Thursday 2 June 2022

Heaven Official's Blessing

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Heaven Official's Blessing is a Chinese Donghua (Chinese animation) based on Mo Xiang Tong Xiu's novel of the same name. The series was written by Chunri Youling and directed by Li Haoling.
The series was first released on Bilibili and funimation on the 31st of October 2020 with a special episode being released on the 14th of February 2021.
The series then began streaming on Netflix on the 9th of April 2021.
The first series has 12 episodes + the bonus episode.

Main Characters:
Xie Lian is voiced by Jiang Guangtao
Google Images

San Lang is voiced by Ma Zhengyang
Google Images

Heavenly Court:
Ling Wen is voiced by Huang Ying
Google Images

General Nan Yang is voiced by Wen Sen
Google Images

Nan Feng is voiced by Wen San
Google Images

General Xuan Zhen is voiced by Hu Liangwei
Google Images

Fu Yao is voiced by Hu Liangwei
Google Images

Shi Qingxuan is voiced by Qiu Qiu (female) and Lu Zhixing (male)
Google Images

Pei Ming is voiced by Tu Xiongfei
Google Images

Pei Su is voiced by Ling Fei
Google Images

Ghosts:
Xuan Ji is voiced by Shan Xin
Google Images

Banyue is voiced by Tao Dian
Google Images

A live action series titled Eternal Faith, has begun production in 2021.
The 2nd season for the Donghua was confirmed in January 2021.

No Parting - Jeff Chang

One Flower, One Sword - Li Xingyi

Never Leave - Isabelle Huang

Red Supreme - Hu Xia

Eight hundred years ago, Xie Lian was the crown prince of the Xianle Kingdom. He was loved by his citizens and was considered the darling of the world. He ascended to the Heavens at a young age; however due to unfortunate circumstances, was quickly banished back to the mortal realm. Years later, he ascends again - only to be banished again a few minutes after his ascension.
Now, eight hundred years later, Xie Lian ascends to the Heavens for the third time as the laughing stock among all three realms. On his first task as a God thrice ascended, he meets a mysterious ghost who rules the ghosts and terrifies the Heavens.
Yet, unbeknownst to Xie Lian, this ghost King has been paying attention to him for a very long time.

I don't know why it never occurred to me that there was Chinese anime shows, and I just casually found Heaven Official's Blessing while looking through Netflix, a quick Google told me it was a BL series and that it was also adapted from a novel of the same name, so I decided to give it a watch and I wasn't disappointed.
The artwork for this series is stunning, even the voice actors fit perfectly for me to their characters and the OST is just as breathtaking.
I absolutely loved this series and keep looking online for news on when season 2 will be released as I can't wait to see Xie Lian's journey continue, you will see that I didn't mention Hua Cheng in the characters further up, while we do seem to meet him a few episodes in, he still remains a mystery through season 1, but I suggest you wait it and especially watch the final episode, as well as the special episode, even though I guessed it from the start, there were times that I was a little confused and was thrown off.
I love that this series has suspense, as well as comedy, I lost count of how many times I was left giggling, especially when it came to Nan Feng and Fu Yao, they're definitely one of my favourite duo's and I hope they'll continue to aid Xie Lian on his missions.
I have started reading the novel and if you're only familiar with the Donghua, I do recommend reading the novel, but be prepared in the fact that volume 1 follows season 1 of the series, so there isn't much more to be learnt, but like with most books, it definitely puts more perspective onto what you may have missed watching the Donghua.

If you haven't I highly recommend watching Heaven Official's Blessing, just for the animation alone, the story itself is just a bonus, I'm even onto my 2nd time watching the series and loving it like the first time.

Google Images

Have you watched season 1 of Heaven Official's Blessing?
Were you a fan of the 1st season?
Have you read the Heaven Official's Blessing novels?
Do you have any favourite characters?
Let me know in the comments below.


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment