Tuesday 11 May 2021

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I know we've gone passed pancake day by a few months, but pancakes can be enjoyed all year round, you can have them as a breakfast treat or for dessert.
 I will be the first to admit that I am rubbish at making pancakes, I always either undercook them or burn them, I can never get them just right, but I am always happy to keep trying to make them, so when I cam across this recipe, I thought I'd give them a go.

Let's get baking!
Ingredients:
150g self-raising flour
2 medium eggs
2 tbsp honey
150 ml buttermilk
1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus extra for frying
100g fresh blueberries or raspberries

Place the self-raising flour into a large bowl.

Next whisk in the eggs and honey, then gradually whisk in the buttermilk.


Then add the 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil to form a thick batter.

Now you're ready to stir in the fruit.

Next heat a little of the oil in a frying pan, and then depending how big you want your pancakes, spoon some mixture into the pan. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
Repeat until you've made the number of pancakes you require/want.

Now you're ready to serve.
I served mine with some maple syrup and extra blueberries,


This is the first time my pancakes have turned out perfect, while Skye wasn't fond of the blueberries mixed into the batter, I on the other hand found these pancakes delicious, as well as juicy, refreshing and full of flavour from the blueberries.
This is definitely now my go to pancake recipe, and will happily try it again and try it with raspberries.
This recipe is really easy to follow and isn't time consuming.

If you would like to check out and follow the original recipe, then you can head over Tesco Real Food's Fruity Buttermilk Pancakes recipe page.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment