Monday 16 November 2020

Stray Kids - IN生(IN LIFE)

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao) 


IN生(IN Life) is Stray Kids 1st repackaged album following the release of their 1st full length album GO生 (GO Live).
On the 24th of August 2020, the IN Life trailer was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 28th of August 2020, the first set of individual teasers were released.






On the 29th of August 2020, the unit teaser images were released.



On the 30th of August 2020, the IN Life Unveil: Track 아니 (Any) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 31st of August 2020, the 2nd set of individual teaser images were released for Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hunjin and Han.




On the 1st of September 2020, the 2nd set of individual teaser images were released for Felix, Seungmin and I.N.


On the 2nd of September 2020, the IN Life Unveil: Track We Go, Wow, My Universe was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 4th of September 2020, the Unveil Track: 미친 놈 (Ex) was released, the next day on the 5th of September 2020, the group teaser images were released.

On the 6th of September 2020, the Unveil: Track B M was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of September 2020, the Back Door Opening Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 8th of September 2020, the In Life Mashup Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 9th of September 2020, the Back Door M/V teaser was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th of September 2020, the M/V for title track Back Door was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 1st repackaged album IN Life.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 16th of September 2020, the Back Door Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 20th of September 2020, the Video for 미친 놈 (Ex) was released, five days later on the 25th of September 2020, the Back Door Dance Practice Video (Uniform Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 27th of September 2020, the video for 아니 (Any) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 1st of October 2020, the Back Door Dance Practice (Lovestay Hanbok Ver.) video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Back Door won a total of 2 music show wins for Stray Kids, taking the 1st place trophy on Show Champion and M Countdown.

3racha wrote the lyrics for 토끼와 거북이 (The Tortoise and the Hare), Be Me, 아니 (Any), We Go and title track Back Door, with the 3racha members also co-composing on the tracks.
Bang Chan and Changbin wrote the lyrics for 미친 놈 (Ex), with both of the members also co-composing.
Lee know, Hyunjin and Felix co-wrote on the lyrics for Wow.
Changbin, Seungmin and I.N co-wrote on the lyrics for My Universe.

IN Life peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.53 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.4 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and N0.4 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales: 416,067+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Back Door has gained 87,730,396 million views, with the views increasing rapidly on a daily basis.

IN Life is released in 3 version: Standard A, Standard B and Limited Edition.
All 3 versions are set out in a box case and the cover opens backwards, A version is orange, B version is yellow and the Limited Edition is black.
The Standard Editions come with the Cd, photo book, random post card, random unit photo card and a random member photo card.
The Limited Edition comes with the Cd, photo book, random panorama poster, door hanger, random postcard, random frame photo card, random unit photo card, and a random member phot card.
The photo books for all 3 versions are different.

Track List:
토끼와 거북이 (The Tortoise and the Hare)
Back Door
B Me
아니 (Any)
미친 놈 (Ex)
We Go
Wow
My Universe
神메뉴 (God's Menu)
Easy
Pacemaker
비행기 (Airplane)
일상 (Another Day)
Phobia
청사진 (Blueprint)
타 (Ta)
Haven



































I think the layout is pretty simple for this album but I think it's clever that they've changed the way the cover opens, as I saw someone comment, it's like we're going in through the back door, I love the styling for this album, it reminds me of their Go Live album making them connected. The new songs as expected are top notch, but I didn't expect any less from Stray Kids.
The album starts off with an extension of GO生(GO Live) from their GO Live album, but this time it's took on the name of 토끼와 거북이 (The Tortoise and the Hare), I loved it the first time round but this time it took on a different sound, I love their interpretations of being the tortoise and the hare. It makes me think about their journey so far, it's not how fast you reach new heights, it's the effort you put into it, like we're told slow and steady wins the race. The raps really blew me away in this song, I also love how the song ends, it really sounds like they had fun with this one.
토끼와 거북이 (The Tortoise and the Hare)

I was in love with 神메뉴 (God's Menu) so I was curious to see how they were going to top it and then came Back Door. I absolutely love the melody, and I love how the track changes throughout I'll be surprised if by the end of the track you're not answering Felix, I know I do every time I listen to it.
Back Door

I think for me B Me is a song to boost your confidence and start to ignore the demons in your head. I know people think I'm odd because I mainly listen to K-pop, but why would I change who I am and what I like to please others. K-pop has helped me in many ways especially mentally, just be yourself and don't worry what others think. I love the melody and the chorus for this song, especially the vocals in the chorus.
B Me

As soon as 아니 (Any) was teased to us, I knew I was going to love this song, and it didn't let me down. I love how it builds up, I love raps, I love the chorus and I have to say the build up to the chorus and the chorus itself is my favourite parts. I love Felix and Lee Know's voices in this track.
아니 (Any)

미친 놈 (Ex) reminds me and makes me think of 바보라도 알아 (On Track), it feels like it's a continuation of that song and story. It's songs like this one that really reminds me that Stray Kids really are a unique and versatile group, they can have soft and stunning songs like this while also have a title track like Back Door.
미친 놈 (Ex)

I love that we have unit songs this time round, while many Stays knew about these songs before their studio releases, I was new to them, so to finally get a 3racha track on an album, to say I was excited is an understatement. I'm not usually a fan of songs that use autotune, but I think it really works well for this track. If you're not familiar with Stray Kids then I'm sure you'll be shocked when you hear Han and Changbin's rap skills. While Bang Chan only does the chorus it still shows he's talented but that could just be me being biased.
We Go

I have to say Wow is my favourite out of the unit tracks as well as my favourite of the new tracks on this album. I love the melody and I love that we get more of Lee Know and Felix, especially Lee Know. This song proves that they can hold their own, I love the different tones in their voices, they really compliment each other.
Wow

The final of the new tracks on this repacked album is My Universe, just from the starting melody you know it's going to be a gorgeous and meaningful song. Seungmin and I.N's voices really compliment one another. This song also reminds me of another song but I can't quite put my finger on it. This song from start to finish is absolutely stunning, it leaves me with a sense of comfort and makes me think about how much I really appreciate the people in my life.
My Universe

If you want to check out my thoughts on the other songs on the album then head to my Stray Kids - GO生(GO Live) post. With this album Stray Kids reached a new high for me, they raised the bar again and put together another great album. All 8 of these guys are extremely talented and they always give back what they receive, I have no doubt they'll continue to work hard and this is only the start of their achievements, I'm sure there are many more to come and I'm glad their starting to get the recognition they deserve.

Were you a fan of IN生(IN LIFE)?
Do you a have a physical copy?
Which version did you go for?
What were your thoughts on Back Door?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment