Monday 3 February 2020

Stray Kids - Cle: Levanter

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Cle: Levanter is Stray Kids' 5th mini album and their final release from their the Cle series, which became their first release as an 8 member group.
On the 9th of October 2019, Stray Kids released the M/V for Double Knot, before doing so teaser images were released.














Owned by JYP Entertainment

Cle: Levanter was originally announced to be released on the 25th of November 2019, however, due to Woojin's departure, the album was to be delayed until early December.
On the 13th of November 2019, the M/V for Astronaut, like with Double Knot, teaser images were released first. This also marked the first time Stray Kids would release a song without Woojin and as an 8-member group.





Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 27th of November 2019, the Cle: Levanter trailer was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 28th of November 2019, Levanter Film #1 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 29th of November 2019, Levanter Film #2 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 2nd of December 2019,  the first set of individual teaser images were released.





On the 3rd of December 2019, the 2nd set of individual teaser images were released.








On the 4th of December 2019, the group teaser images were released.


On the 5th of December 2019, the M/V 1st teaser for 바람 (Levanter) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of December 2019, the 2nd M/V teaser for 바람 (Levanter) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of December 2019, a teaser was released for track You Can STAY.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 9th of December 2019, the M/V was released for 바람 (Levanter), as well as the physical and digital release of their 5th mini album Cle: Levanter.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 11th of December 2019, the 바람 (Levanter) Dance Practice was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 19th of December 2019, the 바람 (Levanter) Dance Practice (Lovestay Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 22nd of December 2019, the You Can STAY video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 24th of January 2020, Stray Kids released their digital single Step Out of Cle which contained the English versions of Double Knot and 바람 (Levanter).
Double Knot
Owned by JYP Entertainment
바람 (Levanter)
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Bang Chan, Han and Changbin wrote the lyrics for Stop, Double Knot Astronaut and You Can STAY, with the 3racha trio also co-composing on the tracks.
Bang Chan, Han and Changbin co-wrote on title track 바람 (Levanter), as well as co-composing on the track.
Bang Chan, Han and Changbin wrote the lyrics for Booster.
Han wrote the lyrics for Sunshine, as well as co-composing on the track.
Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin and I.N wrote and composed bonus physical album track Mixtape#5.

Cle: Levanter peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.17 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.18 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.9 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
182,300+
Oricon Sales:
9,116+
Making Cle: Levanter, Stray Kids' best selling album so far.
Giving the album so far a total sales of 191,416+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Double Knot has so far gained 28,655,185 million views, with the Astronaut M/V gaining 8,140,179 million views and title track 바람 (Levanter) M/V gaining 23,995,729 million views.

Cle: Levanter was released in 3 versions, Cle, Levanter and a Limited version. All 3 versions are set out in a paperback book style case.
The Limited version has a black cover and comes with a dust jacket, Cd, photo book, random special page, 3 random QR photo cards, a random lenticular photo card and a unit poster. The Cle version is white, while the Levanter version is blue, and both come with the Cd, photo book, random special page, and 3 random photo cards.
The photo books for all 3 versions are different.
The pre-order benefits for the album were a random poster, a calendar poster and a random bookmark.

Track List:
Stop
Double Knot
바람 (Levanter)
Booster
Astronaut
Sunshine
You Can STAY
Mixtape#5 *Cd only*









































This is my first time getting my hands on a limited copy of a Stray Kids album and I have to say that I'll continue in the future on getting the limited version releases. I really liked this comeback, it showed that Stray Kids are stronger than ever and that they will overcome any every obstacle they come across. I love the photo book in this album, it shows different sides to each of the members, from my time following Stray Kids, they are often shown having are edgier look, but this time they were shown having a more softer side. which can show off their emotional journey so far, as well as a more emotional album to conclude their Cle series with. I have this album on repeat a lot as I love each track, which I have done since I started listening to them since Cle 1: Miroh. One of the things I loved about the M/V is how it shows that just because they lost a member, their journey is far from over and I couldn't help cry when Bang Chan is seen holding the door open for his members to take them on the next chapter of their journey, and seeing I.N stop and look behind shows that they won't forget Woojin and their journey with him.

I loved 밟힌 적 없는 길 (Road Not Taken) on their Cle 2: Yellow Wood, so when Stop kicked in and it was an extended version and a continuation for the song, I couldn't help but smile. The differences in the lyrics, just shows that they have overcome the fear of the unknown, they have gained the strength to take another step towards their future as not only Stray Kids but as individual artists. I think it's also a reminder to their fans that no matter their obstacle they will fight for both Stray Kids and STAY.
Stop

As soon as I heard Double Knot I was in love, and I love that we have an English release of such a powerful song. I love how fierce the melody is, the raps are incredible, this song was definitely created to help the rappers shine, it's one of my favourite songs from Stray Kids that is rap based. Everything about this song is lit and it's no surprise that the choreography would be lit, fierce and hard too.
Double Knot

I would have to say out of the Cle series, 바람 (Levanter) is my favourite title track, it's a song they've not done as a title track. The song for me shows elegance, and softness we haven't really seen from Stray Kids with a title track, even the choreography has an elegance and beauty to it. I think the song also shows empowerment that you should always be yourself and never hide your true self.
바람 (Levanter)

I think Booster really embodies Stray Kids, I love that no matter the song, it has the Stray Kids style. There's nothing I don't love about this song, but I do have to say I love how Hyunjin, Lee Know and I.N really stand out in this song for me, and I love how Han harmonises in the chorus proving he's not only a talented rapper but he's also a talented vocalist too.
Booster

I think Astronaut is another song that shows off Stray Kids softer side, showing that they don't always have to go hard to make an amazing song. I don't know what it is about this song but whenever I hear it, I just feel uplifted, like there is nothing I can't accomplish.
If you're ever having a bad day, listen to Astronaut and just feel your cares and worries melt with the song.
Astronaut

One thing I've learnt when it comes to Stray Kids is that Han creates such beautiful slow songs, and Sunshine is definitely one of them. It definitely shows that all the members can be just as soft with their vocals as the melody and tempo is, which I'm sure for some of the members that have deeper voices can't be as easy.
Sunshine

I love that they clearly say that You Can STAY is a fan song, just from the title. I have to say that this is my favourite song from the album, not only do I think it's beautiful song that they're singing to and for their STAY, I think it's a song that STAY can sing to Stray Kids too, without STAY there is no Stray Kids and without Stray Kids there is no STAY. I've not even hit my 1 year anniversary with Stray Kids yet and I can't believe how they've helped me feel more happy within myself and how I now have the need to protect each and every member.
You Can STAY

I always love the Mixtapes from Stray Kids and Mixtape#5 is no different, this has to be one of my favourites from their mixtapes. It's a really happy go lucky song and it's a new side to Stray Kids, it's nice to see them sing about more youthful things like falling in love. Each of the members really stand out vocally, they did an amazing job making this song together, it reminds you of how young they really are.
Mixtape#5

I can't wait for Stray Kids to return again to see what they have in store for us, I think they're growing in confidence in being experimental with their music. Stray Kids head back to London this year in May and are playing the Wembley Arena, and I'm hoping to get tickets to take Skye to go see them and hopefully get VIP style tickets to take her backstage to meet the members.
Overall I would have to say that for me this is my favourite Stray Kids album so far, each track is different and shows off all their charms and allowing at times some of the members to shine a little bit more that wouldn't normally, the 3racha boys did amazing again.

Stray Kids everywhere all around the world, you make Stray Kids Stay!

Have you listened to Cle: Levanter?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment