Monday 28 November 2022

KINGDOM - History of Kingdom: Part IV. Dann

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann is the 4th instalment in KINGDOM's History of Kingdom album series and it's the final album with member Chiwoo, as on May 25th 2022, it was announced that for personal reasons, he had left both the group and the company.

From the 21st to the 27th of February 2022, the Individual Concept Photo's #1 and #2 were released.






On the 2nd of March 2022, the Group Concept Photo #1 and #2 were released.

On the 4th of March 2022, the History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann Visual Film was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
From the 6th to the 7th of March 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #3 were released.



On the 8th of March 2022, the Group Concept Photo #3 was released.
On the 11th of March 2022, the 승천 (Ascension) M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 14th of March 2022, the History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann Track List was released, then on the 15th of March 2022, the Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 31st of March 2022, the 승천 (Ascension) M/V was finally released, along with the physical and digital release of their 4th mini album.
Owned by GF Entertainment
History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann was originally set for release on the 17th of March, but was postponed due to both Arthur and Mujin testing positive for Covid-19

Both Dann and Mujin wrote the lyrics for Blinder and Illusion.

History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann peaked at No.10 on the Circle Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 43,500+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 승천 (Ascension) has so far gained 2,828,133 million views, with the views continuing to increase slowly.

History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann was released in 2 versions: Shadow and Glory.
Both versions are set out in a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, calendar set and a random photo card.
First press also had the chance of a bonus hidden photo card.
The photo books for both versions are different as are the album covers with the Shadow version being dark blue and the Glory version being gold/yellow.

Track List:
Intro: 宫 (Palace)
승천 (Ascension)
Blinder
Illusion
Appetite
단심가 (Promise)
승천 (Ascension) (Inst.)































I have the Glory version and I love the colours, the pictures don't do it justice. I love the layout of the album and I especially love the photo book, the pictures are stunning, as always everything is aesthetically pleasing.
The album itself is one of my favourite's from KINGDOM, each track shows a different side to the group, showing yet again how versatile they are.

How stunning is Intro: 宫 (Palace), it makes me think of the Korean historical drama's I've watched. It's such a stunning intro that never fails to take my breath away. The below video is an extended version.
Intro: 宫 (Palace)

승천 (Ascension) is definitely one of my favourite KINGDOM title tracks, the melody is stunning, the chorus is catchy and the vocals and raps are on point. I was in love with track as soon as I heard it. That final section of the song just blew me away too.
승천 (Ascension)

I love the melody for Blinder, this song is so catchy that I was in love from the first listen, I always find myself singing along.
Blinder

Whenever I hear Illusion, I forget it's a KINGDOM song, it also reminds me of something that would be released and played on the radio in the UK. I love everything about this song, they harmonize together so well.
Illusion

Appetite is yet another amazing and catchy track from this album, this is one of the main b-side's I would love to see them perform live. Just from the chorus alone I can't help thinking it's a sultry song, something we've not had from KINGDOM yet. It's a song that never fails to get me singing and dancing along.
Appetite

I love that the final song is 단심가 (Promise), this song is stunning and never fails to make me feel emotional. For me this song is right up there with Night Air as one of my favourite KINGDOM b-side tracks. While I love KINGDOM's upbeat tracks, their ballads are stunning, their vocals and harmonisations is why I love KINGDOM so much.
단심가 (Promise)

 KINGDOM have yet again knocked it out of the park with another amazing album, I was gutted when I saw the news that Chiwoo had left the group, it's sad knowing that this is his last album with the group, but I wish him all the best for his future and whatever he may do. 
On the 31st of August we were introduced to Hwon who would be joining the group, I've never looked at him as if he was replacing Chiwoo, he's just merely being given the opportunity and chance to debut, and KINGDOM is an amazing group to be give that opportunity with, from what I've seen so far he's talented and he has an amazing voice, and as a Kingmaker, I'll happily accept him and I can't wait to watch him grow as a member.

Were you a fan of History of Kingdom: Part 4. Dann?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on 승천 (Ascension) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment