Thursday 25 June 2020

Taiwanese Drama - HIStory 3: Trapped

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


HIStory 3: Trapped is a Taiwanese BL romantic comedy drama series written by Lin Pei Yu. The series aired from the 16th of April 2019, airing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and concluded on the 12th of June 2019, the series contains 20 episodes last 25 minutes each.

Main Cast:
Jake Hsu as Meng Shao Fei
 Google Images

Chris Wu as Yang Yi
 Google Images

Andy Bian as Jack
Google Images

Kenny Chen as Zhao Li An
 Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Diane Lin as Zuo Hong Ye
 Google Images

Stanley Mei as Li Zhi De
Google Images

Spinx Ding as Gu Dao Yi
 Google Images

Amy Yen as Huang Yi Qi
 Google Images

Kass Tsai as Azhi
Google Images

Ethan Liu as Jun Wei
Google Images

Zhang Guang Chen as Andy
Google Images

Chen Chia Kuei as Chen Wen Hao
 Google Images

HIStory 3: Trapped Trailer

A mysterious shooting leaves a police officer and the head of the Tianmeng crime syndicate dead. Four years later, police investigator Meng Shao Fei is determined to hunt down Tang Yi, the sole survivor of that fateful shooting - and now the head of the Tianmeng gang. Tang Yi is also hunting for answers but wants his own form of justice. He seems to want to exact his own choice of punishment on the killer...although he appears to be hiding a dark secret. Is Tang Yi trying to protect someone?
Meng Shao Fei and Tang Yi become entangled in a deadly game of wits - a game that becomes all the more complicated after Tang Yi baits a love trap for Meng Shao Fei.

I saw a little snippet of this pop up on Viki's Facebook page on my newsfeed, and as soon as I saw it was a BL drama, I was straight onto Viki placing it into my following. This was my first time finding out that Asian BL drama's existed, as I know in many Asian places any gay romances are still seen as a bad thing and are against it. I've never made it a secret that I'm a big fan of Yaoi manga and anime, so I'm glad I've finally been able to cross off Boys Love drama on my list.
I was hooked on this drama from start to finish, I lost count of how many times I caught myself fangirling, I couldn't help falling for all 4 of the male leads.
I loved Jake Hsu as Meng Shao Fei, I found his obsessive nature towards Tang Yi quite funny, it's like he already knew he had feelings for his nemesis Tang Yi but insisted on those feelings being the need and desire to get answers for his superior's death.
I think Chris Wu was perfect for the role of Tang Yi, whenever you think of gangs in drama's and films, they always seem to have a look of mystery about them as well as giving off the sense that they know they're the big bad. This is what I loved about Chris Wu in the role, there is something in his eyes that for me, made me fear crossing him. The way he also knew that Meng Shao Fei felt something for him and often teased him to make him jealous was also funny.
If I'm being honest personally for me Andy Bian stole the show as Jack, he's the smiling assassin. Even though Jack was Tang Yi's main mine when it came to the dirty jobs of taking down their opposition, I couldn't help but fall in love and adore his character. While many others find it odd and scary when they start having feelings and sexual attractions to another man, Jack accepted it with opened arms because he was intrigued. I loved that Jack learnt that there was more to life than just following orders, and putting his life in danger for others.
Kenny Chen as Zhao Li An was just adorable, he was your typical scared at heart when, he learnt that he was in Jack's sight. I also adored his friendship with Meng Shao Fei, it felt to me that he didn't just seem him as a friend but also as a brother and would do anything to help him, even when he ended up in Jack's clutches.
I absolutely loved watching this drama, while at times I felt the outcome was a little obvious for some of the characters, I never once guessed Tang Yi's story correctly. I would love there to be a 2nd part to this story to see how things were after the final scenes in the last episode, and see how our main couples have potentially changed their lives.

I would definitely say that if you're a fan of boys love series', whether it be manga, anime or drama's, then give this show a watch. 

There's different stories within this drama series, but because I loved the cast from this one, I've struggled wanting to start the others as I'm scared that I'll either be left disappointed or dislike the casting. I know I will eventually give them a watch, so watch this space.

Have you watched HIStory 3: Trapped?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjyot the script and plotline?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment