Monday 29 July 2019

Park Bom - Spring

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Park Bom is a South Korean singer and is best known as a member of South Korean girl group 2NE1, Bom made her debut with the rest of 2NE1 in 2009. In 2016 following the groups disbandment, she departed from YG Entertainment. In July 2018 it was announced that she had signed with D-Nation Entertainment and after a really long time made her long-awaited return to the music scene in March this year (2019), with her 1st single album Spring.

On the 6th of March 2019, Teaser 1 for her return and title track Spring was released, with the track also featuring former band mate Sandara Park.
Owned by D-Nation
D-NATION
On the 11th of March 2019, Teaser 2 for Spring featuring Sandara Park was released.
Owned by D-Nation
On the 13th of March 2019, D-Nation released the highlight medley for Spring, along with the released of the Spring M/V, as well as the physical and digital release of Park Bom's debut single album of the same name.
Owned by D-Nation
Owned by D-Nation
Bom performed Spring for the first time during her showcase event for the Spring single album, which was also held on the day of the albums release.

Spring debuted at No.2 on Billboard's World Digital Song Sales Chart as the highest-selling K-pop song and the highest-charting new entry of that week.

Spring peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
22,547+(combined sales with re:Blue Rose)
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V has gained 16,793,393 million views, with views continuing to increase.

Spring is set out in a hardback book style case and comes with Cd, photo book and photo card.
The photo book follows a really simple but artistic concept.

Track Listing:
봄 (Spring) Feat. Sandara Park
내연인 (My Lover)
창피해 (Shameful)








I surprised myself when I watched the M/V to Spring and which in turn caused me to buy the single album, mainly because I was never a fan of 2NE1, I knew of them and had liked songs but they were never really a girl group I listened to, I was heartbroken for them when they disbanded and their farewell song did make me tear up but other than that I've never really been bothered about getting their albums.
I've known of the "Scandal" that Bom was accused of a few years ago but I've never unlike some I read the stories and comments instead of judging her, blaming her and blacklisting her. In my own personal opinion, I think it was best for her to step away from the spotlight for a while to get away from the negative comments and focus on her mental health.
When I first heard Spring and saw the English translation, I was brought to tears for her, as I think it really brought home on how she had been feeling for the past few years and now was the time that she felt happy within and with herself to the point that her Spring had returned and she felt like she could bloom again.
I love that the album is pretty simple and the pictures are gorgeous, I don't think she needed a big flashy album concept for her return, her voice and the tracks on Spring have the power to showcase her return back into the spotlight.
I still feel myself getting tearful when I listen to 봄 (Spring), it's such a stunning song musically and vocally, I could listen to it all day every day. Even though I was never a big fan of 2NE1, I can't help smile every time I listen to this track and hear Sandara Park, it just shows that true friendships are created within these K-pop groups.
봄 (Spring)
I think 내연인 (My Lover), has such a pretty and simple melody that allows Bom's voice to really shine and show off just how stunning voice is, even though it's a track about looking for her true love, I can't help but want to hold out my hand for her and walk with her on her new path.
내연인 (My Lover)
Lets pick the speed up a little with 창피해 (Shameful), there's something about the melody that makes me smile and even though it's still a slower track makes me want to get up and dance, whether it's raining or sunny. It's definitely a refreshing song that makes me think all my cares and worries have melted away. I think this track shows just how versatile Bom's vocals can be and really leaves a mark for her return back into the spotlight, I also think it has to be my favourite b-side on the album.
창피해 (Shameful)
Zaty Farhani

I still wouldn't class myself as a fan of 2NE1, and I wouldn't say never to checking out their albums, but I'm definitely a fan of Park Bom, I think she's the perfect example of a phoenix rising from the ashes and starting again, which shows how much she loves being able to stand on stage and perform, I also think her return has shown that she definitely has more people that want her back on stage in the spotlight, than those that would create a black ocean.

Were you a Blackjack beforehand?
Were you excited for Bom's return?
Were you a fan of Spring?
Do you have a favourite song from the single album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment