Monday 30 May 2022

Wonho - Love Synonym Pt. 2: Right For Us

Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Love Synonym Pt.2: Right For Us is the 2nd instalment in Wonho's Love Synonym album series.
On the 3rd of February 2021, a Coming Soon poster was released announcing Wonho's comeback.
On the 10th of February 2021, the 1st set of Concept Photo's were released.

On the 14th of February 2021, the 2nd set of Concept Photo's were released.

On the 15th of February 2021, the 3rd and final set of Concept Photo's were released.

On the 21st of February 2021, the M/V Teaser was released for title track Lose.
Owned by Highline Entertainment
On the 23rd of February 2021, the Love Synonym Pt.2 Album Preview was released.
Owned by Highline Entertainment
On the 26th of February 2021, the M/V for Lose was released, along with the physical and digital release of Love Synonym Pt. 2: Right For Us.
Owned by Highline Entertainment
On the 21st of April 2021, the Lose Dance Practice was released.
Owned by Highline Entertainment
On the 8th of May 2021, an M/V Teaser was released for album track Ain't About You.
Owned by Highline Entertainment
On the 12th of May 2021, the M/V was released for Ain't About You.
Owned by Highline Entertainment

Wonho co-wrote on the lyrics for Best Shot, Weneed, Flash and title track Lose, he also co-composed on the tracks Best Shot, Weneed, Flash and Outro: And.

Love Synonym Pt. 2: Right For Us peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.27 on the Oricon Albums Chrt and No.62 on the Official UK Download Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 105,084+
Oricon Sales = 2,275+
Giving the album a total of 107,359+ in sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Lose has so far gained 9,747,294 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Love Synonym Pt. 2: Right For Us is released in 3 versions: 1, 2 & 3.
All 3 versions are set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, poster photo, stamp sticker set, and a random photo card.
The first press releases also came with a four-cut photo, a paper ornament, a random bookmark and a random scratch card.
The photo books for all 3 versions are different and the covers are also different shades of blue, continuing on from Love Synonym Pt. 1: Right For Me.

Track List:
Lose
Devil
Best Shot
Weneed
Ain't About You (Feat. Kiiara)
Flash
Lose (English Ver.)
Outro: And


























































































I love that the packaging is simple and I'm glad it wasn't in a packet like his first mini album Love Synonym Part 1: Right For Me, I also love that they kept the colours of the album the same, connecting them together. I love the photo book, but I'd be surprised if I didn't, I love the styling and setting as I think the white background makes Wonho stand out so much more.
The album itself is amazing and continues to show of his vocal skills from his solo debut, it's another great release from Wonho.

I fell in love with Lose as soon as I heard it, I love the melody and I love how soft and subtle Wonho's vocals are in this song, and while I think it has the same style as Open Mind, it definitely gives off a different vibe.
Lose

I think Devil fits Wonho perfectly as for me, even from his MONSTA X days Wonho has been the embodiment of sex appeal and this track screams sultry and sex appeal, allowing him to show that he's more than just his body and image. His voice in this song is breathtaking and I could listen to him seducing me all day everyday.
Devil

Zaty Farhani
I love the beat and melody for Best Shot, it definitely has a different vibe from the previous tracks as well as being more upbeat. I especially love the chorus, and while I don't think his voice is at it's strongest in a higher range, it still pulls it off perfectly.
Best Shot

Just seeing a song called Weneed, I knew it was going to be a fan song as his fandom is called WENEE. I don't think Wonho will ever not be grateful to those that stuck by him and waited for him to return and still stick by him. As much as I was gutted to see him leave MONSTA X, after how desperate he wanted to debut, I personally think it's now his best move, as we're getting music from him that we wouldn't have if he was still in the group. Even though they don't talk about it, I think MONBEBE and WENEE, know that they still all get along, hang out and talk and know that they all support one another. I think this track just shows how grateful he is to his fans and I think with the melody and his vocals being so soft in this track shows his sincerity.
Weneed

Ain't About You (Feat. Kiiara) is one of my favourite tracks from this album, I love the melody and I would love to see him sing this song live with Kiiara. I think Kiiara's vocals fit perfectly with Wonho's and I would love to see more collaborations between the two of them. This is one of those songs that whenever it comes on, I sing a long from start to finish and I can't help but feel it gives Wonho a bad boy vibe.
Ain't About You (Feat. Kiiara)
Ain't About You (Feat. Kiiara)

I love the melody for Flash, I think it fits perfectly with Wonho's soft vocal tones, I think this is one of those songs that just melts the senses, and hearing him rap makes this song perfect.
Flash

I love that Wonho always seems to give us English songs, especially with his title tracks and it was no different this time round with Lose (English Ver.).
Lose (English Ver.)

The melody for Outro: And is stunning, I could listen to it all day, it's such a beautiful track to end the album with and complete his Love Synonym album series with.
Outro: And

I love that the tracks on this album have the same style of vibe with that they have a softness in the melodies that fit Wonho's vocals perfectly. Personally for me, this album is definitely one for the senses.
With each comeback you can see how much Wonho has grown and become more confident and comfortable being a soloist, his next comeback has been announced and I can't wait to see what he brings us next and will it knock my favourite title track from it's top spot.

Were you a fan of Love Synonym Pt.2: Right For Us?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What were your thoughts on Lose as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment