Sunday 31 May 2020

NCT Dream - Reload

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Back in my last NCT Dream post for their 3rd mini album We Boom. I mentioned how their next comeback could be their last before changes were made. In a way I was right, SM Entertainment announced NCT Dream's 4 mini album Reload would be NCT Dream's final release as 6 members, as they had listen to fans and were abolishing the graduation process, and were making NCT Dream a fixed unit, also returning Mark as a member of the unit.
On the 19th of April 2020, the first group teaser image was released, as well as information on the albums release date.
On the 20th of April 2020, the 2nd group teaser image was released, along with the 'Reload' Crew Video being released.

Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 22nd 2020, the 너의 자리 (Puzzle Piece), poster and member images were released, along with the 너의 자리 (Puzzle Piece) Track Video #1.



NCT DREAM

Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 23rd of April 2020, 내게 말해줘 (7 Days), poster and member teaser images were released, along with the 내게 말해줘 (7 Days) Track Video #2.





Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 24th of April 2020, the 사랑은 또다시 (Love Again) poster and member teaser images were released, along with the 사랑은 또다시 (Love Again) Tack Video #3.






Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 25th of April 2020, the Quiet Down poster and member teaser images were released, along with the Quiet Down Track Video #4.






Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 26th of April 2020, the Ridin' Teaser Images were released.





On the 27th of April 2020, the Rollin' Teaser Images were released.





On the 28th of April 2020, the Ridin' M/V teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
SMTOWN
On the 29th of April 2020, the Ridin' M/V was released, along with the digital and physical release of their 4th mini album Reload.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 5th of May 2020, the [One Take] Ridin' (Rollin' Ver.) NCT Dream The Stage and the [One Take] Ridin' (Ridin' Ver.) NCT Dream The Stage were released.
Rollin' Ver.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Ridin' Ver.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 14th of May 2020, the Ridin' Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

On the release of Reload, the album topped the iTunes album chart in 49 countries including the US.
In South Korea, the title track Ridin' reached No.1 on Korea's largest music site Melon, making it the first track released by an NCT unit to top the chart.
The album sold 259, 422 physical copies in 2 days for the month of April.

Ridin' won NCT Dream 2 music show trophies, winning once on Music Bank and once on Show! Music Core.

Jeno and Jaemin participated in writing the lyrics for track 너의 자리 (Puzzle Piece).

Reload peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.2 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
459,767+
Oricon Sales:
5,768+
Giving the album a total of 465,535+ in sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Ridin' has so far gained 27,419,446 million views, with the views still continuing to rise on a daily basis.

Reload is released in 2 versions: Ridin' and Rollin'.
Both versions are set out in a hardback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, random folded poster, random crew gift (wristband or ticket), random circle card and random photo card.
Both versions have a different cover with the Ridin' Version having a black cover and the Rollin' Version having a blue cover. Both versions also have different photo books, that are the versions from the teaser images.

Track List:
Ridin'
Quiet Down
내게 말해줘 (7 Days)
사랑은 또다시 (Love Again)
너의 자리 (Puzzle Piece)







































I have the Ridin' version of the album, and it's my favourite version. I love the photo book, the quality of the pages really make the pictures look so pretty, and the pictures within the photo book are top quality too, it's such an aesthetically pleasing photo book, definitely one of my favourite photo books for 2020.
The album itself is also top quality, each track is different and shows how mature they've become musically, as someone that's followed the Dreamies since debut, I'm extremely proud of how far they've come, for me they're definitely on par with their brothers NCT 127. Reload is definitely my favourite album from NCT Dream.
Ridin' is definitely my favourite title track from the Dreamies, it's one of their most mature sounding tracks, while still keeping it youthful. The song from start to finish is pure perfection, I love the chorus, and Haechan's high note gives me goosebumps.
Ridin'

For me I get chilled Go vibes from Quiet Down, I think it's this type of sound that really fits NCT Dream the best. I think it shows their rap and vocals off perfectly.
Quiet Down

I can't even see 내게 말해줘 (7 Days) without singing "seven days a week 넌 어땠니 (7 Days a week neon eottaenni)". 내게 말해줘 (7 Days) is such a chilled out track. I love that it mixes the rapping together with the singing, showing that Jaemin, Jeno and Jisung have such soft vocal tones to their voices. The chorus is definitely my favourite part of the song, I love how it flows, how their voices sound and it's the main part of the song that sticks in my head long after it's finished.
내게 말해줘 (7 Days)

I definitely think 사랑은 또다시 (Love Again) is one of those tracks that has a mature sound for the Dreamies but still has the youthful sound to it making it relevant for them right now. It also gives me old school boy band vibes, from the late 90's/early 00's, which I find amusing as that's when all the members were born.
사랑은 또다시 (Love Again)

Without a doubt from the moment it was teased I knew 너의 자리 (Puzzle Piece) was going to be my favourite song on this album. I cannot listen to this song without either crying or getting tearful, and it means so much more knowing Jeno and Jaemin took part in writing the lyrics. If there is any song that shows how much they've grown, it's this one. It's a song that really makes me reminisce about their debut and I think it's the most perfect song to end the album with. We all know that Mark is that missing puzzle piece. The music, the vocals, the members in this song, make me happy and proud to have followed them from debut, to see how they have matured and grown in just short of 4 years.
너의 자리 (Puzzle Piece)

I hope we're not waiting too long for NCT Dream to return, and I can't wait for them to return as 7. While I'm a little gutted Mark's workload will be increasing again, I can't wait to see him reunited on stage with them again. I can't believe in August it will be their 4 year anniversary, it's gone by so fast.

Were you a fan of Reload?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
What were your first thoughts on Ridin'?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment