Monday 8 January 2018

VIXX LR - Whisper

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



Edit: This post was scheduled to be released December 18th and due to the heartbreaking news of SHINee's JongHyun's passing I decided not to post it, to be honest I was too heartbroken to post anything that week and the times I did post were SHINee related.

Today's post has been delayed quite a while and was meant to be posted a few months back but I'm back with more from VIXX but this time it's from their sub-unit group VIXX LR, which is members Leo and Ravi. Looking back at my past posts I've just realised I've never shared with you their first mini album, today we're starting with their latest comeback Whisper which is LR's 2nd mini album.

On the 19th of July Jellyfish Entertainment announced that VIXX LR would be making a comeback in August, making it 2 years since the unit's debut.
On the 14th of August VIXX LR 2nd Mini Album 'Whisper' trailer was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 21st of August the 2nd Mini Album 'Whisper' Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 24th of August the M/V teaser was released for title track Whisper.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 28th of August their 2nd mini album Whisper was released both digitally and physically along with the release of the M/V for their title track Whisper.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
VIXX LR held a comeback showcase on the 28th of August through the V Live App, promotions for Whisper then began on the 19th of August on SBS' The Show, with promotions ending in September.
On the 14th of September the Whisper Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment

Ravi wrote and co-composed Whisper, Chocolatier and Today and both Leo and Ravi co-wrote 아름다운 밤에 (Beautiful Night) and feeling with Leo co-composing both of the tracks.

Whisper peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.91 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.2 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
78,841+
Oricon Sales:
630+
Totalling 79,471+ copies sold.
The M/V for Whisper has gained 2,443,006 million views through their official YouTube Channel RealVIXX and 498,787 thousand views through CJENMMUSIC Official's YouTube channel, giving the M/V 2,941,793 millions views.

Whisper is set out with the Cd case and booklet placed inside a slipcase, the Cd case is plain, black with just the LR logo, with the Cd also being black. The booklet's cover is the same as the albums cover but showing off a full body image instead of a close-up. The styling for Whisper is completely different from Beautiful Liar but follows the vibe that Whisper gives off, the styling seems to be more R&B/Hip-Hop. The album comes with 2 film cards (Red & Blue), a sticker sheet and a random photocard.

Track List:
Whisper
아름다운 밤에 (Beautiful Night)
Feeling
Chocolatier
Today
Whisper (Inst.)



























I was really excited when I saw that LR were making a comeback, I wasn't a Starlight when they made their debut but on first listen I was in love with Beautiful Liar, I also think it was Beautiful Liar that helped seal Ravi being my VIXX bias. I love how completely different Whisper is to Beautiful Liar showing how musically both Leo and Ravi have grown, I also love that LR always release music that sounds different to what VIXX release as a group. I love the design and layout of the album, I especially love that the film cards uncover pictures that have been mixed into one another. Personally for me Whisper seems to be a sexy and sultry album, giving it a more mature sound.
Check out the albums tracks below.

아름다운 밤에 (Beautiful Night)

Chocolatier

Today

Feeling


Whisper

I questioned myself on whether I thought Whisper was better than Beautiful Liar but the albums are too different for me to compare them, it's like comparing BTS and EXO against one another, neither is better than the other as they release completely different songs and concepts as well as giving out different messages with their music. I hope we don't have to wait another 2 years for VIXX LR to make a comeback as I look forward to what music they will release next, I also look forward to VIXX making a return.

Which VIXX LR album do you prefer?
What do you think to Whisper?
Which is your favourite track from the mini album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment