Monday 4 July 2022

DAY6 - The Book of Us: Gravity

Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Book of Us: Gravity is DAY6's fifth mini album, and the first album in their The Book of Us album series.
On the 29th of June 2019, The Book of Us Prologue Film was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 1st of July 2019, it was announced that the album would be called The Book of Us: Gravity. Then on the 5th of July 2019, the Individual Artwork images were released.


Between the 6th and 10th of July 2019, the Individual teaser images were released.







On the 11th of July 2019, the Group teaser images were released.

On the 12th of July 2019, the M/V Teaser was released for title track 한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life).
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 13th of July 2019, the The Book of Us: Gravity Album Sampler was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 15th of July 2019, the M/V for title track 한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life) was released, along with the physical and digital release of their album The Book of Us: Gravity.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

DAY6 held a "Comeback Live Talk" on the 15th of July through Naver's V Live app.

한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life) won DAY6 2 music shows, winning on both Show Champion and M Countdown.

Young K wrote the lyrics for For Me, How to Love, 돌아갈래요 (Wanna Go back), Best Part and title track 한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life), with Young K, Jae, Sungjin and Wonpil also co-composing the tracks.
Sungjin and Young K wrote the lyrics for 포장 (Cover), with Sungjin, Young K and Wonpil also co-composing on the track.

The Book of Us: Gravity peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.20 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.9 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 60,013+

The M/V for 한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life) has so far gained 12,794,169 million views, with the views still continuing to increase.

The Book of Us: Gravity was released in 2 versions: Soul and Mate, both versions are set out as a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random postcard, random bookmark and a random photocard.

Track List:
For Me
한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life)
How to Love
돌아갈래요 (Wanna Go Back)
포장 (Cover)
Best Part




































I have the Mate version of the album and it's so colourful, I love that it has an arty look within the photo book, making the not only the members but their music be a work of art.
The album itself always makes me feel nostalgic and always makes me feel all summery.

I love the intro for For Me, this is one of those songs that whenever I listen to it, it always makes me think of DAY6. This really is an easy-listening track from DAY6, and is perfect for a relaxing day. It's also tracks like this one that make me realise how nostalgic and soothing their voices are.
For Me

I don't know why, but I always forget about 한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life) as a title track, which is odd because whenever I listen to it, it gets me feeling hyped up, singing and dancing along. I love the melody and I love their harmonisation.
한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life)

I really think the vocals really add to the melody for How to Love, it really reminds me of some of their older songs and takes me back to their Sunrise album, which made me fall in love with DAY6 in the first place.
How to Love

I love the intro melody and the overall melody for 돌아갈래요 (Wanna Go Back), I also love how their vocals really fit and blend with the melody and I absolutely adore the chorus. It's also one of the few songs that we get to hear Dowoon sing and even with his vocals, this track is perfect.
돌아갈래요 (Wanna Go Back)

There's something about the intro for 포장 (Cover), for me the melody has the sound of a lullaby, which is ramped up with their vocals, which is stunning, there's something about this song that makes me feel emotional.
포장 (Cover)
Jaeguchi

There's something about Best Part that makes me think classic rock like Queen, maybe it's the beat in the intro that makes me think of Radio Gaga, but I love how the track adds more to it and showing off DAY6's individual sound, you just know that this song would be amazing to hear and witness live. It's definitely my favourite b-side from this album.
Best Part

This album shows that DAY6 are a really talented and versatile band and no matter how many times I listen to them, they make me feel like I've been listening to them all my life.
I love how easy-listening this album is, you can listen to this album any time of the day. no matter your mood.

Since my last DAY6 post, many things have happened, Sungjin, Young K, Wonpil and Dowoon have all enlisted for their military service, with Sungjin due to be discharged in September, with Young K, Dowoon and Wonpil to be discharged in 2023.
Then on the 31st of December 2021, Jae announced that he would be taking a hiatus from the group, with JYP announcing that his contract had ended due to personal reasons and that he had left the group. Only time will tell if the remaining members will eventually leave JYP and continue with Jae as a member or has his American image done enough damage for them to stay as 4-members.
One thing Jae has made clear is that idol life is not for him, but he still loves creating music, only time will tell what the future has in store for DAY6, and I eagerly await to see what happens and what's instore for them.

Were you a fan of The Book of Us: Gravity?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on 한 페이지가 될 수 있게 (Time of Our Life) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment