Friday 26 July 2019

Korean Drama - I Picked Up A Celebrity On The Street

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images

I Picked Up A Celebrity On The Street, which is also known as I Picked Up A Star On The Road is a South Korean thriller and comedy drama series.
It's written by Lee Nam Gyu, Moon Jong Ho and Oh Bo Hyun, and directed by Kwon Hyuk Chan.
The series aired on Thursday's and Friday's starting on the 1st of November 2018 and concluding on the 14th of December 2018.
The series has 10 episodes with each episode lasting 60 minutes.

Main Cast:
Sung Hoon as Kang Joon Hyuk
Google Images

Kim Ga Eun as Lee Yeon Seo
Google Images

Kim Jong Hoon as Hwang Nam Goo
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Kang Sung Jin as Representative Kim
Google Images

Park Soo Ah as Jin Se Ra
 Google Images

Ji Ho Sung as Mir
Google Images

Han Eun Sun as Moon Hee
Google Images

Yoon Kyung Ho as Detective Byun Ji Yong
Google Images

Heo Jun Seok as Section Chief Nam
Google Images

Mimi as Na Ji Eun
Google Images

Hwang Jung Min as Yeon Seo's Mother
Google Images

Contract worker Lee Yeon Seo daydreams about teaching her manager a lesson but accidentally acts out her vengeful fantasy on the top Hallyu star, Kang Joon Hyuk in a twist of events. Thinking she has accidentally killed him, Yeon Seo secretly takes Joon Hyuk to her house and prepares to get rid of the body! But Joon Hyuk is alive and thinks that he's been kidnapped by a psychopath! Seeing no other option, Yeon Seo keeps him hostage so that he doesn't turn her into the police.
How long can she keep him hidden from the world, and can she ever convince him that she's not an evil person.

Image result for i picked up a celebrity on the road
Google Images

Through this drama I've now learnt to read what the drama's are about as this totally went in a direction that I wasn't expecting. This drama had me in fits of giggles, it's definitely a dark comedy and takes twists and turns that I wasn't expecting, I definitely had the wrong culprit in mind, it definitely reminded me of what some people are capable of.
This is my 2nd drama with Sung Hoon, my first being Oh My Venus, and it was because of Oh My Venus that I've started wanting to watch more of his drama's, he definitely seems to be busy lately. I loved his portrayal of Kang Joon Hyuk, it was nice to see him play someone with more confidence as well as someone who uses his celebrity status to get what he wants, although I did find his outcome a little weird.
For the rest of the cast this was my first time seeing them at work, I loved the chemistry between the three main characters, especially towards the end of the drama. If I had to pick a character that was my favourite it has to be Kim Jong Hoon as Hwang Nam Goo, his character was always so random that whenever he was on screen he had me smiling and giggling. I think Kim Ga Eun was also did really well as Lee Yeon Seo, the first couple of episodes for me for her were my favourite as they added to the comedic value for the consequences of her choices.
While the drama does start out as a dark comedy, it does take more of a serious turn, I liked that it took a more serious turn while still having moments of comedy as for me it made it much more enjoyable and less far fetched if the plot had stayed the same, I mean who doesn't like being confessed to while being abducted and tied up, thinking this is end of your journey. I won't lie the ending did leave me slightly confused as well as being left feeling underwhelmed, but overall I would happily watch I Picked Up A Celebrity On The Street again and I would recommend others to watch this extremely weird but wonderful drama.

I've really enjoyed watching more Korean drama's that are darker, and have more of a thriller genre to keep you guessing and I look forward to checking out more.

Did you check out I Picked Up A Celebrity On the Street?
Did you enjoy the drama?
Did you have a favourite character?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment