Thursday 21 November 2019

Sausage Jambalaya

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


While I was making my Meat-Free Sausage Casserole, I came across another recipe on the Tesco website that I wanted to give a try, this time it was a dish I'd never heard of let alone ever tried before anywhere else. So I decided to give it a try.
Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
200 g long grain rice
1 tbsp olive oil
8 pork sausages, each cut into 3 pieces
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning 
1 onion, finely chopped
400 g chopped tomatoes
250 g frozen mixed vegetables

Start off by putting the rice in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold water for about 1 minute. Next heat the oil in a large pan and brown the sausages for a few minutes.

Stir in the Cajun seasoning and onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.

Add the rice to the pen and cook for another 30 seconds.

Next pour in the chopped tomatoes and 400 ml of water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.

Next stir in the frozen vegetables and cook for another 10 minutes.

Season and serve pipping hot.

I absolutely loved cooking this dish, not only did it smell and taste nice, but even while cooking the smells cooking from the pan were making my mouth water. A bonus with anything new that I cook was that Skye also seemed to enjoy it too. I think this is a good dish to have either during the week or even at the weekend, I also think it's a perfect winter warming meal. You can also mix up what vegetables you use and what suits your family's tastes, I used the farmhouse mixed vegetables which is broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and peas, I think when I make it again, which I will be doing soon, I will also add sweetcorn. I loved all the flavours and I also loved that while the veg was cooked, they still had a little crunch to them which for me, I was surprised I liked and enjoyed, I normally cook them till they're really soft.
I think this will definitely become a family favourite in our house.

If you're interested in the original recipe then you can try Jini's Make It Better Jambalaya, or if you want to give any other Tesco recipe's then head over to their recipe's section on their website.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment