Tuesday 17 November 2020

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I'm so happy that I've been able to do a lot more baking this year then I have in previous years, I've always loved baking but especially last year I felt like it was more of a chore rather than a love and a hobby, so this year I've gained the love for it back.
I've never thought about making an upside-down cake before, so I thought why not attempt to make one while the world outside was a lot quieter.
So let's get baking a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!

Ingredients:

For The Topping:
50 g butter, softened
50 g light soft brown sugar
7 pineapple rings in syrup, drained and syrup reserved
7 glace cherries

For The Cake:
100 g butter, softened
100 g golden caster sugar
100 g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

Start off by pre-heating your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Next start your topping, beat together the softened butter and the light soft brown sugar.

Spread the mixture over the base and a quarter of the way up the sides of a 20cm round cake tin.

Next arrange 7 pineapple rings on top, putting the syrup to one side for later.
Then place the 7 glace cherries in the centres of the pineapple rings.

Now time for the cake, in a bowl, cream together the butter and golden caster sugar.

Add in the eggs and give a good mix.

Next add in the flour and baking soda, mix together, then add the 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of your reserved syrup and give another mix.


Spoon the mixture into your cake tin on top of the pineapple rings and smooth out so it's level.

Pop into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
Once baked, leave to stand for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.

Now you're ready to serve, you can serve it warm with ice cream or even just with pouring cream.
I just enjoyed mine on it's own.

For a first attempt I was pretty proud of myself, it's actually really easy and simple to make and looks pretty once released from the tin. I'll happily bake this again, especially because I absolutely love pineapple.
This cake was so soft, I really enjoyed eating it, the cherries and pineapple really added to the flavour, the pineapple really kept the cake moist and spongy. As expected it really didn't last too long until it was all eaten.

If you would like to check out and follow the original recipe that I followed then head to BBC's Good Food Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment