Monday 13 August 2018

Jessica - My Decade

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back again with another post from Jessica and this time it's Jessica's 3rd mini album for her 10 year anniversary since starting her music career.

On the 16th of April 2017, a music film teaser was released for digital single 봄이라서 그래 (Because It's Spring).
On the 17th of April 2017, the music film was released for her digital single 봄이라서 그래 (Because It's Spring).
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 3rd of August 2017, an M/V teaser was released for Jessica's title track Summer Storm.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 6th of August 2017, a 2nd M/V teaser was released for Summer Storm.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 9th of August 2017, Jessica celebrated her 10 year anniversary as a singer with the release of her 3rd mini album My Decade, releasing it digitally and physically, as well as releasing the M/V for Summer Storm.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 16th of August 2017, the official Summer Storm Behind the Scenes video was released.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment
On the 31st of August 2017, a lyric video was released for the track Starry Night.
Owned by Coridel Entertainment

Like her past albums Jessica was credited for the lyrics on 5 of the tracks, with her writing the lyrics for title track Summer Storm, Saturday Night, Starry Night and Beautiful Mind, which she also co-composed on. Jessica co-wrote the lyrics for 봄이라서 그래 (Because It's Spring), she was also credited as a producer for the album.

My Decade peaked at No.4 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.5 on the Billboard World Albums Chart and No.67 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
44,778+
Oricon Sales:
1,494+
Giving a total of 46,272+ copies sold so far.
*YouTube views correct at the time of writing post*
Through Coridel Entertainment's official YouTube channel, Summer Storm has so far gained 4,651,080 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

My Decade is set out in a cushioned hardback book style case, with the pictures within the photo book being set indoors, ranging from black & white pictures as well as colourful pictures. The last 4 pictures of the photo book are dedicated to Jessica's 10 years as a singer, showing performances as a member of Girls Generation as well as a soloist since leaving the group. The album comes with a random photocard.

Track List:
Summer Storm
Beautiful Mind
Saturday Night
Love U
Starry Night
봄이라서 그래 (Because It's Spring)










































I love this album as a whole, it's really pretty and a gorgeous way to celebrate Jessica's 10 years as a singer, I admit I got a little teary seeing pictures of her during her days as a member of Girls Generation, it's just sad that they're were no group shots of her with the girls. I think there would have been 2 factors of why pictures of her with Girls Generation were not used, SM Entertainment probably told her on leaving the company that she didn't own or have a right to use the pictures and she probably knew that if she had used the pictures she would have probably received hate for using them saying she was trying to get attention from using them. She already received hate from releasing her album, I saw comments asking why she couldn't wait a week or so till after Girls Generation had made their comeback, and was trying to steal their thunder. Why should she have to delay or wait to celebrate that she was also celebrating her 10 year anniversary. I would have been more surprised and heartbroken as a SONE if she hadn't included pictures from her days as a member of Girls Generation. I love all the pictures within the photo book, she looks flawless in every picture, there are many different outfit changes, which shows me another of Jessica's loves is always present within her albums, and that's fashion. I love all the tracks on the album, they all have a different feel and vibe to them even though most of them are slow songs. I think Jessica shines more with her voice with slower tracks but I do love it when she does faster songs, I think My Decade is the perfect chill out album to sit and listen to while reminiscing over Jessica's past 10 years as well as thinking about your own memories, it really is a celebration album, Saturday Night makes me want to get up and dance along while Love U leaves me feeling emotional and happy that I have Jessica's voice in my life, her voice as been a part of my music interests for the past 5 years (nearly 6).

Summer Storm

Beautiful Mind

Saturday Night

Love U

Starry Night

봄이라서 그래 (Because It's Spring)

Sadly it's been a year now since we've had an album release from Jessica, I can only hope that she returns now with a new release and possibly an English release. I was kind of gutted that she didn't release and English version release of my Decade like she did with her first 2 albums. For now we have come to the end of Jessica's solo discography, but fingers crossed she'll be back soon.

Did you like the My Decade concept?
What is your favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment