Monday 13 March 2023

VIXX - Boys' Record

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Boys Record is VIXX's 5th single album overall and their 1st ever special remake album.
On the 11th of February 2015, it was revealed that VIXX would be releasing R.ef's "Farewell Formula" as the title track for their special single album.
On the 13th of February 2015, the 이별공식 (Love Equation) Pre Teaser was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 20th of February 2015, the 이별공식 (Love Equation) Teaser was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 24th of February 2015, the 이별공식 (Love Equation) M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of special single album Boys Record.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment

이별공식 (Love Equation) won VIXX a total of 8 trophies through music show wins, winning 3 times on The Show, gaining them their first triple crown, they also one once on Show Champion, once on M Countdown, once on Music Bank, once on Show! Music Core and once on Inkigayo.

Ravi wrote the rap for title track 이별공식 (Love Equation).
Ravi wrote and composed tack Memory.
Leo and Ravi wrote the lyrics for track 차가운 밤에 (On a Cold Night), with Leo composing the track.

Boys Record peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart and No.9 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circles Sales = 107,173+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 이별공식 (Love Equation) has so far gained 5,422,667 million views, with the views still slowly increasing on a daily basis.

Boys Record is set out in  hardback book style case with a slipcase and comes with the Cd, photo book, a random photo and a random photo card.

Track List:
이별공식 (Love Equation)
차가운 밤에 (On a Cold Night)
Memory
이별공식 (Love Equation) (Inst.)






































I love the photo book for this album because it really shows off their youthful side and I love how bright it is.
This album contains 3 amazing tracks that shows off their skills as a group as well as composers and lyricists.

I love the melody for 이별공식 (Love Equation), this song in general just makes me feel happy and youthful. I think it gives you such an intense feeling of motivation that I always end up dancing along, it makes me feel like I have no worries. I also think when you compare it to their 1st 2 title tracks, it's a more mature sounding cute concept, which I think suits VIXX so much more.
이별공식 (Love Equation)

I love the melody for 차가운 밤에 (On a Cold Night) it really showcases their vocal tones perfectly. It's such a stunning ballad, that feels very nostalgic, I think it also sounds like the perfect drama OST song. I could listen to them sing this song all day.
차가운 밤에 (On a Cold Night)

I could listen to Memory all day, while it showcases Ravi's rap really well, for me it's Hyuk that shines. I think Hyuk's vocals are really underrated, even though he's not the strongest of vocalists, his voice is stunning, I could easily listen to him all day, everyday. I think emotion is shown in both the vocals and rap as well as the melody itself.
Memory

The contrast between the songs on this single album is stunning, I think it shows perfectly how unique, versatile and talented VIXX are, I think it's sad to think that they will always be one of those groups that will remain as underrated even though they deserve to be so much more popular than they ever were.

Were you a fan of Boys' Record?
Do you have a physical copy?
Were you a fan of 이별공식 (Love Equation) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment