Saturday 15 February 2020

Korean Drama - Cinderella and the Four Knights

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Cinderella and the Four Knights is a South Korean drama television series and is based on the novel of the same name which was published in 2011.
The series was written by Min Ji-eun and Won Young-sil, and directed by Kwon Hyuk-chan and Lee Min-woo.
The series aired on tvN from the 12th of August and concluded on the 1st of October 2016, the series has 16 episodes, lasting 60 minutes each.

Main Cast:
Park So-dam as Eun Ha-won
Google Images

Jung Il-woo as Kang Ji-woon
Google Images

Ahn Jae-hyun as Kang Hyun-min
Google Images

Lee Jung-shin as Kang Seo-woo
Google Images

Choi Min as Lee Yoon-sung
Google Images

Son Na-eun as Park Hye-ji
Google Images

Kim Yong-gun as Chairman Kang Jong-du
 Google Images

Kim Hye-ri as Ji Hwa-ja
 Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Seo Hyun-chul as Eun Gi-sang
 Google Images

Choi Eun-kyung as Park Soo-kyung
 Google Images

 Ko Bo-gyeol as Choi Yu-na
 Google Images

Cho Hye-jung as Hong Ja-yeong
 Google Images

 Check out the trailer below.

 It's been a while since I've been in love with a drama's whole OST, for me whenever I hear these songs it takes me right back into the drama.
BTOB - For You

BTOB - For You Ballad Ver

Jessi - My Romeo

SinB ft. SiJin - 고백 (Confession)

Green Cacao ft. Monet - 언젠가 그대 다시 만나면 (If I Ever See You Again)

Yoon Bomi - Without You

Younha - I Believe

Dickpunks - 별이 쏟아지는 너 (Star Falls On You)

Zia - Only One

CNU - 사랑을 찾는 방법 (The Way To Find Love)

Lee Jung Shin - 고백 (Confession)

"Eun Ha-won is a bright college student who dreams of becoming a teacher. Unfortunately, she loses her mother in a tragic accident, moves in with a cruel stepmother, and has no money for her education. One day, she helps an old man and as fate would have it, moves into a gorgeous mansion with three equally gorgeous men, who also happen to be billionaire cousins and heirs to the Kang family fortune. Between the rebel-minded Kang Ji-woon, playboy money machine Kang Hyun-min and the super-sweet singer Kang seo-woo, Eun Ha-won finds herself in the middles of the hottest love quadrangle to ever befall a modern fairy tale princess. Rounding out the mansions chaebol lifestyle are Lee Yoon-sung, who serves as the cousins handsome bodyguard, and Park Hye-ji, a gorgeous girl, who's been neighbours and in love with Kang Hyun-min since childhood.

Google Images

Cinderella and the Four Knights is my first drama with a majority of the cast members, I was hooked on this drama from the very first episode. The cast as a whole was amazing, you could tell that they enjoyed working together, otherwise they're characters wouldn't have really come through properly.  I guessed during the first episode who Park So-dam's character would end up and I got it right, even though at times I was a tiny bit conflicted.
I loved Park So-dam as Eun Ha-won, for me she brought a lot of brightness to the drama, for me she also added a lot of the comedy. I loved how her character never wanted to give up, no matter her obstacle. I think it's safe to say she often puts others before herself, and her main goal seems to be making the Kang cousins into that family unit, she no longer feels she has.
I think Kang Ji-woon is that character that has the hard exterior that he only opens up to people once he knows he can trust them, and I can honestly say that I couldn't see or imagine anyone other than Jung Il-woo play this character. He was another character and cast member that brought the comedy and made me laugh, while I expected his character to grow and develop, I really wasn't expecting how both his and Eun Ha-won's past loss would tangle together. I think one of the main reasons why Ji-woon let his guard down around Ha-won was because he realised she was actually like him, but he found it harder to forgive and forget.
I absolutely loved Ahn Jae-hyun as Kang Hyun-min, there's something about him that you can't help but fall in love with his character, even if he is a playboy. I love that even with his dark, mysterious and hard exterior, he's actually really sweet. I love that there seems to be an unspoken friendship between Hyun-min and Ha-won and it's because of her he seems to question his actions and how he treats the people around him a lot more, seeing his playboy image start to slowly calm down and disappear. If I had to have a favourite character and cast member from this drama it definitely has to be Ahn Jae-hyun, one of my favourite scenes is when he wakes up on the plane and has a little meltdown and tantrum, it really made me laugh, plus it's adorable.
Lee Jung-shin really brought the softness and sweetness to the drama as Kang Seo-woo, whenever he was onscreen, I couldn't help smiling with him. The final episode seems to hint at who he ends up dating but I hope, that for me the hint was spot on. You can tell that out of the Kang cousins that Seo-woo is the one that's more open and welcoming to other people, I also love that, even though he sees Ha-won's missions as impossible, he's still willing to help her in any way that he can.
I thought Choi Min was perfect as Lee Yoon-sung, I honestly thought he would be a character that would eventually start having feelings for Ha-won. However I did not expect how his story in the drama would change so much, I honestly felt that I had personally been betrayed, I was fuming. Another scene in the drama that really made me laugh was drunk Yoon-sung, it was nice to see a more loose Yoon-sung, which is why I think this was a scene that was much needed and really funny.
There were times that I got really annoyed and frustrated with Park Hye-ji, it seemed at times she didn't really want to move on with her life or feelings, and it seemed she sometimes made choices, that would rile up Hyun-min, even if it meant others could get hurt. There were also times when we got to see how sweet she really is when she took in Ha-won, and how she was willing to let in someone she thought was her enemy. Son Na-eun really did an amazing job in her role and I'm glad it ends happy for her after all her heartbreak.
This is my second drama with Cho Hye-jung, I'd previously watched her in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. I loved her as Hong Ja-yeong, she's such a sweet and innocent character. I also love that even though she is a die hard fan of Seo-woo, instead of obsessing over him and constantly chasing him, she is always there to help him when he's in need, such a sweet friendship blossoms between them, that you can tell that even though he has a nickname for her, he holds her dear to him and is always happy to see and recognise her.
I hated how entitled both Park Soo-kyung and Choi Yu-na thought they were throughout the drama, even when they were brought down a peg or two, Yu-na's attitude really annoyed me as did her whining, you could tell at times that she wanted things handing to her instead of working for them, which is why I think they both treated Ha-won really badly. I always view hating character's as how the good the actors really are, Choi Eun-kyung and Ko Bo-gyeol really made their characters believable, which I applaud.
If you haven't seen Cinderella and the Four Knights, then I really recommend it, it's definitely one of my favourites. The whole cast was exceptional, as was the script and story line, there was never a dull moment, I was excited from start to finish to see how the series would develop.

Have you watched Cinderella and the Four Knights?
Did you like the casting and the plot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment