Monday 31 July 2023

ENHYPEN - Dark Blood

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Dark Blood is ENHYPEN's 4th mini album, it as a vampire theme, in line with their webtoon; Dark Moon: The Blood Altar.
On the 24th of April 2023, Belift Lab announced that ENHYPEN would be making a comeback.
On the 1st of May 2023, the Dark Blood Concept Trailer was released.
Owned Be:Lift
On the 18th of May 2023, the Dark Blood Album Preview was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 19th of May 2023, the Bite Me M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 21st of May 2023, the Bite Me M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 22nd of May 2023, the Bite Me M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of Dark Blood.
Owned by Be:Lift

Heeseung described the album as having an unconventional sound.

Dark Blood sold more than 1.1 million copes on it's first day alone, surpassing the sales of their previous release.

Bite Me won ENHYPEN 2 music show trophies winning on Music Bank and M Countdown.

Bite Me peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.70 on the UK Downloads Album Chart, No.2 on the Billboard World Albums Chart and No.4 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
Circle Sales = 1,669,194+
Oricon Sales = 179,850+
US Sales = 85,000+
Giving the album a total of 1,934,044+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Bite Me has so far gained 49,936,977 million views, with the views still rapidly increasing, on a daily basis.

Dark Blood was released with 10 versions; Full, Half, New and 7-member Engene versions.
The Full, Half and New versions are set out in a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random postcard, sticker sheet, poster with lyrics, bookmark, random photo card and a random message photo card.
The Engene versions are set out in a hardback book style case with a dust cover and comes with the Cd, random member photo book, sticker, postcard, random concept photo card and a random photo card.
Photo books for all versions are different.

Track List
Fate
Bite Me
Sacrifice (Eat Me Up)
Chaconne
Bills
Karma























I have an Engene copy of the album and I was shocked when I was lucky enough to pull my bias Jake's version. It's very rare I pull anything bias related when it comes to stuff like this, even with photo cards. Jake's been my favourite since their time on I-LAND, my votes never came off his name, even when it was one last vote. So as you can guess, I was extremely happy when I removed the dust cover and saw Jake.
The album is a little smaller than I was expecting, and the photo book is stunning, I definitely love the dark and eerie concept.
The songs themselves are amazing, this is definitely my favourite release of theirs so far, all the tracks blend and connect together perfectly.

I love the melody for Fate, I love that we get some kind of narration and story with each opening track from ENHYPEN, and this track is definitely up there as one of my favourites. Their vocals with the melody is stunning. It also connects perfectly to the next track.
Fate

I feel like I say this with every ENHYPEN title track, but, Bite Me is definitely my favourite so far. I've been hooked on this song since it's release, I've had it on repeat so much. The melody, the vocals, the raps, for me this song is just perfection and it's a sound that that suits them so well. I'd only listened to it a few times and it was stuck in my head, even now it randomly comes to mind and I start singing it. My only criticism is that it's just too short.
Bite Me

If a song could sound like it has a vampire concept, then that song is definitely Sacrifice (Eat Me Up). This song definitely has a more mature and sultry style and vibe, it's not something I think I would hear ENHYPEN do so early in their career, but they were born for this song. For me this is Let Me In (20 Cube)'s older brother.
Sacrifice (Eat Me Up)

Chaconne has such a dark vibe, when it's starts. but as it proceeds to the chorus it brightens slightly, while still keeping it's dark vibe, giving it an eerie sound. It fits all their vocal tones perfectly.
Chaconne

Bills for me, is the only track that has a brighter vibe, I wouldn't think it had come from an album that has a vampire concept. But yet again the way they fit their voices to fit with the notes of the melody is stunning.
Bills

I think the most youthful sounding track and fits to their ages perfectly is Karma. There's something about this track that screams young adults. You just know that when they perform this track, they'll have the most fun. It's such a carefree and fun sounding track.
Karma

This is definitely ENHYPEN's best album to be released so far. You can tell that they've really improved since their debut, they sound so much more stable in live performances and you can really tell how much stronger they are in their voices, especially for me Jay, Jake and Ni-Ki.
I always wonder how they're going to top their previous comeback, and they always seem to blow my mind with each one.
I can't wait to see what they come back with next.

Were you a fan of Dark Blood?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Bite Me as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment