Monday 7 June 2021

ENHYPEN - Border: Carnival

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Border: Carnival is ENHYPEN'S 2nd mini album and 1st comeback as a group.
On the 5th of April 2021, the Border: Carnival 'Intro: The Invitation' video was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 6th of April 2021, Concept Moodboard #1 was released.
On the 7th of April 2021, the Hype Concept Films & Photo #1 were released.












On the 9th of April 2021, the Concept Moodboard #2 was released.
On the 10th of April 2021, the Down Concept Films & photo #2 were released.











On the 12th of April 2021, the Concept Moodboard #3 was released.
On the 13th of April 2021, the Up Concept Films & photo #3 were released.














On the 16th of April 2021, the Track List was released, revealing the title track to be called Drunk-Dazed. The 3 days later on the 19th, the Border: Carnival Preview was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 22nd of April 2021, the Drunk-Dazed M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 24th of April 2021, the Drunk-Dazed M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 26 of April 2021, the Drunk-Dazed M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd mini album Border: Carnival.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 1st of May 2021, the Drunk-Dazed Dance Practice was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 2nd of May 2021, the Drunk-Dazed M/V (Choreography Ver.) was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 19th of May 2021, the FEVER M/V was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
On the 22nd of May 2021, the FEVER Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab
ENHYPEN
On the 30th of May 2021, the Border: Carnival 'Outro: The Wormhole' was released.
Owned by Be.lift Lab

On the 8th of April 2021, it was announced that the Border: Carnival pre-orders had surpassed 370,00 copies in 3 days. Prior to the albums release day, the album pre-orders had surpassed 450,000 copies.
Border: Carnival debuted at No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, becoming the bands first chart-topper in Japan, with over 83,000 copies sold.
On the 25th of May 2021, Border: Carnival debuted at No.18 on the Billboard 200 Chart.

Drunk-Dazed won ENHYPEN a total 3 music show trophies, winning once on The Show, once on Show Champion and once on Music Bank.

Border: Carnival peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.18 on the Billboard 200 Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 522,136+
Oricon Sales = 109,275+
Giving the album so far a total of 631,411 in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Drunk-Dazed has so far gained 29,469,739 million views, while the M/V for FEVER has so far gained 14,662,581 million views, with the views for both M/V's increasing on a daily basis.

Border: Carnival is released in 3 versions: Hype, Up & Down.
The album is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, lyric booklet, carnival ticket, signature sticker, folded poster, random lenticular card and 2 random photo cards.
The Hype Ver. is black, the Up Ver. is white and the Down Ver. is blue.
The photo books for all 3 versions are completely different.

Track List:
Intro: The Invitation
Drunk-Dazed
FEVER
Not For Sale
별안간 (Mixed Up)
Outro: The Wormhole

Hype Ver.


























































Up Ver.

















































Down Ver.





















































I love the layout for this album, I think it's so much better than the layout for their debut mini album, for me you can see in just a short amount of time, how they seem more comfortable.
I love the photo books, my favourites definitely have to be the Hype and Down Versions, I just the colours and styling.
The album itself is amazing and a big step up from their debut, they've been given a more mature sound, each track is different from the last and each track could stand on it's own as a title track. It's definitely their best album so far.

I love how Intro: The Invitation starts with the eerie kids singing again connecting it to the outro in Border: Day One, as well as connecting the albums. We also see the return of Jake setting the scene of their album, but this time with the help of Heeseung. I love the actually melody for this track, it really makes me think of fairs, carnivals and circus'.
Intro: The Invitation

I love Drunk-Dazed as the title track, I was in love with it from the very first listen, I also love that we get to hear Ni-Ki more this time round, which can only mean he's getting more comfortable and confident with his Korean. While I love Given-Taken and don't get bored of listening to it, Drunk-Dazed for me, knocked it out of the park.
Drunk-Dazed

From the very first listen of this album, FEVER was my favourite and I don't think I'll get bored of listening to it. This track suits all of the members vocal ranges perfectly, I absolutely love Jungwon and Ni-Ki's voices in the chorus. This song allows us to hear how they have grown and changed from their I-Land days, which was only a year ago. While I love that they get to show their mature side, I think it does make you forget that they're all still teenagers, especially our maknae Ni-Ki.
FEVER

I don't think an Enhypen album would be complete with a cute sounding track, and Not For Sale is that track, while not as cute sounding as Let Me In (20 Cube) and 10 Months, I think it still fits into that category, while still allowing them to show their new mature sound. I love the upbeat and bright sound from the melody and vocals, changing it up from the previous tracks on the album.
Not For Sale

Keeping to the mature sound for this album we also have 별안간 (Mixed Up), this is another track I loved from the first listen, I love the melody and the transitions within the track. It's another track that fits their vocal ranges perfectly.
별안간 (Mixed Up)

Every time I listen to Outro: The Wormhole, it makes me so excited for them return and see how their journey and concept will continue, I hope they keep their vampire concept, but show us something new with their music. I love the build up of the music towards the end of the track, it's like it's about to leave us on a cliff hanger.
Outro: The Wormhole

Their first comeback really blew me away, while their promotion for this album seemed short, I still loved every minute of it, I'm enjoying watching these 7 young men, grow comfortable and confident in their new roles as idols and I hope they can eventually start doing concerts in other countries, so they can see how they're adored worldwide, and I hope I get to be one of the attendees.
I really can't wait to see what they bring us with their next comeback, and I hope their popularity continues to grow, along with the achievements.

Were you a fan of Border: Carnival?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which Version(s) do you have?
What were your thoughts on Drunk-Dazed as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment