Tuesday 14 August 2018

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I feel like it's been such a long time since I did a baking post and today's is a first for me as it was my first time attempting cookies, I tend to shy away from recipes where I could end up with any type of dough stuck to my hands. The recipe I followed says these are a copycat of Millie's cookies and I will share the link for that recipe for you at the end of the post.
Lets get baking!

Ingredients:
125 g butter (unsalted)
115 g soft brown sugar
110 g caster sugar
1 egg (medium)
1 tsp vanilla extract
220 g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
200 g chocolate chips

Start off by preheating your oven to 200C/180C fan assisted/gas mark 4 and line 2 trays with baking parchment.

Next in a large bowl, cream together butter and both your brown sugar and caster sugar, until pale and fluffy, then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well together.


Next sift the salt and flour into a separate bowl and then add to the egg mixture. Mix till it forms a soft dough and then add the chocolate chips and stir them in.



Next break off walnut sized pieces of the dough, and roll into balls. Place the dough balls onto the baking sheets, leaving a space between them.

Place into the oven and bake for 7 minutes if you prefer them a little softer, or bake for 10 minutes if you like them a little crunchier. I kept mine in a little longer as they seemed a little under baked for my liking.

Once baked, leave them on the trays to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely, then serve however you like and enjoy.

I loved these cookies, they were so soft and chewy and I have baked them for a 2nd time. Skye seemed liked she couldn't get enough of them either as they were soon gone once she saw them. My dough was still a little sticky when i was forming them into balls but I survived my hands being covered in the dough. If you're a new baker then I would suggest this recipe as it's really easy to follow and you don't need a lot of ingredients and doesn't take long to make. They're also perfect if you just want something sweet in the house for snacks.
If you would like to see and follow the recipe I followed then head to Copycat Millie's Cookies.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment