Monday 29 January 2024

Stray Kids - ★★★★★ (5-Star)

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


★★★★★ (5-Star) is Stray Kids' 3rd full length album.
On the 27th of April 2023, the ★★★★★ (5-Star) Trailer was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of May 2023, the Unveil: Track 1 "DLC" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 11th of May 2023, the Unveil: Track 2 "FNF" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th of May 2023, the Unveil: Track 3 "죽어보자 (Get Lit) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 18th of May 2023, the Unveil: Track 4 "TOPLINE" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 21st of May 2023, the Unveil: Track 5 "Youtiful" was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 25th of May 2023, the 5-Star Mashup Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 28th of May 2023, the 특 (S-Class) M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 29th of May 2023, the 특 (S-Class) M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 2nd of June 2023, the M/V for 특 (S-Class) was released, along with the physical and digital release release of their 3rd full length album 5-Star.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 11th of June 2023, the DLC Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th if June 2023, the FNF Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 18th of June 2023, the 죽어보자 (Get Lit) Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 21st of June 2023, the Topline Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of July 2023, the Youtiful Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

특 (S-Class) won Stray Kids 6 music show trophies, winning 2 on Show Champion, 2 on M Countdown and 2 on Music Bank.

3racha (Bang Chan, Han and Changbin) wrote the lyrics for 위인전 (Hall of Fame), 특 (S-Class), Item, The Sound and Mixtape: Time Out. 3racha also co-composed on the tracks.
Bang Chan, Changbin, Han and Felix wrote the lyrics for Super Bowl, with 3racha also co-composing.
3racha wrote the lyrics for Topline along with featuring artist Tiger JK, they also co-composed on the track.
Changbin co-wrote and co-composed track DLC.
Han wrote the lyrics for 죽어보자 (Get Lit) and 충돌 (Collision), he also com-composed on the tracks.
Bang Chan and Felix wrote the lyrics for FNF and also co-composed.
Bang Chan wrote the lyrics for Youtiful as well as co-composing on the track.

5-Star peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.2 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.40 on the UK Official Albums Chart, No.1 on the Billboard 200 Chart and No.1 on the Billboard  World Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 5,239,396+
Oricon Sales = 206,582+
US Sales = 389,000+
Giving the album a total of 5,834,978+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 특 (S-Class) has so far gained 156,611,227 million views, with the views still continuing to rapidly increase on a daily basis.

5-Star was released in 12 versions: 3 standard versions; A,B &C. a limited version and 8 member digipak versions.
The standard versions are set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random mini poster, sticker set, cartoon postcard and 2 random photo cards.
The limited version is set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random mini poster, sticker set, cartoon postcard, 2 random photo cards, random special folded poster and a B-cut film postcard.
Pre-orders for the standard and limited versions also came with a random B-cut film mini photo book and folded poster.
The digipak versions are set out in a card case and comes with the Cd, member based photo book, lyrics paper, mini folded poster and a random photo card.
The photo books for all versions are different.

Track List
위인전 (Hall of Fame)
특 (S-Class)
Item
Super Bowl
Topline (Feat. Tiger JK)
DLC
죽어보자 (Get Lit)
충돌 (Collision)
FNF
Youtiful
The Sound (Korean Ver.)
Mixtape: Time Out


























































I have the limited version and I love the colours used in the cover, it makes it stand out. The layout of the album is pretty basic, but I love the photo book and I love that all the inclusions are all together in an envelope.
The album itself is amazing, it keeps to what we know and love from Stray Kids, while still giving us something we've never seen from them before.

I love the intro for 위인전 (Hall of Fame), it kind of gives me super hero vibes. I love how the track changes throughout the verses and choruses. It definitely gives me the feeling that it was made more for the rappers of the group and I love it.
위인전 (Hall of Fame)

While I love 특 (S-Class), I wouldn't say it was my favourite title track that they released in 2023, but I still prefer it over some of their other title tracks. I love how the track changes up throughout.
특 (S-Class)

The intro to Item makes me think of old video games so it gives me a bit of a retro feel, but then the beat kicks in and it goes all modern sounding. Showing how Stray Kids can make the past and present work so well together. It also makes me think of 땡 (FREEZE).
Item

Whenever I see Super Bowl's name I automatically sing it in the style of Super Board. I love the chorus for this track and I love the mixture of whispering part of the chorus. I love the contrast between the raps and vocals.
Super Bowl

Topline (Feat. Tiger JK) is definitely one of my favourite tracks from this album. For me this is a song where they wanted to try something new. Bang Chan made a comment on how he thought JYP had allowed Xdinary Heroes to swear on one of their tracks, when it was just a play on words. So seeing Stray Kids being able to add something similar, shows the trust the company has in the group.
Topline (Feat. Tiger JK)

DLC is another of my favourite tracks form this album, it reminds me of that Stray Kids sound while still giving us something new. I love the vocals in this track, it fits all their vocal tones and strengths perfectly.
DLC

The main thing I love about 죽어보자 (Get Lit), is the melody, there's just something about it that pulls me in.
죽어보자 (Get Lit)

For me 충돌 (Collision) is the least sounding Stray Kids song on this album. I don't I would have expected something like this from them, which is why I love it. It's more vocal based, which I think people tend to forget while they have strong rappers, they're also strong vocalists.
충돌 (Collision)

FNF is another of my favourite tracks from this album. I love the melody, the vocals and the raps. While I don't tend to love much auto tune used in songs, it works perfectly in this one. It also gives me earlier Stray Kids vibes, it gives me Miroh era vibes, which could be why I love it so much as that's the era I became a fan.
FNF

A stunning song on this album is Youtiful. No matter how many times I listen to this song, it brings tears to my eyes. For me this song makes me feel insanely proud of how far Stray Kids have come and I love that it's in English, it's obvious it's a song for STAY. Each member shines with their vocals and it's the best I've heard them vocally.
I hope I can see this song live one day.
Youtiful

THE SOUND (Korean Ver.) makes me think of the sound monster that we saw be brought up in a couple of the videos, but was never really explained or made sense. What I love about their Japanese releases, is that they have a different vibe to their Korean releases, they have more of an anime vibe and feel. So I always love that they add Korea versions to their albums.
THE SOUND (Korean Ver.)

One thing I love about Stray kids is that each album has mixtape tracks, and this album is no different, having Mixtape: Time Out. It gives me summer vibes and it's so upbeat and bright, that it can lift any mood.
Mixtape: Time Out

While this album may not have been my favourite release of 2023 from them, it's still an album that made an impact and I loved listening to it. They get better with each release and they always add songs that are stunning, meaningful, as well as badass and songs you can't help but dance and vibe to.

Were you a fan of ★★★★★ (5-Star)?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on 특 (S-Class) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment