Tuesday 4 June 2019

EXO - Love Shot

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Last year saw EXO have 2 comebacks which came just over a year after their albums The War and it's repackaged album The War: The Power of Music, sadly it was their last comeback as a group before military enlistments with Xiumin being the first to enlist on May 7th this year and member D.O to enlist on the 1st of July, today's post is their 5th repackaged album Love Shot for their previous release Don't Mess Up My Tempo, as you can see I'm doing this back to front.

On the 3rd of December 2018, it was announced that EXO would releasing a repackaged album, a couple of days later on the 5th of December, the first Love Shot M/V teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
From the 6th of December up until the 10th of December 2018, the teaser images were released for the album.













On the 11th of December 2018, the second M/V teaser for Love Shot was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 13th of December 2018, the Korean M/V for Love Shot was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 5th repackaged album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 14th of December 2018, the M/V for the Chinese Version of Love Shot was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Love Shot topped the Billboard's World Digital Songs Chart for 3 consecutive weeks, making EXO the 2nd K-pop act to do so.
Promotions for the album and song on the 14th of December 2018 on Music Bank, Love Shot earned EXO 3 music show trophies, with 2 wins on Music Bank and 1 win on Show! Music Core.

Chen and Chanyeol co-wrote on title track Love Shot.
Chanyeol co-wrote on 트라우마 (Trauma), Gravity and 가끔 (With You), with Chanyeol also co-composing on 가끔 (With You).

Love Shot peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.8 on the Billboard World Albums Chart. Love Shot also peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Monthly Albums Chart.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The Korean M/V for Love Shot has so far gained 149,055,614 million views, while the Chinese M/V has gained 5,212,945 million views, giving Love Shot so far a total of 154,268,559, with the views for both versions continuing to increase.

Love Shot was released in two versions: Love and Shot. Both versions are set out in a hardback book style case and come with Cd, photo book and a random photocard.
The Love version has a black cover with a diamond on the cover, while the Shot version has a white cover and EXO on the cover. The photo book's for both versions are different and follow the teaser images released Love follows the suits concept, while Shot is more casual.

Track List:
Love Shot
Tempo
트라우마 (Trauma)
Wait
Sign
닿은 순간 (Ooh La La La)
Gravity
가끔 (With You)
24/7
후폭풍 (Bad Dream)
Damage
여기 있을게 (Smile On My Face)
오아시스 (Oasis)
宣告 Love Shot (Chinese Ver.)
节奏 Tempo (Chinese Ver.)




























Even though I don't listen to EXO as much as I did when I first got into them almost 5 years ago (the joys of liking so many different groups), I was still extremely excited when it was announced that after over a year they would be making a comeback, the sad part of their comeback was the timing, which meant that in 2018 we didn't get no winter special album like previous years. There was also another bonus from their first comeback but we'll get into that when I post on that album. Back to Love Shot, from the 2 versions I have the Love version, wonder if you can guess why that was the version I picked. I love the photo book, I love the colours used and each member wears their suit well, with and without a shirt, I love that it also has their member numbers, if anything EXO and SM are consistent.
Like in previous repackaged album posts I'm splitting up the track lists between two posts; Love Shot has to be one of my favourite title tracks from EXO and I feel it shows off a more softer and sultry side to their vocals, and I'd be surprised if this song doesn't get stuck in anyones head.
I absolutely love 트라우마 (Trauma), I love the beat and I'm in love with the vocals, especially D.O's, his voice just melts into the song and in turn melts me. The song really fits with the Love Shot concept and personally for me it gives off a seductive feel, making me think the choreography for this song would have their female fans swooning.
One thing EXO are amazing with is ballads, as a unit their voices blend well for ballads and Wait is one of those songs. In past songs we've learnt that Chanyeol has a gorgeous voice when he gets the chance to sing instead of rap, even our maknae Sehun has improved a lot with his vocals, this song also gives me winter album feels, so I feel they added this song to give us that winter album emotion.
Now my main favourite track from the album overall is Gravity, I love everything about this song, I love the melody, the lyrics and the vocals, and I definitely love the chorus it definitely takes me back to their The War album. I fell in love with this song on my first listen and was even more excited and proud to see Chanyeol's name as part of the writing credits.
Damage for me shows the harder side of EXO, showcasing the power behind their voices and you can imagine that it will have a pretty epic choreography put with it, I would have to say though my favourite parts from this song are Chanyeol's and Sehun's rap and we can't forget Sehun's most famous line E.X.O. I could easily see Sehun and Chanyeol doing a song together that sounded like this.
I think 오아시스 (Oasis) is just pure magic, the melody is just magical and their vocals add to the magic, I can tell this song would be amazing live.

Love Shot


트라우마 (Trauma)


Wait


Gravity

Damage

오아시스 (Oasis)


宣告 Love Shot (Chinese Ver.)

Every time I watch performances of Love Shot, all I get in my head is D.O's voice saying 뭐 (Mwo/What). I could imagine his amusing evil glare making an appearance on what the routine was, personally for me I always feel that D.O seems uncomfortable performing sexier routines compared to routines like Monster. SM have announced that EXO are to head out on tour at the end of next month, which will be their first tour without Xiumin and Kyungsoo (D.O), I'm sad that we won't see and hear them for a while especially Kyungsoo's vocals, I have to say that while he's not my bias, he's definitely my favourite vocalist.
I hope both Xiumin and Kyungsoo return from military service happy and healthy and I look forward to what they will bring when they return.

Were you a fan of Love Shot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment