Monday 26 February 2024

THE ROSE - DUAL

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Rose is a South Korean indie rock band under their own company Windfall and partnered up with Transparent Arts.
They debuted in 2017, under the company J&Star, in February 2020, the band filed a lawsuit against their company to terminate their exclusive contracts. When an agreement was made, Windfall was born.
The Rose consists of 4 members:
Woosung
Google Images

Dojoon
Google Images

Hajoon
Google Images

Jaehyeong
Google Images

DUAL is their 2nd full length album.
On the 17th of July 2023, the Back To Me Teaser was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 21st of July 2023, the Back To Me M/V was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 25th of July 2023, the Alive Teaser was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 28th of July 2023, the Alive M/V was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 21st of August 2023, the You're Beautiful Teaser was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 25th of August 2023, the You're Beautiful M/V was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 18th of September 2023, the DUAL: Second Full Length Album Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 22nd of September 2023, their 2nd full length album DUAL was released physically and digitally.
On the 8th of November 2023, the Wonder Teaser was released.
Owned by Windfall
On the 10th of November 2023, the Wonder M/V was released.
Owned by Windfall

The Rose members wrote, composed and produced the album.

DUAL peaked at No.8 on the Circle Albums Chart and No.83 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
Circle Sales = 52,058+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Back To Me has so far gained 31,608,327 million views, the M'V for Alive has so far gained 9,108,569 million views, the M/V for You're Beautiful has so far gained 11,036,474 million views, and the M/V for Wonder has so far gained 3,245,873 million views. Each M/V is gaining more views each day.

DUAL was released in 4 versions: 2 Deluxe - Dusk & Dawn and 2 Jewel case - Dusk & Dawn.
The Deluxe versions are set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photobook, lyric book, lenticular postcard, sticker pack, foldout poster and 2 random polaroid photo cards.
The Jewel case versions are set out in the typical jewel case and comes with the Cd, photo & lyric book, sticker pack and 2 random polaroid photo cards.
Photo books for all versions are different.

Track List
Dawn
You're Beautiful
Nauseous
Back To Me
Lifeline
Dusk
Angel (Feat. Trevor Daniel)
Eclipse
Alive
Cosmo
Wonder












































I've known of THE ROSE for a while, but it wasn't till last year that I decided to sit down and really check out their music, something which I wish I'd done sooner.
I have the Dusk Deluxe version and I love the packaging as well as the layout. I Love the photobook, it gives me high end fashion magazine vibes. I love that the photo's are in black and white.
The album itself is really good, each track is different, and each track is really catchy, I've had it on repeat quite a lot.

I love Dawn, if it doesn't give you feelings of watching the sunset, then there something wrong. It makes me feel like a whole new day is starting and yesterdays problems are gone.
Dawn

I love how Dawn blends into You're Beautiful. I love how mellow this track is, the melody is stunning and their vocals are stunning.
You're Beautiful

I have to say that Nauseous is one of my favourite b-sides on this album. I've been in love with this song, since my first listen. I did laugh the first time as I was expecting the chorus as for me it sounds so cute. This was definitely the first song I learnt the lyrics for and I can't wait to see them perform it live. I could listen to this track on repeat all day.
Nauseous

Another song I can't wait to see live is Back To Me. There's something about this song that I think it will forever be one of those songs that will make people go wild once it starts. For me this is one of those songs that no matter how many years pass, it will age well. This song is the reason why I decided to check out this album. I've also played it that many times at work, that other people now love this song.
Back To Me

Lifeline is another song on this album that I love, Dojoon and Woosung's vocals on this track are just perfection. The melody is stunning.
Lifeline

I love Dusk, it leads perfectly into the nest few songs. It does give me end of day vibes.
Dusk

Trevor Daniel fits in perfectly with Woosung and Dojoon on Angel, the 3 of them compliment each other in this track. The melody is stunning and compliments all their vocal tones.
Angel (Feat, Trevor Daniel)

No matter how many times I listen to Eclipse, my foot automatically taps along with the beat. There's something about this song that just pulls me in. It makes me stop and really listen.
Eclipse

I absolutely love Alive, but it's one of those songs that the more I listen to it the more I fall in love with it. I think if any song was going to take you on a journey, it's this one. I love how it changes up. When singers have amazing vocals, I don't tend to be a fan of effects or auto tune being used, but this song makes it work. I really hope they sing this song in London.
Alive

For me, I just know that Cosmo will be that party track of their concert, it's one of those songs that makes you get up, let loose and feel free. I love everything about this song. For me this is one of those songs that shows no matter where you are, we're all looking at the same sky.
Cosmo

The main song I want to see live is Wonder. I love the melody, for me this song was created for Dojoon. I think when people think of The Rose, they think of Woosung because he has such a unique voice, but they're missing out on how amazing Dojoon is. The more I listen to this the more I think it will make me cry is they play it live in London. And I'll be gutted if the crowd doesn't sing louder than them in the group vocals. Just everything about this song screams masterpiece. There's no better song to end this album with.
Wonder

For someone that I hadn't listened to a The Rose album before, this is definitely an amazing album to begin with, so much so, it made an appearance in my Top 20 K-pop Albums of 2023. As I've mentioned in some of the songs, I'm going to see them play in London, and I can't wait. I have my lightstick ready to go and I'm ready to officially join the black roses. I'm now in the process of checking out their past releases, which is making me regret not checking them out any sooner.

Were you a fan of DUAL?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) do you have?
What were your thoughts on Back To Me, Alive, You're Beautiful & Wonder being picked as singles from the album?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment