Saturday 19 December 2020

Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake Bars

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Everything always gets hectic for me as we get closer to Christmas as I spend more time at work and getting the house ready for the big day then I do preparing blog posts, but I've made sure to sit down and create today's post to share with you.
Today I want to share with you Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.
Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
For The Base:
150 g double chocolate cookies, crushed
50 g ground almonds
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
50 g butter, melted

For The Cheesecake:
125 g raspberries, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
250 g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
900 g light soft cheese
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
300 ml soured cream

Start off by pre-heating your oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas Mark 3 and line a 20 x 30cm cake tin with baking paper.
Next add your crushed biscuits into and bowl and add your butter to a pan and melt, then combine them together., with the ground almonds and caster sugar.



Once the ingredients are combined, press the mixture into the base of your tin, then chill until needed.

Next put the raspberries into a small pan along with 25 g of the golden caster sugar, and place over a medium heat.

In either a bowl or jug, mix 1 tbsp cornflour with 1 tbsp cool water to make a paste and then add to the raspberry pan, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the berries have broken down and thickened.
The aside to cool.


Next it's time to make the Cheesecake, mix together the remaining golden caster sugar and the remaining 1 tbsp of cornflour.

Next combine the sugar mixer with the soft cheese, beating until well blended.

Now add the eggs one by one, making sure to beat thoroughly after each addition.


Next add the vanilla and soured cream, mixing until just smooth, be careful not to overbeat or the cheesecake will be too airy.

Next pour half of the mixture onto your chilled base and smooth the top, then dot half of the raspberry mixture over the surface, then carefully spoon the remaining cheesecake mixture over the top and smooth out.


Once the last of the raspberry mixture has been dotted on top, using a teaspoon handle, gently drag through the raspberry mixture, creating a swirled effect, mine look tootally messy.

Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, then turn down the oven to 130C/110C Fan/ Gas Mark 1/2 and cook for a further 25-30 minutes, until the cheesecake is set at the edges, but still wobbles in the centre.
Then turn off the oven, slightly open the oven door and leave the cheesecake inside for 1 hour.
Cool completely and chill for at least 4 hours, before removing from the tin, slicing and enjoying.


I wouldn't say these are the best things I've ever baked, I don't think I mixed the sugar and soft cheese together enough as for me, while sweet, I could still taste the soft cheese. I also messed up on the raspberry mixture, I think I over cooked it as it seemed to congeal, hence the messy topping. While many things did seem to go wrong for me this time round, I'll happily give them another attempt at some point in the future.
I will say this recipe is really easy and simple to follow, if you're not stopping in between to take pictures, for blogging purposes, which I will blame on my downfall.

If you would like to follow the original recipe and make a better first attempt then myself, then you can head to Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake Bars on the Tesco Real Food page.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment