Monday 18 November 2019

Stray Kids - Cle 2: Yellow Wood

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Cle 2: Yellow Wood is Stray Kids first special album and their 2nd release in their Cle series, on the 3rd of June 2019, the Cle 2: Yellow Wood Trailer was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of June, Bang Chan, Hyunjin and Felix's individual teaser images were released.
 Google Images

 Google Images
 On the 7th of June, Lee Know, Han and I.N's individual teaser images were released.
 Google Images

 Google Images
 On the 8th of June 2019, Woojin, Changbin and Seungmin's individual teaser images were released.
 Google Images


 Google Images
 On the 9th of June, the group teaser images were released.
 Google Images
On the 10th of June, unit teaser #1 and unit teaser #2 were released.
 Google Images


 Google Images
On the 13th of June, the Cle 2: Yellow Wood Unveil Track 'Mixtape spin-off' video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th of June, Unveil Track 밟힌 적 없는 길 (Road Not Taken) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 15th of June, Unveil Track 별생각 (TMT) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 16th of June, the first 부작용 (Side Effects) M/V teaser was released, then on the 17th of June, Unveil Track 부작용 (Side Effects) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 18th of June, the second M/V teaser for 부작용 (Side Effects) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 19th of June, the M/V for 부작용 (Side Effects) was released, along with the physical and digital release of their special album Cle 2: Yellow Wood.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 23rd of June the Performance Video of 부작용 (Side Effects) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 1st of July 2019, the video for 별생각 (TMT) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 4th of July, the 부작용 (Side Effects) Dance Practice Video (9 Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

3racha aka Bang Chan, Han and Changbin wrote the lyrics for 밟힌 적 없는 길 (Road Not Taken), 별생각 (TMT) and title track 부작용 (Side Effects), as well as co-composing on 별생각 (TMT) and 부작용 (Side Effects).
Stray Kids wrote the lyrics for Mixtape #1, Mixtape #2, Mixtape #3 and Mixtape #4, as well as composing on #2, #3 and #4, with 3racha composing on #1.

Cle 2: Yellow Wood peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.17 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.17 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.9 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
152,492+
Oricon Sales:
3,379+
Giving the album a total sales of 155,871+
*YouTube Views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 부작용 (Side Effects) has so far gained 35,327,853 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

Cle 2: Yellow Wood was released in 3 versions: Cle 2, Yellow Wood and a Limited version, all 3 versions are set out in a paperback book style case, with the limited version also having a dust jacket.
All 3 versions come with a Cd, photo book, random special page and 3 random QR photo cards, the limited version also comes with a sticker sheet and 3 unit photo cards.
The photo books for all 3 versions are different.

Track List:
밟힌 적 없는 길 (Road Not Taken)
부작용 (Side Effects)
별생각 (TMT)
Mixtape #1
Mixtape #2
Mixtape #3
Mixtape #4







































I have the Cle 2 version of the album, which I find amusing as I have the Cle 1 version of Miroh,the layout of the album is pretty much the same as Cle 1: Miroh, from start to finish this album is amazing, the track list consists of three new tracks and then the mixtapes from their previous albums. I love how they've done the QR photo cards, but I think the only disappointing thing about them is the QR code is only valid till the next album release.
I think 밟힌 적 없는 길 (Road Not Taken) is a great song to start the album off with, it's a good song to hype you up. I love the lyrics, it's true to Stray Kids journey, I would have to say my favourite part of the song and lyrics is Bang Chan and Woojin's "뛰쳐나가 후회 없이 달려가 막막해도 I will never stop 막막해도 I will never stop  (Run and run without a regret, even if it's suffocating I will never stop, even if it's suffocating I will never stop).
밟힌 적 없는 길 (Road Not Taken)

When I first heard 부작용 (Side Effects), I felt a little disappointed because I was still in love with Miroh and felt a little underwhelmed from 부작용 (Side Effects). The more I listened to it, the more it grew on me and the more I eventually fell in love with it. I think this song is one of those songs that you have to hear a few times to be able to hear the beauty within it. I think it has an aggressive hook but I think it blends really well with the verses where it calms down, which I think brings together the whole side effects. I love the start of this track with Seungmin and Bang Chan but I have to say my main favourite parts from this song are all Felix's, his deep voice really works well with the concept, I also love the whole voice in the background of the chorus which is listing all the side effects we often see when it comes to things like medication.
부작용 (Side Effects)

After 부작용 (Side Effects) I think that 별생각 (TMT) is such a calming track. I love the chorus and the melody of the chorus, it's such a chilled out song. I love the meaning of the lyrics, I may not have the right interpretation on them but for me, it's that journey you take in trying to follow your dreams and that doubt in the back of you're mind that makes you think will I ever become who and what I want to be for myself and for others.
별생각 (TMT)

I think Mixtape #1 is another chill out track, I love the melody and I love the lyrics, all their voices blend well with the music and I love Woojin's high note at the end.
Mixtape #1

Mixtape #2 is something new for me, I've never heard Stray Kids do a slow track, and I love it. I love the lyrics, I've noticed their Mixtape tracks tend to be more of their meaningful songs, the songs that tell of their journey. Mixtape #2 seems to be telling us of their journey and struggles so far from their trainee days to the album this mixtape was released on. Listening to this song now and seeing the lyrics makes me realise as a new member of the fandom how much Woojin's voice will be missed.
Mixtape #2

I think Mixtape #3 sounds like such a carefree song, I love the melody and I love how all their voices blend with the music, I think it's an amazing song to inspire the younger generations when they think things are tough and getting on top of them.

Mixtape #3

I've mentioned this track in my last Stray Kids post for Miroh, I have to say Mixtape #4 is my favourite of the Mixtape tracks I think this track truly embodies Stray Kids not only as individual members, but as a whole team and one with their fans, in that they have a long journey ahead of them, and they know there will be some failure's along the way but they will always continuing to rise again, learn from the failure and continue their fight and journey, it also shows just how far they have come in just 1 year. I think this is such a beautiful and meaningful song. When I made these comments about this song, I was unaware of their biggest hurdle that was approaching them. On the 28th of October it was announced that member Woojin for personal reasons was leaving Stray Kids and that his exclusive contract with JYP had been terminated. It made me think of this song and how they always reference a compass. A compass will always point north but at times when the seas get rough or you come face to face with an obstacle you have to change course.

Stray Kids are a strong and talented group and I know they must have been hurt and felt like failure's for losing hold of a friend, brother and member, but I think this will show not only their fans but also themselves that this is just a obstacle within their path that they will overcome and appear stronger than ever before. I wish Woojin all the happiness and luck for whatever and wherever his new path takes him and I hope we see him again in the future.

Stray Kids everywhere all around the world, you make Stray Kids Stay!

Do you have Cle 2: Yellow Wood?
Do you have a favourite track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment