Monday 10 October 2022

Golden Child - Wish

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Golden Child are a South Korean 10-member boy group formed by Woollim Entertainment and they debuted in August 2017. The group originally had 11 members but member Jaeseok left the group for health reasons in early 2018
The members are:
Daeyeol
Google Images

Y
Google Images

Jangjun
Google Images

Tag
Google Images

Seungmin
Google Images

Jaehyun
Google Images

Jibeom
Google Images

Donghyun
Google Images

Joochan
Google Images

Bomin
Google Images

Wish is Golden Child's 3rd mini album.
On the 14h of October 2018, the Comeback Teaser was released.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
On the 20th of October 2018, the Genie Teaser (Short Ver.) was released.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
On the 24th of October 2018, the M/V for Genie was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd mini album Wish.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment

Lee Jangjun and Tag co-wrote on lyrics for 너 (Eyes On You), 너만 보인다 (I See U), 들어봐 줄래 (Listen), 넌 모를 거야 (YTMOB(You Turn Me On Baby)), Would U Be My and title track Genie.

Wish peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.19 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 45,307+
Oricon Sales = 8,328+
Giving the album a total of 53,635+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Genie has so far gained 1,718,089 million views, the views still continue to increase on a daily basis.

Wish was released in 2 versions: A & B.
Both versions are set out in a large paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, a random member 16-page special booklet and a random member photo card.
The photo books for both versions are different, as are the album covers.

Track List:
Wish
Genie
너 (Eyes On You)
너만 보인다 (I See U)
들어봐 줄래 (Listen)
넌 모를 거야 (YTMOB(You Turn Me On Baby))
Would U Be My























































I have the A version of the album, I've known of Golden Child since their debut but it's not been till the last year/year and half that I've been interested in listening to their title tracks, especially since Genie kept coming onto my Daily Mix 1 quite a lot. Then back on the 30thof August, I got to see them live at the MIK Festival in London and it made me even more interested in both their music and the group itself. So when I came across this album in the shop I had to have it in my collection.
I love the photo book for this version, it looks like a fashion magazine, the setting for the pictures, makes the pictures even more stunning. I also can't get over how big the album actually is too.
The album itself is really good, I love that each track is difference, while still keeping to the concept that they wanted to show through this album.

I love the Wish intro for the album, you know just from the intro that it's going to be cheerful and upbeat and I think it leads perfectly into the next track.

I have to say Genie is one of my favourite Golden Child songs, I've been obsessed with this song since I first heard it and I was gutted when they didn't perform it at MIK. I love the melody, the vocals and the raps. The chorus is so catchy and I love how upbeat the whole song is, whenever it comes on it never fails to get me singing along.
Genie

너 (Eyes On You) gives me early noughties vibes, it kind of reminds me of the songs that got played in the clubs when I was younger out partying. I absolutely love this song, it makes me regret not checking out this album earlier. The chorus is so catchy.
너 (Eyes On You)

I get such autumn feels from 너만 보인다 (I See U), I love that the tempo comes down slightly but still sounds such a bright and cheerful track.
너만 보인다 (I See U)

While I love upbeat tracks, I love when they slow it down too, which is why I love 들어봐 줄래 (Listen), while I've known Golden Child for a while, it wasn't till actually seeing them live that I realised how vocally talented all the members are, and this track shows that.
들어봐 줄래 (Listen)

The tempo is brought back up with 넌 모를 거야 (YTMOB(You Turn Me On Baby)), the melody really makes me feel it's a song they would sing at the end of their concert. While I can't say it's a favourite track from the album it definitely stands out and continues with the concept of the album. The raps and vocals though, as to be expected are on point.
넌 모를 거야 (YTMOB(You Turn Me On Baby))

Would U Be My is the perfect track to end the album with, it's slow and sweet and shows off their vocals perfectly. This is one of those songs that I would love to see them sing live. This is definitely one of my favourite tracks on this album.
Would U Be My

I think Wish is a perfect album to buy as my first Golden Child album and I definitely think I'll be buying their other albums too.
Seeing them perform live really helped me in wanting to listen to them more even with the 2 members I know being absent, with Daeyeol doing his military service and Tag taking a hiatus from overseas schedules.
I've really loved their recent comeback and album and it's on my stand out albums list.
I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next and I can't wait to properly check out all their past releases, as you may have guessed I'm already familiar with their title tracks.

Were you a fan of Wish?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Genie as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment