Tuesday 27 March 2018

Diet Cola Chicken

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back with a new cooking post and today's post is a dish I've heard loads about and also saw an Instagram story that my fried posted while she was making this herself so I decided to finally make it myself. I'm sure you're looking at the title and thinking why on earth there is Diet Cola in a food recipe but this recipe is from Slimming World and it's apparently a really popular recipe for them so I will add the link for the original recipe at the end of my post, as I didn't add a few of the ingredients as I couldn't find one of them and I don't like the others.
Shall we get cooking?


Ingredients:
Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp tomato puree
8 tbsp passata with onions & garlic
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
330 ml can diet cola 
200 ml chicken stock

Firstly prepare your vegetables that you need to chop and cut your chicken breast into pieces, and spray your cooking spray into a large pan and place over a high heat.

Next add the chicken and onion into the pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Next add the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato puree, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and dried mixed herbs and mix well together.


Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low, leave to simmer for 12-15 minutes.

Give the dish a stir and increase the hear to medium-high, cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Turn off the heat and you're ready to serve.

I was pleasantly surprised with this recipe and I was even more pleasantly surprised that Skye enjoyed it too, which I didn't think she would as when it comes to meals she can be rather a picky eater. I think this recipe would be perfect served over mash potatoes, with fries/chips or with potato wedges, which as you can see is what I served it with. I was rather proud of my wedges too as they were homemade, which were really simple to make. My only fault was I forgot to reduce the heat meaning my sauce reduced quite a lot but it still tasted really nice either way.
If you want to follow the Swimming World recipe and add the red, green and yellow peppers and the sugar snap peas then head to the Diet Cola Chicken Recipe.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment