Monday 3 July 2023

NCT - NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 2

Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's taken me nearly 3 years to get my hands on this album and post about it, but it's finally here.
NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 2 is the 2nd part of NCT's 2nd full length album as a whole group.



On the 16th of November 2020, the Departure Teaser Image 1 were released.






On the 17th of November 2020, the Departure Teaser Image 2 were released.





On the 18th of November 2020, the Departure Teaser Image 3 were released.






On the 19th of November 2020, the Departure Teaser Image 4 were released.






Also on the 19th of November 2020, the Resonance Pt. 2 Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 20th of November 2020, the 90's Love Teaser Image 1 were released.











On the 21st of November 2020, the 90's Love Teaser Image 2 were released.





On the 22nd of November 2020, the 90's Love M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 23rd of November 2020, the 90's Love M/V was released, along with the digital release of the album and the physical release of the Departure version.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 24th of November 2020, the Arrival Teaser Image 1 were released.


















On the 25th of November 2020, the Arrival Teaser Image 2 were released.














On the 26th of November 2020, the Work It M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Also on the 26th of November 2020, the Work It Teaser Images were released.












On the 27th of November 2020, the Work It M/V was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 30th of November 2020, the Arrival version of the album was physically released.

90's Love wont NCT 2 music show trophies, winning once on The Show and once on Music Bank.

Resonance Pt. 2 peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart and No.3 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 1,594,515+
Oricon Sales = 149,855+
Giving the album a total of 1,744,370+ in total sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 90's Love has so far gained 133,811,097 million views, while the M/V for Work It has so far gained 57,847,113 million views. Views for both M/V's continue to increase on a daily basis.

Resonance Pt. 2 was released in 2 versions: Departure and Arrival.
Both versions are set out in a paperback book style case, and come with the Cd and photo book. The Departure version also comes with a folded poster, sticker sheet, random ID card and a random photo card.
The Arrival version also comes with a folded poster, sticker sheet, random access card and a random photo card.
Photo books for both versions are different, as are the album covers.

Track List
90's Love
Misfit
Raise the Roof
Volcano
백열등 (Light Bulb)
Dancing in the Rain
My Everything
Interlude: Past to Present
Make A Wish (Birthday Song)
무대로 (Deja Vu; 舞代路)
月之迷 (Nectar)
Music, Dance
피아노 (Faded In My Last Song)
From Home
From Home (Korean Ver.)
Make A Wish (Birthday Song) (English Ver.)
Interlude: Present to Future
Work It
단잠 (All About You)
I.O.U
Outro: Dream Routine




























































































As I said at the start of the post, it's taken me a while to get my hands on a physical copy of this album and it was definitely worth the wait. I have the Departure version and I love the photo book, it's so bright and cute.
If you want to check out the previous tracks that are on this album, then head to my Resonance Pt. 1 blog post.

I love how old skool 90's Love is, it makes me think of the late 90's boybands. I love the melody and I don't think they could have got a better group of the members to perform it, they all bounce off each other, as well as complimenting each other. It was definitely a good way to introduce Sungchan, his rap is amazing and stands out.
90's Love

For me Raise the Roof is a song that has that NCT style and vibe, I love how the track changes up beats and melodies, typical of that NCT experimental sound. Each time the melody changes up it fits with the vocals and raps perfectly, let's just say this track definitely raises the roof.
Raise the Roof

It's ballad time with My Everything, and I have to say it's sung by 3 vocalists that always stop me in my tracks. For me Taeil, Xiaojun and Renjun compliment each other perfectly, and I love that the melody seems simple, which means their voices stand out so much more. This song is just the perfect song for them, it's stunning.
My Everything

I don't think anything will knock From Home from the top of my favourite NCT tracks, this song is absolutely stunning and while I lean more towards the mixture of Korean, Chinese and Japanese, the Korean Version stands out in it's own right and shines just as much.
From Home (Korean Ver.)

I'm always for English Versions, but I can honestly while I love Make A Wish (Birthday Song) (English Ver.), I definitely lean more towards the Korean. I feel like they just wanted to change it up and add lots of innuendo's to make them seem more sultry and mature.
Make A Wish (Birthday Song) (English Ver.)

I think Interlude: Present to Future connects perfectly to the next section of tracks on the album.
Interlude: Present to Future

There's something about Work It that makes me feel nostalgic, it has elements where it seems the speed of the tempo changes up throughout the track, especially at the chorus. While it may not be one of my favourite title tracks, it takes me right back into the NCT 2020 era, as well as Johnny with his long blonde locks.
Work It

I love the melody for 단잠 (All About You) and I love how the melody changes up between the verses and chorus, it really makes it a stand out track. They picked a perfect balance between the rappers and vocalists
단잠 (All About You)
Zaty Farhani

I love the intro and background melody for I.O.U, it makes me think of the old classic songs, while giving it a modern touch and twist. It's also another song that has the perfect blend and contrast of vocalists and rappers.
I.O.U

I absolutely love Outro: Dream Routine, you just know they'd do an amazing dance break to it.
Outro: Dream Routine

Sadly we never got to see a new unit with Sungchan and Shotaro, instead we've ended up with them leaving NCT, to debut in a whole new and different group in the future. I feel like SM have done this for the purpose that NCTzen's have been waiting a while for them to debut so they'll be able to give the new group fans straight away.
Also before the announcement of Sunchan and Shotaro's departure's we also got the news that Lucas had also left NCT as well as WayV, and he will be pursuing solo projects.
While I'm gutted about all 3 departures, I look forward to see what they bring us in the future.
We've also had the announcement that the next unit will be the final NCT unit, so there will be no more unit's or new members after this unit.
I look forward to see what NCT bring us next, but we also draw closer to the members beginning to enlist.

Were you a fan of Resonance Pt. 2?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on 90's Love and Work It as the title tracks?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment