Monday 6 July 2020

Stray Kids - GO生(GO Live)

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


GO生 (GO Live) is Stray Kids' 1st full length album, on the 27th of May 2020, the GO Live trailer was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 31st of May, the Prequel (Highlight Reel) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 4th of June, the GO Live Unveil: Track GO Live was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 5th of June, the 1st set of individual teaser images were released.





On the 7th of June, the GO Live Unveil: Track Easy was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 8th of June, the unit teaser images were released.



On the 9th of June, the GO Live Unveil: Track TOP was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 10th of June, the GO Live Unveil: Track 타 (Ta) released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 11th of June. the GO Live Unveil: Track 청사진 (Blueprint) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 12th of June, the 2nd set of individual teaser images were released.




Also on the 12th of June, the group teaser images were released.

On the 13th of June, the Cooking video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th of June, the M/V teaser was released for 神메뉴 (God's Menu).
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 17th of June, the M/V was released for title track 神메뉴 (God's Menu), along with the physical and digital release of their first full length album GO Live.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 25th of June, the 神메뉴 (God's Menu) dance practice video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 28th of June, a video was released for 청사진 (Blueprint).
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Bang Chan, Changbin and Han wrote the lyrics for GO生 (GO Live), 神메뉴 (God's Menu), Easy and 타 (Ta), as well as co-composing on the track.
Bang Chan, Changbin and Han co-wrote the lyrics for Pacemaker and TOP, as well as co-composing on the tracks.
Bang Chan, Changbin and Han co-wrote the lyrics for Phobia and 청사진 (Blueprint).
Bang Chan and Changbin co-wrote the lyrics for 비행기 (Airplane), as well as co-composing on the track.
Han wrote the lyrics for 일상 (Another Day) and Slump, while Han and Bang Chan co-composed on the tracks.
Bang Chan wrote the lyrics for Haven and Gone Days, he also co-composed on the tracks.
Changbin co-wrote and co-composed on the track 바보라도 알아 (On Track).

GO Live peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.21 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.3 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.4 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.

*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 神메뉴 (God's Menu) has so far gained 57,080,631 million views, with the views still increasing on a daily basis.

Go Live was released in 4 versions: A, B, C standard versions and a limited edition version.
All 4 versions are set out in a box case.
All 3 of the standard versions come with the Cd, photo book, random 8-page unit lyric leaflet, random four-cut film, a secret card and 2 random photo cards.
The limited version came with the Cd, photo book, random 8-page unit lyric leaflet, random four-cut film, a secret card, 2 random photo cards, a random mini standing card and a random special photo card.
The first press releases of all 4 versions also came with a random polaroid card.
The photo books for all 4 versions are different.

Track List:
GO生(GO Live)
神메뉴 (God's Menu)
Easy
Pacemaker
비행기 (Airplane)
일상 (Another Day)
Phobia
청사진 (Blueprint)
타 (Ta)
Haven
TOP
Slump
Gone Days
바보라도 알아 (On Track)












































I was extremely happy and excited when I saw JYP tweet that the limited edition version would be available to pre-order here in the UK, as soon as I saw the tweet and link, I hit that pre-order button. While I've only been following Stray Kids for 15 months, when I saw that they were releasing their first full length album, I was so excited and happy for them. From the first teaser video I was really hyped and excited.
I love the layout of this album, it's definitely a change up from their previous releases, I love the photo book and I love the album itself. I've always thought Stray Kids were unique with their music and sound and this album is no different, they're not afraid to experiment with their sound or style. I think this album is the perfect way for them to start the next journey in the career.
As expected GO生(GO Live) is the perfect song to start the album off with it, it's a short song, just under 2 minutes long, but it gives a great taster of what's to come. I love the intro into the song, it gives me goosebumps, I honestly can't listen to this song without repeating 'I know, you know, we know, Lee Know'.
GO生(GO Live)

For me 神메뉴 (God's Menu), seems way too short, I love everything about this track. This has to be my favourite title track from Stray kids, I love the transitions between the verses and chorus and I have to say while my main favourite part is Felix's breakdown before the final chorus, the whole rap sections are just fire. I remember on my first listen of this song and first view of the music video, I was in awe, blown away and felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. This really is Stray Kids at their best.
神메뉴 (God's Menu)

I love the intro to Easy, my main favourite part for this track is the chorus, but I love how easily the music flows. Another of the things that really makes this song stand out for me is the speed in the raps, I love that the beat is slow while they're rapping with some speed. Changbin is definitely up there for me as one of my favourite rappers, and this is one of the songs that shows how awesome he is.
Easy
Jaeguchi

The start of Pacemaker, really takes me back to their Miroh album and the first track Entrance, it's just the intro beat that makes me think of it, as well as that signature Stay Kids. There's something about this song, that makes each and every member stand out, no member stands out more than the others, which I always love. All their vocals for me in this song are spot on, whether they're rapping or singing.
Pacemaker

I love how carefree and summer feeling 비행기 (Airplane) sounds, as well as being a song about being in love and wanting to forget everything for a while, and just go far away. If this isn't the perfect love song, I don't know what is.
비행기 (Airplane)

I've heard Stray Kids do slower songs, but nothing like 일상 (Another Day), Han really knows how to pull at the heartstrings, I'm in no doubt looking at the lyrics that, Han put all of his heart and soul into this song. I can see that being an idol isn't an easy job to pursue, some are told how to behave and they're basically told how to live their lives as well as how to act in front of others. Something I'm sure Han found extremely difficult when he started suffering with anxiety. One of the things I love about Stray Kids is that they deal with it through their music, and share how they feel with everyone that listens to their music. The fact that everyone sings in a soft tone, even Felix, Changbin and Hyunjin that have deeper voices, it's really breath taking.
일상 (Another Day)

Phobia has been one of my favourite songs on this album from the very first listen, what I really love about this song is how the music and the lyrics are polar opposites. Which I think come hand in hand when you have a fear of something, whether it being losing a friend, family member, even a job. You put on a smile, while on the inside your scared to move incase you do something that ruins what you have.
Phobia

Whenever I listen to 청사진 (Blueprint) it makes me wish I was out either walking round the countryside or just relaxing on the beach. I think this would be an amazing song to see live, you can tell from listening to this song that they really enjoyed making it. I think this is the perfect song for them, about how even if negativity is thrown at them they will continue to follow their own path that they've set out for themselves, not the path they've told to follow.
청사진 (Blueprint)

I think 타 (Ta) will be their go to, go crazy song at their concerts. When I first listened to this track, I didn't know what to think of it, but the more I listened to it, the more it got to me. Now I struggle listening to it without moving along with the beat. This is also the first time I've really noticed Chan's Australian accent when he's rapping and singing in Korean. This song is my go to song when I want to get pumped up.
타 (Ta)
Zaty Farhani

Another of my favourite songs is Haven, I get the feeling that this song is for both Stray Kids and Stays, Stays are Stray Kids haven and Stray Kids are Stays haven. I love that in the actual lyrics booklet step out and Stay are in capital letters as they are things that are meaningful to Stray Kids, with step out being their greeting and Stays being their fans. For me this is also Stray Kids power song, whenever they hit a snag, they remember the time is now and not to back away.
Haven

If any song was going to make me want to watch an anime it would be TOP. I'm so proud of Stray Kids being asked to do the opening and ending of an anime, and not only did they record this song in Japanese for the anime, we were also blessed with the song in Korean and English. This song goes above and beyond amazing for me.
TOP

Slump is the other song used for the same anime as the ending song, and like every other Stray Kids track, it truly is amazing.
Slump

I always find myself singing and dancing along to Gone Days, I love how the song is sung by the members and I love the melody of the track.
Gone Days

The final song is 바보라도 알아 (On Track), as odd as it sounds, I hate watching the M/V for this song as it makes me feel so sad for Hyunjin, it actually made me cry, so I choose not to watch the M/V, so it's a bonus that the song is just as amazing to listen to. If anything for me the message in this song is never stray away from what you want.
바보라도 알아 (On Track)
JYP Entertainment

For me this album is Stray Kids best album so far, it definitely makes me excited for their future releases. For me Stray Kids have a unique sound, and this album just nudges them even more into their uniqueness. For me they've shown that even though 2019 didn't end well for them, they're not letting that hold them back and will always come back harder and better.
Sadly their concert this year was cancelled due to COVID19, but I still have hope that I will be able to see them perform live one day. I'm slowly getting my hands on all their past releases as well as waiting on my signed copy of this album to arrive.
Yet again 3racha have done it again and released an album to be proud of.

Stray Kids everywhere all around the world, you make Stray Kids Stay!

Were you a fan of GO生(GO Live)?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you go for?
What were your thoughts on 神메뉴 (God's Menu)?
Do you have a favourite song from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Mnet K-POP

No comments:

Post a Comment