Saturday 11 August 2018

Korean Drama: Rich Man, Poor Woman

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Google Images
So I'm back with another Korean drama and this was my first drama to watch in real time. There's nothing worse watching a Korean drama or any drama at that, and the episode ending leaving you on the edge of your seat and having to wait a week for the next episode. Thankfully though with Korean drama's we tend to get 2 episodes a week back to back. This week the drama I'm sharing with you is my 2nd drama from a member of EXO, shall we check it out?

Rich Man, Poor Woman is a South Korean television series, the series is a remake of the Japanese drama of the same name. The series was written by Hwang Jo-yoon and Park Jung-ye and directed by Min Doo-sik. The series aired on MBN and Dramax, airing from May 9th - June 28th (2018), running for 16 episodes with each episode being an hour long.
*If there is only 1 picture of a cast member, it's because I couldn't find a screen grab of them in the series*

Main Cast:
Kim Jun-myeon as Lee Yoo-chan
Google Images

Ha Yeon-soo as Kim Bora
Google Images

Oh Chang-suk as Min Tae-joo
Google Images

Kim Ye-won as Min Tae-ra
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Choi Kwang-il as Nam Chul-woo
Google Images

Park Sung-hoon as Cha Do-jin
Google Images

Lee Jae-jin as Kang Chan-soo
Google Images

Kim Ian as Jang Do-il
Google Images

Gong Seo-young as Oh Se-yeon
Google Images

Jung Yo-han as Steve Jo
Google Images

Yun Da-yeong as Park Miso
Google Images

The first script reading for the series took place March 23rd 2018, with filming beginning a few days later on March 26th.

On the 15th of March 2018, the Rich Man, Poor Woman Official Trailer was released.
On the 19th of April 2018, the Rich Man, Poor Woman Official Trailer 2 was released.

Like a majority of Korean dramas I watch, there are always songs that when I hear them remind me of the drama, here are my favourites.
CHEEZE - Hard For Me


Nam Taehyun(South Club) - Real Love


Doyoung (NCT) - Hard For Me

*Plot synopsis taken from Asian WIKI*
Lee Yoo-chan is the CEO of IT company Next In, he founded the company and it is now the most desirable place to work for young professionals. He is arrogant and does not trust people in general, Lee Yoo-chan also suffers from an inability to recognise faces.
Kim Bora was born in the countryside on Jeju island, she is the pride of her family and famous in her hometown for being smart. She goes to Seoul to attend college and carries her family's high expectations for her. During her last year in college, Kim Bora experiences difficulties finding her job, her dream is to work at Next In. There she meets Lee Yoo-chan and their lives change.


Google Images

I was pleasantly surprised with this drama, at the start of the series I thought Kim Bora would be a character I would dislike but by the end of the series, I was rooting for her. Kim Ye-won was amazing as Min Tae-ra, by the end of the series I liked her character and felt sorry for her but throughout most of the series I couldn't help but dislike her character and how she forced herself and her feelings on Lee Yoo-chan, I personally think an actor or actress has done her job correctly if you dislike a character that's seen as a bad guy, which I think Ye-won did perfectly. This was my time watching Suho acting in a drama and I thought he did an amazing job, I really liked his portrayal of his character and was conflicted at times in how to feel about him, I couldn't help feeling sorry for him at times but then found myself telling Bora to slap him with how he treated her. I think this series is a good way of showing that there a good and bad sides to having someone who tries to remain positive and nice to everyone in their life, it could make someone so jealous that they make a mistake they later come to regret or help change their life and mind for the better. I was happy with how the series ended and I can only hope there would be a 2nd season to see what becomes of Next In and it's employee's. The supporting cast is just as amazing as the main cast and you can't help loving each one of them, especially Steve Jo, he always brought the fun and comedy to the series. Thinking back at watching this series I don't think I shed any tears till the final episode, which is a first for me, I normally have a few tears during but I guess that means I thought it was more empowering than trying to break it's viewers.
I really recommend this series for it's storyline as well as the cast and characters, I'd happily sit and watch it again.

I'm slowly getting through my list of Korean drama's that I have but each time I cross one off my list, another 2 are added, as well as adding and watching a few Japanese drama's. I'm currently watching a Korean drama that's on air at the moment and really enjoying it, but while I wait for the next episodes I've also started a Japanese drama too, which I'm also finding interesting and really enjoying.

Have you watched the Japanese Rich Man, Poor Woman?
What did you think to the Korean version?
Were you a fan of the casting?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment