Yang Yi Hua and directed by Tang Yi.
The series aired from the 14th until the 17th of February 2017, containing 4 episodes.

Cast:
Aaron Lai as Mai Ying Hsiung aka Hero
Google Images

Chiang Yun Lin as Ku Ssu Jen
Google Images

Patricia Lin as Lan Hsi
Google Images

Lin He Xuan as Pai Chang Chang
Google Images

Cason Mian as Ya Chin
Google Images

During a mission to collect the soul of college student Ku Ssu Jen, whose time on earth is dwindling, Grim Reaper Pai Chang Chang accidently captures Lan Hsi's soul instead, killing her.
To avoid punishment by the God's, Pai Chang Chang tries to find a way to help Lan Hsi return to earth, but her body is cremated, rendering her unable to return to her original body.
In a rage, Lan Hsi's soul takes over Ku Ssu Jen's body. She uses this opportunity to try and get back her boyfriend Mai Ying Hsuing aka Hero, but she only has seven days for her boyfriend to fall in love with her new body, otherwise her soul, and Ku Ssu Jen, will die.

I absolutely adored HIStory 3: Trapped and I said in my post that I was nervous to start the other series' because I loved watching the cast and I was scared I wouldn't click with the others as well. I was slightly sceptical at first because I thought the plot was really odd, but the more I watched, the more I could see how the story was developing, how the characters relationships were changing.
The more I watched the more, I fell in love with the cast, it really came across on screen that they were comfortable and enjoyed working together.
I thought Aaron Lai did a great job as Mai Ying Hsiung aka Hero, through the series we get to see that there's more to him than what we first see, especially when it comes to his relationships with both Lan Hsi and Ku Ssu Jen.
I loved Chiang Yun Lin as Ku Ssu Jen, he really added the comedy to this short series, watching him pretend he was male for the first time in his life was hilarious, especially the needing to pee and the morning wood.
As the only female, I think Patricia Lin did great as Lan Hsi, I think out of all the characters, she's the one that has the most growth, as she gets to know Hero again as Ku Ssu Jen, she realises that their friendship and relationship runs deeper than she first thought, and realises it's best for her to fail in her mission.
While Lin He Xuan only pops up now and again as Pai Chang Chang, like Ku Ssu Jen he adds some comedy to the series and as the series concludes, I couldn't help but wonder if he knew all along that it would be the outcome that we see.

Google Images

It's a really short and sweet series, and I'm glad I finally decided to sit and watch it, while it's not my favourite, it really stands on it's own with a fun and unique plot with an amazing cast.

Have you watched HIStory 1: My Hero?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment