Monday 11 January 2021

ENHYPEN - Border: Day One

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


ENHYPEN are a 7-member South Korean boyband formed by Be:lift Lab, a joint venture between CJ ENM and Big Hit Entertainment. They were formed through the survival competition-reality show; I-Land, 6 members were chosen via global votes, while the 7th member was chosen by the producers on the panel.
The members of ENHYPEN are:
Heeseung


Jay


Jake


Sunghoon


Sunoo


Jungwon


Ni-ki


Border: Day One is ENHYPEN's debut mini album.
On the 19th of September 2020, the ENHYPEN Official Logo Trailer was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 21st of October 2020, the Debut Trailer 1: Choose-Chosen was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 24th of October 2020, the Debut Trailer 2: Dusk-Dawn was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 25th of October 2020, the Dawn Image Teaser was released.
On the 26th of October 2020, the Dusk Teaser Image was released.
On the 30th of October 2020, the Individual Dusk teaser images were released.












On the 31st of October 2020, Dusk Unit & Group teaser images were released.



On the 8th of November 2020, the Dawn Individual teaser images were released.













On the 9th of November 2020, the Dawn Unit & Group teaser images were released.




On the 15th of November 2020, the Border: Day One 'Intro: Walk the Line' Video was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 22nd of November 2020, the Border: Day One Preview video was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 24th of November 2020, the 'Given-Taken' Official Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 26th of November 2020, the 'Given-Taken' Official Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 30th of November 2020, the M/V for 'Given-Taken' was released, along with the physical and digital release of their debut mini album Border: Day One.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 5th of December 2020, the 'Given-Taken' Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
ENHYPEN
On the 7th of December 2020, the 'Given-Taken' Choreography M/V was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 15th of December 2020, the 'Let Me In (20 Cube)' teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 17th of December 2020, the 'Let Me In (20 Cube)' teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 19th of December 2020, the 'Given-Taken' Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab
On the 20th of December 2020, the 'Let Me In (20 Cube)' M/V was released.
Owned by Be:lift Lab

On the 4th of November 2020, it was announced that the Border: Day One pre-orders had surpassed 150,000 copies in 2 days. By the 21st of November, pre-orders surpassed 300,000 copies.
On the 30th of November 2020, a couple of hours after the albums release, ENHYPEN held a debut show, where they performed Flicker, Let Me In (20 Cube), 10 months and Given-Taken.
On the 4th of December 2020, ENHYPEN made their music show debut on Music Bank.

Border: Day One debuted at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, having sold 318,528 copies in 1 day and becoming the highest-selling album by a K-pop group that debuted in 2020.

Border: Day One peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.2 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.67 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart and No.14 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 379,992+
Oricon Sales = 88,154+ (Physical)
Total sales 468,146+ so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 'Given-Taken' has so far gained 25,002,327 million views, with the views increasing everyday, while the 'Let Me In (20 Cube)' M/V has gained 8,098,643 million views, with views still increasing.

Border: Day One is released in 2 versions: Dusk & Dawn.
Both versions of the album are set out in a slipcase and come with the Cd,  photo book, clear story cover set, postcard set, poster, hidden message card and 2 random photo cards.
Both photo books are completely different, and depending on where purchased varies with bonus extras.

Track List:
Intro: Walk the Line
Given-Taken
Let Me In (20 Cube)
10 Months
Flicker
Outro: Cross the Line

Dusk Version































































Suddenly, I'm terribly afraid


Dawn Version



































































In the scenery I see for the first time


Weverse Pre-order Benefits



As you can see I have both versions and I pre-ordered mine from Weverse, I pre-ordered mine pretty much as soon as the pre-orders went live. Both myself and Skye sat down every Friday afternoon (3pm to be specific) and watched I-Land live, we both had our favourites and I won't deny that when Jake's name was called out, I sobbed, he had been one of my favourite's since the very first episode, and he grew so much while on the show.
This is my first time seeing a group be created and then debut, so I was insanely nervous that I would be left feeling underwhelmed, but this album start to finish, cover to cover is spot on.
I have to say my favourite version is definitely the Dusk version, the photo book is gorgeous, I love the styling, lighting and colours, it was all just breathtaking. I also did originally pull Jay's photo card in my dusk version, but Skye very kindly traded me for Jake's as she knows he's my bias and she voted a lot for Jay, he was the main person she wanted in the group.
The album tracks themselves, I think fit perfectly for ENHYPEN's debut, there is a good mixture of songs that can show off their charms as a group and individually. The songs fit their vocals perfectly for now and have laid the perfect foundations for each of them to grow.

Intro: Walk the Line is the perfect track that introduces the members, it's such a pretty song, and starts with Jake setting the scene with his Aussie accent. Then breaks into flawless and gorgeous vocals. For me this song definitely deserves to be heard in full.
Intro: Walk the Line

ENHYPEN
As soon as I heard snippets of Given-Taken on their album preview, I was in love and couldn't wait to hear more. I was not let down when the album and M/V were dropped, I think this song was a new record for me as by the end of the day, I was already able to sing along with it.
I think this is a perfect debut track, and shows that they're all worthy of a place in ENHYPEN.
Given-Taken

I love the intro to Let Me In (20 Cube) and I think the song itself gives off a mysterious vibe, the main thing I love about this song is the chorus I think it's really catchy, I also absolutely love Jungwon's voice in this song.
Let Me In (20 Cube)

I'm so glad we got a song like 10 Months because it takes me back to I-Land and reminds me of Chamber 5, and gives of a cutesy vibe, even the choreography is cute, while still having a boyish charm.
10 Months

When I saw the track list, I was extremely happy to see Flicker was part of the album, Flicker is one of my favourite mission songs from I-Land. This song for me from start to finish is amazing.
Flicker

Jake closes up the album with Outro: Cross the Line, on first listen this song sounded eerie, but as it builds up you can't help moving along with it. My favourite line is "If I wake from dreamless sleep, may tomorrow begin like a dream." I think it's the perfect line for them, I'm sure at the moment while working tirelessly, they must feel like they're living in a dream right now.
Outro: Cross the Line

I really can't wait to see what ENHYPEN will bring us when they make their first comeback, I hope there is a continuation to their vampire concept.
I'm so happy and proud of each member, they've all grown through their journey on I-Land and now they can continue to grow together through ENHYPEN. I can't wait to see where their journey takes them and see their confidence bloom, I also hope to see Ni-ki reunited with SHINee, and see how they feel now that that little boy that was a dancer for them, has made his debut as a K-pop idol.

Were you a fan of Border: Day One?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version is your favourite?
What were your thoughts on Given-Taken?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Big Hit Labels

No comments:

Post a Comment