Friday 28 May 2021

Korean Drama - Love Alarm 2

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

If you haven't seen my previous post on Love Alarm, then here is a little recap, Love Alarm is a South Korean and Netflix Original drama series, based on the webtoon of the same name by Chon Kye Young.
Love Alarm 2 is the 2nd season of the Netflix Original and is written by Ryu Bo Ra, Cha Yeon Su, Kim Seo Yi and Kwon Ji Young, and directed by Kim Jin Woo.
The 2nd season was released globally onto Netflix on the 12th of March 2021.

Main Cast:
Kim So Hyun as Kim Jo Jo
Google Images

Jung Ga Ram as Lee Hye Young
Google Images

Song Kang as Hwang Sun Oh
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Go Min Si as Park Gul Mi
Google Images

Kim Si Eun as Lee Yuk Jo
Google Images

Park Sung Yeon as Jo Jo's Aunt & Gul Mi's Mother
Google Images

Shim Yi Young as Baek Kyung Hee, Hye Young's Mother
Google Images

Song Seon Mi as Jeon Mi Mi, Sun Oh's Mother
Google Images

Ki Do Hoon as Brian Cheon
Google Images

Bae Da Bin as Mon Soon
Google Images

Yoon Dong Hwan as Lee Gang Rae, Hye Young's Father
Google Images

Lee Jae Eung as Cheong Duk Gu
Google Images

Season 1 of Love Alarm premiered on Netflix on the 22nd of August 2019, it was ranked as one of Netflix's top releases and was renewed for a 2nd season in October 2019.
The first script reading for season 2 took place on the 21st of February 2020, almost a year later on the 14th of February 2021, Netflix announced the 2nd season would be released on the 12th of March 2021.

I love the fact that they kept the soundtrack the same for the 2nd season.
Tearliner - In My Dreams (Feat. Love X Stere0)

Tearliner - Blooming Story (Feat. Jo Hae Jin)

Love Alarm revolves around the story of a disruptive technology, that enables users to discover love through an application that notifies whether someone within the vicinity of a 10-meter radius has romantic feelings for them.
Longing for resounding proof of her feelings, Kim Jo Jo sets out to uninstall the shield and make the app ring for her one true love.
Love Alarm 2 Trailer

I saw there was a lot of mixed reviews for the 2nd season of Love Alarm, mainly because Jo Jo didn't end up with who they wanted her to end up with, even when it was following the webtoon. I on the other hand loved it, I binged watched it all on release day, and I was left feeling a little heartbroken that it was now finished.
The cast again were amazing yet again, we got to see different sides to them this season, and for me opinions changed. I think season 2 is all about change, closure, acceptance and choices, I have a week off soon, so may even sit and binge watch both season all over again.
Yet again Kim So Hyun brought Kim Jo Jo to life, I really felt she was in her characters shoes and helped the viewer to feel exactly the way she felt, this is definitely my favourite roll of hers. Jo Jo's main growth this season is learning to forgive and accept herself, as well as deciding whether she listens to the Love Alarm app, or listens to her own heart and feelings.
Through season 2, I was totally on team Lee Hye Young, there was something about Jung Ga Ram that helped you fall in love with him, not only as an actor but also his character. We got to see more of a vulnerability to Hye Young this time and got to peek more into his past with his father, and how his mother said he was just like him. We also get to see his fight or flight mode, he finally realises he's who he is and is willing to fight back for what he loves and wants, even when it's against his best friend Sun Oh.
I made so many Sweet Home jokes because of Hwang Sun Oh being depressed a majority of this season, I won't deny that while I adored his character in season 1 and wanted Jo Jo to end up with him, my opinion changed in season 2. While I may have applauded when Hye Young punched him, I could understand why he was acting the way he was. Jo Jo left him in the lurch when she ended their relationship, the main thing he needed was closure, he needed to hear the reason it all came to an end, but because he hadn't he didn't seem to care who he hurt, even if it was someone close to him.
Back in season 1, I really disliked Go Min Si's character Park Gul Mi, she was selfish and treated Jo Jo like crap, this season why she was still the same way, in that she wants to be the best and will do anything to get it, but we see a more vulnerable side to her, she also seems to care a bit more towards Jo Jo, this time round she made me laugh rather than mad.
My heart broke for Kim Si Eun as Lee Yuk Jo this season, you could tell she was totally in love with Sun Oh but he was stringing her along because he couldn't move past his feelings for Jo Jo, she even moves away for work for a while to try and get over him, only to come back to a little surprise.
This season we were introduced to Ki Do Hoon as Brian Cheon, the Love Alarms "developer", as the series moves along and concludes we find out more about his past and how he seems to know Duk Gu and came into possession of the Love Alarm app.
I'm so glad we got to see Lee Jae Eung as Cheong Duk Gu, he's always helping Jo Jo from the side lines, and helping her to understand her own heart, my predictions for him with Gul Mi were also correct, I think even though she's still not attracted to him, you can see she is thankful towards him and I personally could see a friendship forming between the 2 of them.

 I not only recommend the 2nd season of Love Alarm, but I highly recommend the whole Love Alarm series, from start to finish it kept me on my toes and kept me hooked.
The cast really pulled off an amazing series, you believed every word they said and did, everyone involved in the show should be applauded it was spot on.
I would love there to be a 3rd season, but I think, for me, it ended perfectly, there wasn't any incomplete storylines.

Have you watched Love Alarm 2?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the script and plot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment