Monday 9 September 2024

Super Junior - This Is Love

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


This Is Love is Super Junior's 6th reissued album and is a reissues of their 7th full length album Mamacita.
On the 16th of October 2014, it was announced that Super Junior would be releasing a special version album called This Is Love.
On the 20th of October 2014, the This Is Love X 백일몽 (Evanesce) M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 22nd of October 2014, the This Is Love M/V was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 27th of October 2014, the 백일몽 (Evanesce) M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their This Is Love album.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Heechul co-wrote on the track This Is Love.
Siwon co-wrote and co-compose on the track Don't Leave Me.
Donghae co-wrote and co-composed on the track Shirt.
Eunhyuk and Heechul co-wrote on the track 환절기 (Mid Season).

This Is Love peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart (then Gaon), No.11 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.39 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circle Sales (Gaon) =  151,935+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for This Is Love has so far gained 36,127,433 million views, with the views still continuing to increase.
The M/V for 백일몽 (Evanesce) has so far gained 22,843,530 million views, with the views still continuing to increase.

This Is Love was released in 10 member versions: T, H, I, S, I, S, L, O, V, E.
All versions are set out in a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd and photo book.

Track List:
This Is Love (Stage Ver.)
Hit Me Up
Mamacita (아야야)
춤을 춘다 (Midnight Blues)
Don't Leave Me
중 (...ing)
백일몽 (Evanesce)
사랑이 멎지 않게 (Raining Spell For Love)
Shirt
Let's Dance
Too Many Beautiful Girls
환절기 (Mid-season)
Islands


















I have Siwon's version of the album, and I love the little look back in the photobook of the career.
The album itself is really good, I actually forgot how good this album is. Each track really showcases Super Junior.

I absolutely adore the melody for This Is Love. This is definitely one of my favourite Super Junior tracks. I love how catchy the chorus is, and even if I've not listened to a while, the song comes flowing back like it was yesterday.
This Is Love

As soon as the melody started for Hit Me Up the song came flooding back to me. I love how different this song sounds and how it really suits Super Junior as a whole.
Hit Me Up

I love how Mamacita (아야야) mixes up the sound, it starts off sounding like it's from an era like the 30's and changes up to a more modern sound. For me this is still such an iconic Super Junior title track as it signalled the return of both Heechul and Leeteuk after their military service.
Mamacita (아야야)

I love the melody for 춤을 춘다 (Midnight Blues), it's such a stunning mid-tempo ballad. I love their voices in this song too. Super Junior are a group of different unique vocalists that blend together perfectly.
춤을 춘다 (Midnight Blues)

I remember I was in love with Don't Leave Me from the very first listen. This song is stunning, especially the chorus. It's scary to think that I've been in love with this song for 10 years.
Don't Leave Me

As expected from Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung 중 (...ing) is a stunning ballad. The melody is stunning and their vocals are perfection.
중 (...ing)

 I absolutely love 백일몽 (Evanesce), this song is stunning. I've been in love with this song since it's release. The melody along with the vocals are just stunning and I think they all get their chance to show that they're all amazing vocalists. It's songs like this one that make me miss Sungmin and Kangin's vocals in their songs.
백일몽 (Evanesce)

The main part of 사랑이 멎지 않게 (Raining Spell For Love) that always sticks in my mind is the chorus, I love it. I also love the changes between vocals and raps.
사랑이 멎지 않게 (Raining Spell For Love)

From the first listen of this album 10 years ago Shirt stood and and just from seeing the tracks name brings it all back. It's still as catchy as I remember it.
Shirt

I love how upbeat and catchy Let's Dance is. It's a song that makes me want to dance.
Let's Dance

Too Many Beautiful Girls is another song that I remember straight from the track name. It gives me late 90's early 00's boyband vibes. It also gives me One Direction vibes with the melody. It's just a fun and upbeat track.
Too Many Beautiful Girls
Hyukshi

As soon as 환절기 (Mid-season) started it took me back to the first time listening to this album. I love the melody.
환절기 (Mid-season)
Hyukshi

Islands is stunning song to close the album with. This is a stunning ballad that allows the members to show how amazing they all are vocally. Listening to this song brings it all back to me, it's like I still listen to this song and album everyday.
Islands

I may not listen to Super Junior as much as I used to, but whenever I listen to their albums like this one, it takes me back and makes me feel like I still listen to them everyday. It's sad to think that this album was Sungmin's last with the group since getting married and going on hiatus from the group, making it 10 years since we've seen him perform with the group. Kangin seems to be doing a lot better since going on hiatus from the group since his 2nd DUI as well as his assault scandal/charge. I think it really shows that given the time idols can change the way they act. It seemed to be a dark period in his life and it looks like he could be making a return to the music scene. I'm all for allowing idols to try again to a certain extent, especially if they are willing to see what they have done wrong, make amends and change for the better, which to me seems he has done.
I love that the group still continue to make and release albums, and I don't think they'll be stopping any time soon.

What were your thoughts on This Is Love?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on This Is Love and 백일몽 (Evanesce) as the title tracks?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment