Monday 15 March 2021

GOT7 - Breath of Love: Last Piece

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Breath of Love: Last Piece is GOT7's 4th full length album, as well as their last final release under JYP Entertainment.
On the 9th of November 2020, GOT7's comeback was announced via a comeback poster, announcing the album name, release date as well as a pre-release track. Also released was the first group teaser image.
On the 10th of November 2020, the second group teaser image was released.
On the 11th of November 2020, the third and final group teaser image was released.
On the 15th of November 2020, JB's teaser images were released.


On the 16th of November 2020, Mark's teaser images were released.


On the 17th of November 2020, Jackson's teaser images were released.


On the 18th of November 2020, Jinyoung's teaser images were released.


On the 19th of November 2020, Youngjae's teaser images were released.


Also on the 19th of November 2020, the M/V teaser was released for the pre-release track Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 20th of November 2020, BamBam's teaser images were released.


On the 21st of November 2020, Yugyeom's teaser images were released.


On the 23rd of November 2020, the M/V was released for Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Also on the 23rd of November 2020, the Last Piece Teaser Video for JB was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 24th of November 2020, the Last Piece Teaser Video's were released for both Mark and Jackson.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 25th of November 2020, the Last Piece Teaser Video's for Jinyoung and Youngjae were released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 26th of November 2020, the Last Piece Teaser Video's for BamBam and Yugyeom were released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 28th of November 2020, the Breath of Love: Last Piece Album Spoiler was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 30th of November 2020, the Last Piece M/V was released along with the digital and physical release of their 4th full length album Breath of Love: Last Piece.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 3rd of December 2020, the Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해  Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 4th of December 2020, the Last Piece Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 9th of December 2020, the Last Piece Live Video teaser was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 10th of December 2020, the Last Piece Live Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Youngjae credited as Ars co-wrote and co-composed on the pre-release track Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해.
JB credited as Defsoul co-wrote and co-composed on the title track Last Piece.
Mark co-wrote and co-composed on the track Born Ready.
Jackson co-wrote and co-composed on the track Special.
Jinyoung co-wrote and co-composed on the track Wave.
BamBam co-wrote and co-composed on the track Waiting For You
Yugyeom co-wrote and co-composed on the track 이젠 내가 할게 (Thank You, Sorry)

Breath of Love: Last Piece peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.77 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.4 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 347,599+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해 has so far gained 39,929,201 million views, while the M/V for Last Piece has gained 34,500,597 million views.
The views for both M/V's continue to increase on a daily basis.

Breath of Love: Last Piece is released in 7 versions: JB, Mark, Jackson, Jinyoung, Youngjae, BamBam and Yugyeom.
All 7 versions are set out in a clear pack with an album name stick to seal it, and they all come with the Cd, photo book, random mini folded poster, random moment film and 2 random photo cards.
The photo books are member based so like mine if you get Youngjae's cover it's a Youngjae photo book, the Cd plates are also member version specific.

Track List:
Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해
Last Piece
Born Ready
Special
Wave
Waiting For You
이젠 내가 할게 (Thank You, Sorry)
1+1
I Mean It
We Are Young





























I love how this album is set out, my only disappointment is that there is only member versions and no group version. I love the photo book, it reminds me of a glossy fashion magazine and the colour's used in the pictures are stunning, the pictures themselves are also stunning, even though it's simple, for me the album content really makes an impression.
The album itself is amazing, it even ranked in my Top 20 K-pop albums of 2020.

As soon as I heard Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해 I was in love, I love the vocals, the whistle and the chorus. It's one of those songs that calms your heart, soul and mind, it's one of those songs, that no matter how many times you hear it, it sounds new and fresh.
Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해

I have to say that for me Last Piece is one of my favourite title tracks from GOT7, I love the little added rock element in the track. For me also it's a track that gives me hope for a future for GOT7, GOT7 and IGOT7 connect to one another perfectly.
Last Piece

I can't help but dance along to Born Ready, I love the chorus, even though the lyrics are simple you can hear the power and determination in their vocals. I won't deny that Mark was my first bias of GOT7 and this track makes me insanely proud of him, it shows his growth and how he's far from the quiet American boy when they made their debut. If anything for me this track symbolizes how they're each ready to take on the next chapter of their journey's.
Born Ready

Zaty Farhani
The main thing I love about Special is the melody and the vocals, we're no strangers knowing that Jackson can create amazing tracks, but this one really is as the name suggests; it's special. This song fits perfectly with each of their voices, for me in this track no one stands out alone, they connect together perfectly.
Special

I was in love with Wave from the first listen and it came no surprise for me that it was Jinyoung's song, there's something about the songs that Jinyoung creates, they always pull me in, and this one is no different. I will never deny how hard it is to be an idol, but no matter how hard it gets for them, how exhausting it becomes, they know their fans are right ahead of them, helping to lead them along.
Wave

As odd as this may sound, but for me Waiting For You screams BamBam, I can see him releasing music like this in the future. I love the melody, their vocals and the tracks beauty. I love the hollow and echoing sound, it really gives off an emptiness through loss.
Waiting For You

Yugyeom is another member that knows how to pull you in with his music and 이젠 내가 할게 (Thank You, Sorry) is no different. I love that it's more of a ballad and really shows off their vocals, I also love that there is no abrupt end to the track and that it fades out.
이젠 내가 할게 (Thank You, Sorry)

For me 1+1 gives me a different vibe from the first 7 tracks, but it still fits with the album and shows off GOT7's style.
1+1

I adore the intro and the melody for I Mean It, it never fails to get me tapping my foot along with the beat. I also adore the chorus as well as their vocals.
I Mean It

I have to say that We Are Young is one of my favourite tracks from this album, live your life while you're young that way you don't regret how you have lived. We all live our lives the way we want to, we make mistakes, we make the wrong decisions, but it's all part of our own personal growth. Looking back and regretting your past is like wishing your life is better than it is.
We Are Young

I think Breath of Love: Last Piece was the perfect album for them to release as the completion of their time with JYP Entertainment, for me it shows how much they've changed and grown since their debut, and their journey isn't complete yet.
Now it's time to start new chapters in their careers and I can't wait to see what each one of them do on their own before they come back together, and when they do, you know it's going to be like they were never absent as a group.

Were you a fan of Breath of Love: Last Piece?
Do you have a physical copy?
Whose version did you choose?
What were your thoughts on Breath 넌 날 숨 쉬게 해 and Last Piece?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!

안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment