Monday 20 April 2020

Dreamcatcher - Dystopia: The Tree of Language

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Dystopia: The Tree of Language is Dreamcathcer's first full length album, on the 1st of February 2020, a mystery code was released on their official Instagram page, hinting at their comeback. On the 4th of February 2020, Individual teaser images #E were released.


 On the 5th of February 2020, Individual teaser images #V were released.


 On the 6th of February 2020, Group teaser images #1 were released.

On the 7th of February 2020, Individual teaser images #I were released.





On the 10th of February 2020, Individual teaser images #L were released.




On the 11th of February 2020, Group teaser images #2 were released.

On the 12th of February 2020, the lyric spoiler was released for title track Scream, as well as the album story spoiler being released also.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 13th of February 2020, the highlight medley was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 14th of February 2020, the dance preview for title track Scream was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
Dreamcatcher o
On the 17th of February 2020, the M/V teaser for Scream was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment

Dreamcatcher official
On the 18th of February 2020, the M/V for Scream was released, along with the physical and digital releases of their first full length album Dystopia: The Tree of Language.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 20th of February 2020, the Scream dance video (M/V Ver.) was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment

Dreamcatcher official
On the 21st of February 2020, the Scream dance video was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 10th of March 2020, the Scream dance video (Studio Ver.) was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 11th of March 2020, Special Clip SAHARA self-made M/V was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment

While Handong is absent from both the album, M/V and promotions as she has other work commitments back home in China, a masked dancer was used in both the M/V and during promotions to show that while she is absent now, the song and choreography was made for all 7 of the members in mind.

Promotions for Scream were completed in the second week of March, but promotions began again a couple of days later, with the album track Black or White.

Jiu, Siyeon and Dami co-wrote on the track Black or White.
Jiu, Siyeon, Yoohyeon and Dami co-wrote on the track Jazz Bar.
Siyeon co-wrote and co-composed on special track Paradise.

Dystopia: The Tree of Language peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
42,447+
This is Dreamcatcher's best-selling album to date.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Scream has gained 10,990,243 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

Dystopia: The Tree of Language was released in 4 versions: E, V, I & L, all 4 versions come will the Cd, photo book, random photo stand and 3 random photo cards. The albums are set out like Raid of Dream, in a fold out card case.
The photo books for all 4 versions are different and connect to their versions of the teaser images, the Cd plates and the album covers are also different with the version on the spine.

Track List:
Intro
Scream
Tension
Red Sun
Black Or White
Jazz Bar
SAHARA
In The Frozen
새벽 (Daybreak)
Full Moon
하늘을 넘어 (Over The Sky)
Outro
Scream (Inst.)
*Special Track*
Paradise






























  
I was super excited when I came across this album, while I was in London for SuperM, I couldn't help but buy it, even though I was on the hunt for it. I have the L version of the album and I love the layout, the photo book is stunning, I'm glad I picked the more colourful version as we're used to seeing them with dark concepts, the colours throughout are just gorgeous.
The album itself like all Dreamcatcher albums is amazing, each track shows a different side to the group that we haven't seen, showcasing all their talents, whether it be singing, rapping, lyric writing and composing.
As always the album starts with an Intro, which really builds up the suspense of not only the album itself but also perfectly leads into the next track.
Intro

As I've just said the intro leads perfectly into their title track Scream, this is the first time the group have put out a title track that is more EDM than rock, while it still has their usual rock elements, I think Scream really makes more of an impact for them as it shows they are versatile when it comes to their main songs. To be honest this is my favourite title track so far from them and I can't wait to see where they take us next time.
Scream


Next with Tension, we get a song with that familiar rock sound that we've come to known and love from Dreamcatcher. For me this song is the perfect fit for an anime and as the song builds up to the chorus, it transports me back to one of their earlier tracks as it reminds me a little of Chase Me from their debut single album Nightmare. Tracks like this one make me think no matter the concept they go with the album will always head back to their roots and have a rock inspired track. For me this song also shows how talented they all are as vocalists, I also love the abrupt end to the track too.
Tension

I love how Red Sun has an eerie melody, which really fits in well with their concept, I also love that it's a much slower track. Normally when you think of a slow track, you think more of a ballad, but I think for me this song while sounding slightly eerie, it also has a sensual sound too which is what their vocals bring to the song. I love their live performances of this track which I think portrays my feelings on the song really well, they appear to vampiresses, which is seductive in it's own way.
Red Sun

We're now onto the song I fell in love with on first listen, Black Or White. I love the how the song starts and I love the chorus. Not being bias but I love Siyeon's voice in this whole song, I also love the break down of the song towards the end of the track. I was extremely happy when I saw they started promoting this song which in itself shows how popular and well received this song was, which I'm sure made Siyeon, Jiu and Dami feel like they created an amazing song.
Black Or White

Mnet K-POP

Now we come to a song that was a new direction for Dreamcatcher with Jazz Bar, I remember first hearing this track and not knowing what to think because it's something we've not heard them do before, but yet again they created a song that was melodic and soothing. While I love and tend to prefer their more rockier and edgier songs, I really love their more slower tracks as it shows that they are all talented vocalists. I also love the little break down in this song that makes you feel like you've possibly been transported back in time and listening to them in a jazz bar. I also think that even though there is music it feels like a song that's stripped bare, making their voices stand out so much more.
Jazz Bar

While SAHARA starts out slowly, with the melody of the guitar, I love the little build up we get into the chorus and then the drums drop as the chorus starts. I think this track will be a crowd favourite at concerts as it's easy for them to interact with their fans and have them join in.
Sahara

For me In The Frozen is one of their songs that makes a big impact is really memorable, I love the melody throughout and each of their voices is on point. 
In The Frozen

I love that 새벽 (Daybreak), is a more soulful R&B track, the softness of the melody really helps with the softness of their voices. It's a song that makes feel comforted and at ease, it's like they're singing a lullaby, but enticing you to wake up, it's also a little seductive too.
새벽 (Daybreak)

Would this album really be completed without their one year anniversary song Full Moon! For me this song is Dreamcatcher down to a T. I think this song really transports you back to their first year, this song would have fit onto anyone of those earlier albums, and is sadly only one of two songs on this album that we get to hear Handong sing.
Full Moon

Sadly the second time we get to hear Handong seem to be only available on the physical release of the album, but don't fret, 하늘을 넘어 (Over The Sky) was released as a digital song. I could listen to this song all day, it's very anime but also I feel it has a pureness to it too. I'm gutted that it doesn't seem to be on the digital release of the album because it means new listeners miss out on an amazing song. It also gives me the feeling of being united with InSomnia and Dreamcatcher and vice versa.
하늘을 넘어 (Over The Sky)

I love the Outro I think it closes the album perfectly, ready to take us on their next adventure and journey.
Outro

I highly recommend giving the Scream (Inst.) a listen as it shows how amazing this track was even before their vocals were added to make it even more amazing.

We're now onto the final song, which is the special track by Siyeon, with her solo track Paradise. I absolutely love this song, the melody, her vocals, everything about this song for me is pure perfection. I think this song would be perfect to be part of a drama's soundtrack. It's a song like this that reminds new fans that Siyeon is actually Dreamcatcher's main vocalist and it also shows that she's a talented lyricist and composer.
Paradise

Dreamcatcher official

I was extremely excited when it was announced that Dreamcatcher were releasing their first full length album, and I was not left disappointed. I always comment on how versatile they are, but I think this album really showcases that. I'm sad that they're still not getting the recognition they deserve but one thing I've noticed is that both them and their music are slowly receiving more love and attention. I can't wait to see what their next comeback will bring, as of yet they've never left me feeling underwhelmed or disappointed.
This album is Dreamcatcher at their best!

Are you a fan of Dystopia: The Tree of Language?
What were your first thoughts on Scream?
Do you have a physical copy of the album?
Which version did you choose?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment